Fitbug ??

Theres nothing wrong with the bug, just no way of registering on the site!

I have no idea KD. Its very suspect that the ebay seller hasn't replied considering he has had other auctions going on.

Firbug customer service..... from what I can understand ......think that everyone must have a username and password set up before they got their bugs. They seem to have no idea how to handle any other enquiries.

The bug works fine, just no access to the site as Bex was saying.

Difficult finding promo codes here!!

Theres nothing wrong with the bug, just no way of registering on the site!

Well yes, that's what I mean. It could well be something wrong with the new site. Something that Fitbug need to sort.

It seemed that people were cross with the Ebayer, when the ebayer might not be at fault here. My fitbug is fine. Registered without a problem, so Fitbug have messed up something.

I certainly didn't have a username before I signed up.

You might find that getting the subscription via fitbug, still gives you the same problem?

Well, that's true Nicole. Tis strange. From what I gather, a small proportion of people get it through the site. I wonder if others who buy them from shops, get them from their places of work, or gyms are having problems.

It's a menace isn't it.

Don't get too excited though. It's okay, but nothing special. The pedometer is good thouh I think. The food diary bit is still not very good, but then I'm used to WLR, which has refined itself over the years and they still aren't giving new targets to anyone at the moment, so there is little you can do with it at the moment.

Hope it sorts itself out soon though! Must be frustrating.

hrm........I will stomp about and grump for a bit more. No luck with promo codes anyway. Keeps saying for anything I type in that its wrong or expired or some other excuse!! One I did found worked took you to a different bit of the site....but you had to be a staff member of some insurance company and join with your number thingie on your staff card. bah!!!

Maybe, the next time I phone them and get fobbed off, I might ask them if this is a common problem at the moment.

HUMPH!!

How maddening Coley - hope you get it sorted.

Fitbug have called me today.

Just had a call from Fitbug with how to get registered, here are the instructions.

go to

www.fitbug.com/start

Press Continue

Will take you to a Registration page.

Add this code number to the boxes

FBL BARE 009175

this should take you to a sign in page, so enter your details and you should then be registered.

Was advised will get free membership for one month and then after that need to decide if want to continue.

Hope it works for you all too. If not ring Fitbug and ask them.

All best

Deb x

I did all that then it asked me for my username and password!! doh!! Have tried it again with the number on my fitbug card.....doesn't recognise it. I have nothing printed on the box apart from the bar code.

I think we're doomed.

It doesn't give me the option....just says I must be signed in to view this content.

I put in a username and password, eventhough I've not registered one and it says its the wrong username or password.

yup....thats fine and dandy, then I go on, get tools of the trade and shown how to set my bug blaaa blaaaaa....then it says I have to log in for the step 3 bit (after the 8 pages of step 2)

I am stumped then!! :mad:

I got all that, and got a page where I had to enter all my personal details and then create username and password etc!

I have just tried it again, and it went through all the pages, but this time didnt come up with the personal info page, it just went straight to the Log in page.

Wonder if its worth you trying again but after deinstalling the bug software, switching off you pc and doing a reboot ??

Might be worth a go!

No joy with that one Cavy!! booooooo

I phoned fitbug and put my foot down so I got through to head office :D

They are saying that since the site was upgraded they no longer use the purple membership cards. She did say I can have 1 month free and they can set up and subscription properly after that but I'm not really wanting to fork out everything twice.

At the moment, new members are getting the "membership pack" free and then paying £9 a month for the subscription, obviously this in part pays for the bug etc. I have already paid for the bug so I am wanting to see if I can get a lower subscription. If I can't, I'll be sorting out this dispute with the ebay seller and signing up with fitbug.

Hopefully they will have sorted out a nice deal for me that will even things up.

:)

what the issue may be, to me.

Is, theres one group of people who get a set of instructions A
and another set of people who get a set of instructions B

Group A registeres new details
While
Group B has to use existing details.

To me it sounds like the people in group B, that the subscription number has already been used to register an account and thus its asking you for an already existing username/password.

Thats what sounds like is happening to yous.

Pierce

If I can't, I'll be sorting out this dispute with the ebay seller and signing up with fitbug.

Oh Nicole. So annoying for you, especially when you've seen others manage to get on:(

I think you must have got yours from a different Ebay seller though, as mine didn't mention a subscription...I was dead chuffed to find I did actually have one as I wasn't expecting it.

Annoying for the Ebay seller, even if he did say a subscription came with it (rather than just a membership card), as I don't suppose he realised that Fitbug would suddenly change the rules!

Who did you get it from? And how long did they say the subscription was for?

humph!! the world hates meeeeeeeeeee!!:raincloud:

Think Pierce may be right. Darn.:cry:

KD - daft ebay seller said that membership card would give access to site blaaa blaaaa....he owns some gym in Kent, jaxx2k7 or something his ebay account is. Type in fitbug on ebay and it's the only thing that comes up.:rolleyes:

So off for some more toofy peg root treatment now, knowing my luck, the only time head office will actually phone back will be when I'm getting drilled! :confused::confused::confused:

KD - daft ebay seller said that membership card would give access to site blaaa blaaaa....he owns some gym in Kent, jaxx2k7 or something his ebay account is. Type in fitbug on ebay and it's the only thing that comes up.:rolleyes:

Yep, that's the same one as I got mine from.

I think you are being a tad hard on the ebay seller. How was he to know that Fitbug would suddenly change the way they did things after all this time?

Very unfortunate, but not really his fault. He does need telling though, as he should now take them off his items, or at least change the description to make it clearer.

Back