First week so gutted! :(

KellyS111

Hey!

So I joined SW last thurs eve. I have just about got my head around it all after moving from WW.
I have done good, not felt hungry which is great.

I have so far lost 32lb dieting by myself and with WW so wasn't expecting a big loss, and its also only been 4 days because my group was cancelled so had to find another but.... I lost NOTHING!!!

Absolutely gutted, wanted to cry. I have been eating more fruit an veg then ever before, loads of fluids no cheating, no extra syns!

Kelly
:(

Don't be disheartened 4 days is nothing. I know I shouldn't but if I ever peek at the scales during the week I've learnt to ignore the number as I can vary 5lbs from one day to the next. It's perfectly normal and it might just be that as its the middle of the weigh in week as it were, it might be an up day for you so any weightloss isn't showing. Stick with it and you should see a result next week. It's always also a good idea to look at your weight losses as a 4 weekly thing. I know we weigh weekly but due to natural fluctuations its best to view it over a longer period to allow for the changes from week to week if you get what I mean? Good luck! Xx

I didn't lose anything in my first week either, I've got weigh in tomorrow night for my 2nd week and according to my scales I've only lost 1/2 a pound! Like you I'm pretty gutted too as I've been really good for 2 weeks. I'm going to give it another couple of weeks on EE and if I'm still not losing I'll try swopping to Red days.
Keep at it - at least we've not put anything on! Haha!! :)

Stick with it. Quite often people will sts or put on during their first couple of weeks at SW but once your body gets used to the new way of eating the weight will start coming off x It does work - honest! x

Fizzy Kel said:
Hey!

So I joined SW last thurs eve. I have just about got my head around it all after moving from WW.

I have so far lost 32lb dieting by myself and with WW so wasn't expecting a big loss, and its also only been 4 days because my group was cancelled so had to find another but.... I lost NOTHING!!!

Absolutely gutted, wanted to cry. I have been eating more fruit an veg then ever before, loads of fluids no cheating, no extra syns!

Kelly

Hang in there it does work. Promise!
And make sure u have all your syns and healthy extras as cutting back on them hinders weight loss x

Don't fret! As said, you havent had a real weigh in yet, so next week will be much better. You also haven't just started a diet so you won't get a dramatic weight loss at the start but just stick to it!

Hey!

Kelly

Blimey! Give it a chance love, You haven't even given its a week. Its not a miracle diet or anything.

If you're really worried then post your food diary.

Hi, I'm with the others on this one - it's not even been a full week so can't really be counted as a first week WI.

What have you been eating? Have you weighed and measured everything? What does "no extra syns" mean? Do that mean none or none over 10-15?

Have you been eating a third superfree foods with all your meals?

If you have done everything right and not lost then it will catch up and you'll lose next week, when you've had a full week at it.

Stick with it. It will come off.

Weighed & measured? I didn't think you had to do that on SW. If you do, then that's where I may have been going wrong as I was disappointed with my first week 1lb loss although I had stuck to the plan & not exceeded my syns.

Despite feeling gutted I decided to keep persevering with SW as I am eating more healthily (avoiding the biscuit tin & eating lots of fruit) and at least it's a loss.

Keep your chin up and I'm sure our weight will come off in time, might just take a bit longer than the first time slimmers!

I find if I weigh mid week it sometimes shows a gain and then I'll go to weigh in on the right day and it will show 3lbs off. Your weight fluctuates so much during the week.
See this as a blessing in disguise, next week you will have extra time to loose, so you will have a bigger loss next week than you would have done before :)

I'm showing a gain so far this week and I've stuck 100% to diet I'm not worried over a month it will all work it's way out :) keep going

Hi Kel

Just to let you know I was gutted last week as only lost 1lb + it was my first week. I've never lost so little on a first week so spent last week wondering if this was the 'right' sort of diet for me", or if I really do need to starve myself to get the weight off.

However, weighed in this morning and absolutely thrilled to have lost another 4 1/2 lbs. I haven't felt deprived, had my little bit of choc now & again ;) with a kit-kat (5.5 syns but it was worth it).

I'm sure you will find you do the same as me. Keep your chin up & keep at it. It does seem to be working. ( Well, that was last week, now onwards to this now. Lol )

Roberta. X

You have to look at the weight loss over a month, I know at certain times of the month I will weigh loads more, I'm expecting a bad week this week due to it! keep at it, you have only got to look at peoples weight loss over the forum to see it works. I think the weight people have lost is amazing. good luck x

That time of the month can make it seem like you've gained or not lost anything too. I HATED going to get weighed in while I was on that. But yeah after 4 days isn't really enough. <3 Give it the week. :)

Thanks so much for all your support. I have continued and kept it up. I have increased my super free, and really sticking to no more than 10 syns a day, somedays only a few.

I'm weighing in on a wed morning now as I have found a closer group that suits my days and times.

Maybe I should start a diary, but wonder if anyone would be interested in little old me lol

Kelly
X

Thanks so much for all your support. I have continued and kept it up. I have increased my super free, and really sticking to no more than 10 syns a day, somedays only a few.

I'm weighing in on a wed morning now as I have found a closer group that suits my days and times.

Maybe I should start a diary, but wonder if anyone would be interested in little old me lol

Kelly
X

Yay! ^^ Way to go. <3

All I can say really is what others have posted. Keep the faith, read yr books, re read again to make sure you understand everything. If you keep 100% to plan you will be rewarded, and thats a promise. :)

Back