Flapjack question

HappyNoodles

Gold Member
Hi all!
Hope you're all well,
I was offered the flapjacks at my last weigh in but refused cos I've heard how bad they are, can anyone tell me are they THAT bad?? I thought maybe dipping it in coffee could be nice? And if I decide to get them, which ones? Or a mix of both?
I've also heard you don't lose weight as quickly on them? Is this true?

Thanks a mill in advance!

xxx

Hi Daisy I reckon you do lose weight on them as you as you cant eat them. Mate they are terrible but I will eat them if im in a position where I cant make a drink such as driving or flying x

The coconut one is AWFUL! I could not actually believe how bad it tasted. It was like eating a mouthful of salt! Im not brave enough to try the peanut one!!

I thought it was peanut and coconut, I didn't realise their was 2 seperate ones, ooops.

Some people like them. Personally i think they taste as bad as they look (like a penuty turd)

:D:D:D I reckon a turd tastes better

Should I give them a miss?
It seems I should!!
Just that I seem to be kinda grinding my teeth which I've never done before? Think it's cos I'm not chewing?

Be a devil and try one you never know? You could always change it next weigh in if you dislike them.
And stop grinding your teeth:D you sound like my gran

Avoid the coconut one! The peanut is just about ok if you have nothing else. I used to nibble at mine over 1/2hr or so. They do fill you up though, and have some fibre in them. I kept one in my car to keep me going when out and about. A bar lasted a week!:D:D:D:D

Eeeek i'm scared of them now!! I might wait untill I lose another 11bls, that'll be 2st gone!

Dont be scared of them, just pop it in your mouth and chew on the nuts, if you dont like them , its ok they just last longer ;)

Words cannot describe how awful they are, they really made me heave. I bought them cos I thought they would be good to have at work, easier than making the shake. Even eating it grain by grain I couldnt bear the taste or texture. I love normal flapjacks, but I hate these. My advice would be to only get one to try, until you know if you can eat them. :)

LOL Daisy....

I am sort of in the minority on this forum but I actually really liked the flapjacks...it took a couple but honestly lightly toasted (the coconut was my fav) and it was so nice to chew instead of drinking all the time. I travel a bit with my work and organising shakes was a total pain....so have a flap jack, coffee and a glass of water was just great!! Try one!! You might surprise yourself!!

ROFL.....when have you been eating carpet!!! LOL.....although I agree LT could do with sorting out how they look....he he he

In the words of Janice.... Oh My Gawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwd...

Im trying to eat a peanut one right now. I figured if i started with this having read that they were bad, then the shakes would be delicious in comparison..

I know it says in the info pack that the foods are not meant to taste 'moreish'... but seriously, dog turd would be more er moreish than this....

I have developed a technique where it remains stuffed in my cheek and i chew it till it can be swallowed and it barely touches my tongue, thus minimising the shocking, indescribably awful flavour...

I might be sick yet though!

On the plus side.. i was feeling really hungry and I most certainly am NOT now!

i tried my first peanut flapjack today and it was ok but i cant say i liked them. lets just say they look very similar to hardboard and probably taste similar too!! one a week is all im gonna do ..if at all. only good thing is that i expected them to be very dry and they arent, there sort of moist but also smelt a bit odd!

h x

I thought they smelled like an ashtray.... and once it dawned on me that they did I couldnt finish mine today.

Back