Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Flapjack question

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by HappyNoodles, 27 January 2008 Social URL.

1. HappyNoodles

HappyNoodles Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Hi all!
    Hope you're all well,
    I was offered the flapjacks at my last weigh in but refused cos I've heard how bad they are, can anyone tell me are they THAT bad?? I thought maybe dipping it in coffee could be nice? And if I decide to get them, which ones? Or a mix of both?
    I've also heard you don't lose weight as quickly on them? Is this true?

Thanks a mill in advance!

xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. fattothin

fattothin Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim 1st time
    Hi Daisy I reckon you do lose weight on them as you as you cant eat them. Mate they are terrible but I will eat them if im in a position where I cant make a drink such as driving or flying x

4. Lairey

Lairey Full Member

The coconut one is AWFUL! I could not actually believe how bad it tasted. It was like eating a mouthful of salt! Im not brave enough to try the peanut one!!

5. fattothin

fattothin Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim 1st time
    I thought it was peanut and coconut, I didn't realise their was 2 seperate ones, ooops.

6. LizzieB

LizzieB Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.49%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Some people like them. Personally i think they taste as bad as they look (like a penuty turd)

7. fattothin

fattothin Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim 1st time

:D:D:D I reckon a turd tastes better

8. LizzieB

LizzieB Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.49%)
    Diet:
    CD
    As long as your not on this diet :)

9. HappyNoodles

HappyNoodles Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Should I give them a miss?
    It seems I should!!
    Just that I seem to be kinda grinding my teeth which I've never done before? Think it's cos I'm not chewing?

10. fattothin

fattothin Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim 1st time
    Be a devil and try one you never know? You could always change it next weigh in if you dislike them.
    And stop grinding your teeth:D you sound like my gran

11. BIG BIRDY

BIG BIRDY Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Avoid the coconut one! The peanut is just about ok if you have nothing else. I used to nibble at mine over 1/2hr or so. They do fill you up though, and have some fibre in them. I kept one in my car to keep me going when out and about. A bar lasted a week!:D:D:D:D

12. LizzieB

LizzieB Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.49%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Just get one and give it a go! Be prepaired to drink load of water with it!!

13. HappyNoodles

HappyNoodles Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Eeeek i'm scared of them now!! I might wait untill I lose another 11bls, that'll be 2st gone!

14. fattothin

fattothin Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim 1st time
    Dont be scared of them, just pop it in your mouth and chew on the nuts, if you dont like them , its ok they just last longer ;)

15. Daisybank

Daisybank Hmmmmmm!

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Words cannot describe how awful they are, they really made me heave. I bought them cos I thought they would be good to have at work, easier than making the shake. Even eating it grain by grain I couldnt bear the taste or texture. I love normal flapjacks, but I hate these. My advice would be to only get one to try, until you know if you can eat them. :)

16. Bea

Bea Back on the wagon!

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.53%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge +
    LOL Daisy....

I am sort of in the minority on this forum but I actually really liked the flapjacks...it took a couple but honestly lightly toasted (the coconut was my fav) and it was so nice to chew instead of drinking all the time. I travel a bit with my work and organising shakes was a total pain....so have a flap jack, coffee and a glass of water was just great!! Try one!! You might surprise yourself!!

17. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

Their similarity to carpet tiles is unbelievable xx

18. Bea

Bea Back on the wagon!

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.53%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge +
    ROFL.....when have you been eating carpet!!! LOL.....although I agree LT could do with sorting out how they look....he he he

19. Emmabeth

Emmabeth Member

In the words of Janice.... Oh My Gawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwd...

Im trying to eat a peanut one right now. I figured if i started with this having read that they were bad, then the shakes would be delicious in comparison..

I know it says in the info pack that the foods are not meant to taste 'moreish'... but seriously, dog turd would be more er moreish than this....

I have developed a technique where it remains stuffed in my cheek and i chew it till it can be swallowed and it barely touches my tongue, thus minimising the shocking, indescribably awful flavour...

I might be sick yet though!

On the plus side.. i was feeling really hungry and I most certainly am NOT now!

20. harriet2

harriet2 serial poster

Goal Weight:
    68kg
    Diet:
    my own
    i tried my first peanut flapjack today and it was ok but i cant say i liked them. lets just say they look very similar to hardboard and probably taste similar too!! one a week is all im gonna do ..if at all. only good thing is that i expected them to be very dry and they arent, there sort of moist but also smelt a bit odd!

h x

21. Emmabeth

Emmabeth Member

I thought they smelled like an ashtray.... and once it dawned on me that they did I couldnt finish mine today.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.