Fitbug ??

Cavy - I think the little bug is only for steps.......the cross trainer is more a circular motion, maybe it didn't register the steps properly? Think it would be more accurate just walking.

Ahh thats probably why. Still at least I know have done the time and the km's. Wonder if I pin it to the arms of the stepper it may register the steps better, as it will get back and forward motion rather than up& down. (that sounds rude). :D :D :D

My fitbug has confirmed what I already knew. Had it on since 8am today and all I have done so far is 891 steps. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: .

Trouble is my job is being stuck on pc all day doing admin/accounts. Most walking I do at work is to visit the loo and make a drink!! :p I need a job thats more active.!! and pays more. :rolleyes:

Deb x

Works brilliantly on a rebounder! Great for when its raining!

If the fitbug site ever gets back online, I can see everyone going crazy and trying to log in, and the whole thing blowing up;)

Reckon it's going to be hard getting on for a while anyway I would think:(

Little old me phoned them......they say very late this evening or tomorrow morning.

Somehow I don't think they have people working on it at this time of night........eeeeevil people.

Nice one Coley on ringing themJust tried to log inThe management of this new site has been really bad - Not impressed - cant wait to add in my water aerobic steps though

Hi Shazza - not seen you around for a while - how you doing?

Just tried my bug again, but still no site - what a major pain this new re-launch is turning out to be, hope it's worth all the trouble!

Wow Bex, you're going great guns there, putting us seasoned fitbuggers to shame :p

Yea, its a relief to not be thinking about cd all the time! Mind you, being busy again next week, after the hols, i may give it another go. We'll see...

Just seen your Avatar Kenzie loves Garfield.:)

Sounds like a great little gizmo to keep you going.

We find out how much the bonus is tomorrow, fingers crossed it's a fair bit! 50% goes in tax and national insurance mind.:cry:

Dizzy x

:coffee: Just wanted to try a new smilie. Will get a coffee!

Just finished my 10000 steps again! :D :D :D

Cant wait for the site to be up and running!

OMG... 10,000 steps how did you manage to do all those ?:eek:

Its putting my 5456 to shame and that includes the 45 mins (10k) on the x-trainer. eek!!:doh: . Makes mental note to go for a walk into town tomorrow!!:)

Wow Bex, you're going great guns there, putting us seasoned fitbuggers to shame

Seriously you are Bex...well done. I am very envious of your high steps. :clap:

M/dotty ...I so love the name fitbuggers.... makes me laugh everytime I read it. :D :D :D

OMG... 10,000 steps how did you manage to do all those ?:eek:

Its putting my 5456 to shame and that includes the 45 mins (10k) on the x-trainer. eek!!:doh: . Makes mental note to go for a walk into town tomorrow!!:)

Seriously you are Bex...well done. I am very envious of your high steps. :clap:

M/dotty ...I so love the name fitbuggers.... makes me laugh everytime I read it. :D :D :D

Yesterday was a walk of a couple of miles on Dartmoor, and a trail around the shops, then about half an hour on the rebounder. Today was mostly rebounder, probably about an hour and a half broken down into managable chunks! I put music on whilst on it and have a good boogie!

I am sure your x trainer fitbug measurement must be wrong as my fitbug doesnt say i have walked anything like 10k!

Hang on, i will just check....

I suspect your x trainer is much better for you....

I'm well confused....all I did today was walk to Uni, to a lecture, to the union for lunch, to the reading room, up to the lab, back down and home and then to the local shop.

10139 steps!!! 4362 areobic steps! 314 cals burned, 6.68km walked!! I didn't think I did anything like that normally!!!

still no site!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Yesterday was a walk of a couple of miles on Dartmoor, and a trail around the shops, then about half an hour on the rebounder. Today was mostly rebounder, probably about an hour and a half broken down into managable chunks! I put music on whilst on it and have a good boogie!

I am sure your x trainer fitbug measurement must be wrong as my fitbug doesnt say i have walked anything like 10k!

Hang on, i will just check....

I suspect your x trainer is much better for you....

I am really looking forward to having a good walk with mine weekend. In the week its impossible with working and all the animals I have to take care of.

I am certain the fitbug is not registering the steps right on the x-trainer which is a shame as would have liked the steps to count. Probably wont wear it when the site is back up and running and just enter the details from the x-trainer in if thats what you can do. :) . Cant get on yet so no idea how it works. :D :D

I used to love walking but since moving house and having great distance to commute to work it all stopped, same as my cycling. ! Hopefully though will be doing some more walking and cycling when the old push bike is fixed. ((that will be me pushing the bike as too cream crackered to ride it. :D ))

All this exercise is gonna kill me. :angeldevil: :crazy:

Just found this;

HOW MANY STEPS ARE IN A KM?
The Steps Out program considers an average step to be 0.762 meters (this equals a 2.5 foot stride) Therefore, 1 kilometer = 1,320 Steps.

And this;
· 10,000 steps equals about five miles

I reckon thats about right!

I dont think your bug is measuring the cross trainer properly!

I'm well confused....all I did today was walk to Uni, to a lecture, to the union for lunch, to the reading room, up to the lab, back down and home and then to the local shop.

10139 steps!!! 4362 areobic steps! 314 cals burned, 6.68km walked!! I didn't think I did anything like that normally!!!

still no site!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sounds like you do the required amount anyway Coley!

Back