First week! Loads to lose.

Nurse1974

Hi there, this is my first journey into meal replacement diets, I've had success in the past with rosemary Connelly, weight watchers and limited success with slimming world. Ended up needing surgery post weight watchers because I had gallstones, put loads of weight back on but no where near as much as before. I'm now on day three! Been 100%, and am convinced I'm in ketosis with the fouls taste in my mouth! First weigh in Monday! Need to lose over 7 stone to get to a healthy BMI, so need all the support I can get! Any tips would be greatly appreciated and success stories.

Once more into the breach dear dieters,mood will not win this battle!

Ha think that should say food will not win the battle! Although I think mood has a lot to do with it!

Today dawns day four, already I'm thinking about yummy food, really hope this will pass as that will be my downfall, just sipping black tea (earl grey with sweetener).

Was really irritable yesterday is that normal? My husband couldn't do anything right. For now I will contemplate the ht vanilla shake with a shot of coffee I'm going to have later for breakfast.

I was on nights last week and didn't dare start the diet as seven 12 hour night shifts are hard enough with food without wanting to naw my own leg off, so I decided to be ultra healthy and live on salad, fruit and quorn and I lost 8lb!, was gobsmacked so I will be very surprised if I have a big substantial loss the first week on exante. Although I must say I've slipped into ketosis really easy as my body was already half way there with my salad diet!

Don't know how my next set of seven nights will go, that will be my fifth week, wondered wether I could push my AAM week back til then? Any thoughts guys?

Well I've had a brill day, feel much better and more energy, had bar for lunch, yum and tomatoe soup for tea, not to sure about that! Think I prefer bars and shakes!

Well day five begins, no hunger and foul taste seems to be dissipating! Although I am constipated! Porridge for breakfast! Looking forward to weigh in Monday!
Hope u all have a good day x

Hiya.. Good luck on your journey, I also have over 7 stone to lose and seems like such a big goal but mini targets will help :) xx

Good afternoon, welcome and good luck on your Exante journey!

Sounds like you're through the worst and firmly in ketosis now, well done xx

Hi keirasmummy,

Really don't know how I'm going to achieve such a massive loss but we certainly have to try! Am starting to feel hungry today which is never a good sign. How's your diet plan going?..

Hi giggle pants,

Thank you for the welcome, need all the support I can get.. Not having good day today my husband desperately wants to go out for dinner and I can't :(

How your weight loss journey ....

Hi giggle pants,

Thank you for the welcome, need all the support I can get.. Not having good day today my husband desperately wants to go out for dinner and I can't :(

How your weight loss journey ....

I'm a re-starter! Last year I managed to get down to 9st 11lb then went on holiday and gradually put it all back on! :break_diet:

This time I'm determined to keep it off for good :D

If you do end up going out, stay low carb to minimise any damage xx

Was good today although I found it hard! Went out shopping had earl grey, black with sweetener! Didn't got out for tea in the end, ended up at my sisters who's also on exante. Day six tomorrow! God hope these hunger pangs settle even the cat food looks appetising! Lol . Lets see what tomorrow brings, good luck on your new journey. Hopefully I'll join you in the nine stones! X

Hey nurse

Just wanted to pop in and say hi I'm on day 3 today and have 6 1/2 stone to a healthy BMI, so I find similar to you that it's quite daunting and best to break it up into smaller more manageable goals :) you seem to have started really well. How much water are you drinking because sometimes upping the water can help with the hunger pangs x

Hey dust queen,

So glad you said hi! It's nice to talk to someone who needs a similar weight loss! It seems so daunting! Think i just need to concentrate on a week at a time.

As for the water I've never drank so much in my life LOL! I spend more time on the loo than I do anything else! Hopefully these next few days will be easier! Contemplating starting an exercise plan on week 4 or 5. Feel to tired at the moment. Thought I'd start with swimming and increase my dog walking am conscious about the need for toning as well as weight loss.

How you feeling? Hope your managing to stay strong?

Hey dust queen,

So glad you said hi! It's nice to talk to someone who needs a similar weight loss! It seems so daunting! Think i just need to concentrate on a week at a time.

As for the water I've never drank so much in my life LOL! I spend more time on the loo than I do anything else! Hopefully these next few days will be easier! Contemplating starting an exercise plan on week 4 or 5. Feel to tired at the moment. Thought I'd start with swimming and increase my dog walking am conscious about the need for toning as well as weight loss.

How you feeling? Hope your managing to stay strong?

Yeah it is all a bit isn't it :) I'm having to concentrate on a day at a time at the moment hopefully ill be able to cope with weeks soon lol
The peeing does calm down when your bladder and body get used to it :)
Yeah not too bad here, think I'll manage today fine so just concentrating on that for now :)

Foul taste in my mouth again today! Keeping busy is keeping my mind off food! Busy potting up roses for my yard! Dogs helping, noses in everything.....mmmmm think it might be another bar for lunch!

Foul taste in my mouth again today! Keeping busy is keeping my mind off food! Busy potting up roses for my yard! Dogs helping, noses in everything.....mmmmm think it might be another bar for lunch!

LMAO @ dogs "helping" mine likes to "help"!!!
That foul taste is the taste of weight loss ;)

Good day today! Not been hungry although foul taste still there, been walking with doggies and husband! Although the smell of chips at the pub nearly did me in! Think cos I've been busy I've not had chance to think bout food. How u doing dust queen? My main problem is bloody constipation for the last four days! Lol

Good day today! Not been hungry although foul taste still there, been walking with doggies and husband! Although the smell of chips at the pub nearly did me in! Think cos I've been busy I've not had chance to think bout food. How u doing dust queen? My main problem is bloody constipation for the last four days! Lol

aww glad it's been a good day! Oh noooo not chips!! They always smell so good (usually better than they taste), yeah I'm doing OK thanks :) yeah that is a problem on these diets, I find dulcolax pico pearls are quite good, think you can get them online they are very gentle no explosive effects IYKWIM

Well nearly a week done! Weigh in tomorrow! Off out today with my nieces hopefully I won't get tempted by naughty things! Going to invest in some physiullim husk powder I think, clear out my drains! Pmsl....hope you having a good day out there guys! The sun is shining and I'm not at b*****y work!

Hey dust queen have a fab day! Stay strong xxxx

Well nearly a week done! Weigh in tomorrow! Off out today with my nieces hopefully I won't get tempted by naughty things! Going to invest in some physiullim husk powder I think, clear out my drains! Pmsl....hope you having a good day out there guys! The sun is shining and I'm not at b*****y work!

Hey dust queen have a fab day! Stay strong xxxx

Hey nurse

Careful with the psyllium husk if you are already blocked it can make things worse its more helpful as a preventative measure x

Back