fish (and chips) recipe

mella

I really fancy fish and chips for tea one night and was looking at the main SW site for how to do the fish. One of the ingredients listed is 'breadcrumbs' - does this mean the breadcrumbs that you buy in a tub, or made out of wholemeal bread and using my Hep B?

Thanks
Mel

I thought that it was wholemeal ones too, but it doesn't say anything about adding syns if bread not a hep b, but does say to syn the fish if not using as a hep b on green? :confused:

This is it if it helps

With this fantastically low-Syn fish dish there’s no need to give your slimming campaign a ‘battering’!
Serves 4
Syns per serving: 2½ Syns on Green*, 10½ Syns on Original, 2½ Syns on Extra Easy
*add 6 Syns if not using cod as a Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice

ingredients

4 x 142g/5oz cod fillets
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
908g/2lb Maris Piper or King Edward potatoes
Fry Light
57g/2oz breadcrumbs
4 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
2 eggs

method

1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Place the cod fillets in a bowl, sprinkle over the lemon juice and season well. Leave to marinate for an hour.
2. Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and cut into thick chips. Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the chips for 5 minutes. Drain and dry on kitchen paper. Return to the dry pan and shake to ‘rough up’ the edges. Transfer to a non-stick baking sheet, spray with Fry Light and season well.
3. Mix together the breadcrumbs, parsley and seasoning to taste. Lightly beat the eggs and place in a bowl. Dip each cod fillet into the egg mixture and then into the breadcrumbs mixture to coat evenly and place on a baking sheet sprayed with Fry Light.
4. Place the chips in the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Add the fish and cook for a further 15-20 minutes. Divide between four plates and serve with tomato ketchup (1 Syn per level tbsp).

the syns would be for the breadcrumbs out a tub u could make it with fresh breadcrumbs wold make it less syns :)

thanks, i've been thinking that it must be the potted ones- but think i'll syn them, and keep my hep b

Back