Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

fish (and chips) recipe

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by mella, 28 June 2010 Social URL.

1. mella

mella Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(13.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I really fancy fish and chips for tea one night and was looking at the main SW site for how to do the fish. One of the ingredients listed is 'breadcrumbs' - does this mean the breadcrumbs that you buy in a tub, or made out of wholemeal bread and using my Hep B?

Thanks
    Mel

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. dudette2001uk

dudette2001uk I will be a Princess!

Start Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It would mean a HeB of breadcrumbs :) Unless they've counted it as syns for Golden Breadcrumbs.

Sian xxx

4. mella

mella Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(13.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I thought that it was wholemeal ones too, but it doesn't say anything about adding syns if bread not a hep b, but does say to syn the fish if not using as a hep b on green? :confused:

5. dudette2001uk

dudette2001uk I will be a Princess!

Start Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    In that case, they've used wholemeal bread :) If you weren't using it as a HeB you would have to syn it - it would be 3 syns per slice of wholemeal bread from a 400g loaf :) xx

6. mella

mella Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(13.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    This is it if it helps

With this fantastically low-Syn fish dish there’s no need to give your slimming campaign a ‘battering’!
    Serves 4
    Syns per serving: 2½ Syns on Green*, 10½ Syns on Original, 2½ Syns on Extra Easy
    *add 6 Syns if not using cod as a Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice

ingredients

4 x 142g/5oz cod fillets
    Juice of 1 lemon
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    908g/2lb Maris Piper or King Edward potatoes
    Fry Light
    57g/2oz breadcrumbs
    4 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
    2 eggs

method

1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Place the cod fillets in a bowl, sprinkle over the lemon juice and season well. Leave to marinate for an hour.
    2. Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and cut into thick chips. Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the chips for 5 minutes. Drain and dry on kitchen paper. Return to the dry pan and shake to ‘rough up’ the edges. Transfer to a non-stick baking sheet, spray with Fry Light and season well.
    3. Mix together the breadcrumbs, parsley and seasoning to taste. Lightly beat the eggs and place in a bowl. Dip each cod fillet into the egg mixture and then into the breadcrumbs mixture to coat evenly and place on a baking sheet sprayed with Fry Light.
    4. Place the chips in the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Add the fish and cook for a further 15-20 minutes. Divide between four plates and serve with tomato ketchup (1 Syn per level tbsp).

7. evethewitch

evethewitch Silver Member

the syns would be for the breadcrumbs out a tub u could make it with fresh breadcrumbs wold make it less syns :)

8. mella

mella Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(13.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    thanks, i've been thinking that it must be the potted ones- but think i'll syn them, and keep my hep b

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.