FLAVOURED BOATERS COFFEE - NO!

Miss_Bettany

They are NOT allowed on LL at all...see the C&P from my LL counsellors email below, and I rang the medical team at HO myself to check.

water from tea and coffee is now counted but not the flavoured coffees it is a rumour and not endorsed by medical at all who have been very busy saying just this this morning! ! Not good re ketosis but also far too nice for abstinence !

Hi Miss Bettany....

Thank you for clarifying this.... My LLC did say this to me on Monday........... but thank you for double checking it for me.... I wont be getting them now then...

Not allowed on CD either somehow they seemed to slip in (unofficially) but they can have disasterous effects on keeping to the plans as they can make you really hungry.

I wondered, and was hesitant to buy them.

The no sugar aspect, to me didn;t seem iportant. It seemed there would have to have been something in the flavouring compounds, to get the flavours, that would affect ketosis.

I reckon when one of the LLCs called them and determined it was safe to have, that the person at the other end in the shop did not fully understand what LL was looking for.

Shame....they sounded nice and I thought would have made lovely shakes with the vanilla and chocolate. Oh well.

At least I can have Ice Tea now!

so why was i told the complete opposit? My Counciller produced a written letter from head office stating that they was ok?!?!?!
xx

My CDC said the same Kellie, in fact she told me she drank them all the time!

Mind, we can both drink diet coke without coming out of ketosis and it doesnt make us hungry.

It aint all that bad though cos they smell a hell of a lot nicer than they taste in reality!!

My CDC said the same Kellie, in fact she told me she drank them all the time!

Mind, we can both drink diet coke without coming out of ketosis and it doesnt make us hungry.

It aint all that bad though cos they smell a hell of a lot nicer than they taste in reality!!

Some CDC's may say this same as other drinks, however, they have not been approved and can and do affect a lot of people.

The final decision of course sits with each of you. If you are going down this route wait until week three then see how it affects you.

What you can have on CD are a bit like urban myths someone says you can and off we go:rolleyes:

Kellie=];475606 said:
so why was i told the complete opposit? My Counciller produced a written letter from head office stating that they was ok?!?!?!
xx

Well i must admit I am thinkig they have said no because they are too nice rather than there being any detrimental effect! LL HO seem to be in a pickle at the mo.

its really annoying!! iv been drinking them since saturday and im still well and truly in Ketosis. So im sticking with =]
x

I can remember Anne (westhills) from this forum who lost around 11 stone (can't remember exact amount) drank these all the time. Actually where is she now havn't seen her around in ages.

exactly. Im annoyed that they can contradict themselves like that! but am sure that they are doing me no harm! hehe x

Kellie=];475630 said:
its really annoying!! iv been drinking them since saturday and im still well and truly in Ketosis. So im sticking with =]
x

Just keep an eye on your weightloss and watch for signs of hunger, you may not necessarily come out of ketosis but may retain water and have a slower loss.

We are all different some can drink other things without any effect others suffer.

You could be one of the lucky ones.

Some CDC's may say this same as other drinks, however, they have not been approved and can and do affect a lot of people.

The final decision of course sits with each of you. If you are going down this route wait until week three then see how it affects you.

What you can have on CD are a bit like urban myths someone says you can and off we go:rolleyes:

Hehe, like a chinese whisper eh.

Will someone start one about a twix king size please cos i'm desperate!

Any time i "try something new" on cd i always wait till evening, then do a stick test the morning after. If its pink - i'll do it in moderation. It's hell knowing i can have diet coke personally, but i only ever have 330mls PER WEEK! i think if i drank a litre a day ketosis would be a figment of my imagination!!!

Thanks Linda xxx

OMG NOOOOOOO!!!! My LLC said they were ok! I'll be devastated if this effects my loss!!!!

Just to confuse things further, I asked my LLC about flavoured coffee and apparently although it's physically fine they discourage you having it as they think that having too many flavours will make you more likely to break the diet.

I use the Whittards flavoured instant coffees (2 tsp in my morning pack) and it's fine.

Just to confuse things further, I asked my LLC about flavoured coffee and apparently although it's physically fine they discourage you having it as they think that having too many flavours will make you more likely to break the diet.

I use the Whittards flavoured instant coffees (2 tsp in my morning pack) and it's fine.

Its the flavourings that can make it harder for you when you are on abstinence/sole source and can lead to eating.

Back