Flaxseed bread.

Discussion in 'Low Carb Diets' started by gladysrocker, 22 July 2008.

1. gladysrocker

gladysrocker Active Member

Could anyone tell me what flaxseed bread should look like please?
    I,ve just followed the recipe and its just come out of the oven, but it doesnt look like any bread I've ever seen!!
    Its only about an inch thick, is this right.
    I sure hope it tastes better than it looks!
  2. Tazzi

Tazzi is Special :P

Lol its actually quite nice lol.......But it doesnt brown at all........it doesnt really look like bread youre right. I used to make flaxseed biscuits which were lovely.
  3. gladysrocker

I'd kill for a biscuit right now! Don't suppose you have a recipe do you?
    Also just to check, am I using the right linseeds with the golden ones? I was suprised at how expensive they were.
  4. Tazzi

Yes i do......I used to eat them on sureslim as part of the seed allowance you have to eat.....they were a chore on their own but really yummy together.....two ticks.
  5. Tazzi

Right ok... I cant remember the exact recipe.........ill have to post it tomorrow. Im at work at the moment so ill have to did out hte old recipe.......message me tomorrow if i forget. X
  6. gladysrocker

Thats great Taz thanks.
  7. ditzeeblonde

ditzeeblonde Call me Linzi...

Hi Gladysrocker

I made flaxseed bread didn't use linseeds used flaxseeds from sainsburys & mine only came out about an inch thick too... was lovely with cream cheese & prawns on it!

Have you tried the flaxseed muffin that buffydog posted... thats mush deeper & not as dense if your looking for something more 'bread' like?

8. Tazzi

Sorry its taken me so long......

K the apple biscuit recipie (not mine btw it was created by someone on the Sureslim forum)

1 apple
    1 ryvita
    3 teaspoons of sesame seeds
    3 teaspoons of pumpkin seeds
    2 teaspoons of sunflower seeds
    2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed
    dash of diet coke
    mixed spice

Basically i mix all of the ingredients together and blend using a hand blender.When the ingredients are a wet-ish texture roll into balls and place on a greased baking tray. Flatten so they are about 5 mm thick. The thicker they are the softer they will be. Sprinkle with sweetner.
    Place in the oven at 180degrees Celcius for 15 minutes (they dont brown) Turn over and cook for another 5 minutes. Allow to sit for another 5 minutes and then EAT!