Fitbug ??

It's still not emerged Deb, they promised it last Monday and then today, but it seems they have a bug in their Fitbug system. So no update to tell you about yet - sorry!

Right. Got my fitbug in the post today :)

I bought it from Ebay. No mention of subscription, just saying it was new with a membership card, so I didn't know what the 'status' was. Still don't know:confused:

Think I'm a paid up member cos I seem to be able to get into everything, but for how long....who knows.

Anyway....so trying to be 'normal' today and not walk any more than I normally do as they suggest for the first week. Very easy :D

It seems pretty accurate. A few steps 'off', but wasn't expecting 100% Certainly seemed more accurate than other pedometers I've tried. Seemed to work well with it just in my trouser pocket too.

Finding the website a little confusing, and was annoyed that I couldn't complete registration without a mobile number. That really should be an option! Not everyone has mobiles!

Think I might have problem getting the aerobic bit up as I seem to walk all day long, but in bits if you know what I mean.

Looking forward to seeing the new website. I think they are mad announcing it was coming. Very foolish. Would have been better to surprise everyone than to let them down waiting for the day.

Peoples expectations get out of proportion too.

But. I reckon it'll be a bit of fun and renew my enthusiasm for the next little while...until I get bored again:eek:

That's who I bought mine from. Sorry, didn't see this message earlier as I wasn't around much yesterday.

The fitbug was sealed and 'as new'. The membership seems to include the subscription though I don't know how long for.

Certainly everything seems to be in order

Good! Cant wait until i get mine! Just the toy i need to get more active, especially as the better weather will be upon us soon, and the lighter evenings. The kids and i will be going out for a walk most eves!

I have just ordered one too. :)

Hope it turns up soon, maybe we can start a little sub-section of 'Fitbuggers' :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D , and see how we all get on.

Deb x

Ooooooooough!! I got my little bug bug today!! me loves it. I had a pedometer so wore both them......seems my old pedometer is about 200 per thousand out! oops!!

I wanted to register and have all sorts of joy tonight...but I can't. Stupid site!! if it's not up tomorrow, I will cry!!

Well done Bex:cool: I hope the site is up and running tomorrow.

My target from fitbug this week was 0 regular steps and 0 aerobic steps .:confused:

Can't wait to get off the comode :D

Oh! Should have said...you're not doing more than normal are you Bex?:eek: Supposed to be 'normal' for a week so they can work out your targets.

Take it easy Gal;)

Well, i guess its a bit more than normal, but nothing 'unmanagable'. Went for a walk on Dartmoor with the kids, about 3 miles, a mooch around the horrid place whose reputation precedes it, the awful TRAGO MILLS, ran around after the girls at home, and did about half an hour on my stepper. Not bad really for day 1! Dont know about keeping it up when the kids are back at school though, and i am back at work. I dont usually have time to walk to school and back, but i will TRY to adjust my diary to do it more often.

Shame i pigged out this evening really! Just cant get into diet mode...:cry:

Well done Bex:cool: I hope the site is up and running tomorrow.

My target from fitbug this week was 0 regular steps and 0 aerobic steps .:confused:

Can't wait to get off the comode :D

Haha, that would be impossible to achieve!

Mine wasnt a target set by the company, just the 'recommended' amount of steps/day. Shall be interested to see my target!

You can still wear it though and it'll keep track for later uploading (I think....anyway!)

It's now 12.19am.....still no fitbug website. I'm gutted!! I wanted to toddle off to uni all fitbugged up and registered!!! :(

I know... am in the same boat. Got my fitbug yesterday, have been wearing it etc but cant register it yet as the site is down. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I do have a question though, maybe I have set mine up wrong, but last night I did my usual 45 mins on the x-trainer and 10km.

The fitbug said I had done 4500 steps but only did 3km :confused:

I am inclined to think the x-trainer is more accurate due to it being a measured thing with the rotation of the drum etc if you get what I mean.

I think I did set the bug up right. I am 168 cm tall and for the step it said to x that by 0.4 = 67 cm stride. :confused:

Perhaps all will be revealed when get onto the site and register it etc.

Wish they would hurry up. :D :D :D

Cavy - I think the little bug is only for steps.......the cross trainer is more a circular motion, maybe it didn't register the steps properly? Think it would be more accurate just walking.

Bethany - fitbug is a pedometer.....counts steps and areobic steps and you can plug it in the computer and get pretty graphs and nutrition advice....well.......I think thats right about the website stuff. I honestly don't know because the site isn't up yet!! gggggrrrrrr!! it still says it will be up and running BY today. Hello??!! it's today!!!:cry: :cry:

Yes, I found the xtrainer and treadmill gave inaccurate figures on my fitbug. Walking was fine though.

The new site will convert gym equipment into step I think, so I guess it'll be better to remove the fitbug and enter the distance manually.

I love the way I can clip my lanyard onto the edge of my pocket and then put the bug into my jeans. Just don't know it's there. I've had a few pedometers, but none have been as accurate as this one, especially in my pocket!

I am so suspicious though, that I do spend and extraodinary amount of time looking, counting as I walk, looking again to check it's right.

Bother!! Still no new website. Stoopid people!:mad:

Back