Flippy's food diary

Oh dear, this is why I hate not eating at home for lunch. Came home and was really hungy so had a pack of super noodles (free on green so I'll switch to a green day), then ate a ripple (9), all OK until I ate a second ripple, so up to 20 syns. Really enjoyed the first one and so wanted another but after one bite of the next I knew I'd had too much but couldn't just put it down, had to finish it, very annoyed with myself.

Going to have fried eggs (1), chips (2) and beans for dinner. I know it's an extra 3 syns but can't think of anything free to eat that I fancy. The chicken breasts I got out of the freezer defrosted too quickly and were on the warm side when I got home and don't want to risk eating them.

May have a hot choc later (hexa and 1.5 syns) if I fancy it. That'll bring syns to 24.5.

Going to stay with a friend tomorrow for a couple of nights so not sure how easy food optimising is going to be. Planning on taking a fruit salad, yogurts and oats so I can have the same breakfast, nothing else except a fried breakfast fills me up.

Must admit, I'm nit fussed about ripples - I like cadburys, so that would be a flake, but wouldn't bother with any galaxy stuff ( I think they make ripples)

Ah well, a few over isn't the end of the world, and you were probably already thinking. ' off plan' as you're away

Taking brekkie is a good idea

Have a fantastic few days

Hmmm, have been mostly good whilst away, except for the millionaire shortbread bites and crisps last night, after I'd already had a galaxy as my syns for the day as was feeling crap. Also came home this morning and had 4 jaffa cakes, pack of quavers and 4 finger kitkat, plus had spread on my bread. Didn't sleep much Friday night as my son was ill and I was sharing a room with him and he was waking up about every hour.

Meals for today have been OK

Breakfast
Fruit, yogurt and oats (hexb).

Lunch
Four vegetable soup with bread (hexb and syns for spread).

Debating what to have for dinner, hubby bought some burgers earlier so could have those with chips and beans (no idea of syns for shop bought burgers). Or I could be good and have jacjet, beans and cheese. TBH probably just have the burgers and start over tomorrow...

When I'm having a bad day I switch from trying to take it one day at a time to one meal at a time.

If you've gone over your syns, make a sw choice for tea and then you'll be back on plan even if it is only a small victory!

Jaq said:
When I'm having a bad day I switch from trying to take it one day at a time to one meal at a time.

If you've gone over your syns, make a sw choice for tea and then you'll be back on plan even if it is only a small victory!

Thanks, too late! Ended up with bought burgers, stilton and bacon with chips and beans. WI tomorrow morning and I'll start again then, 100% for next week.

Just had hardly any sleep and that's never good for healthy eating!

Well WI at 10st7 meaning a loss of 2 and 3/4 lb. Very confused! Can only guess that the extras I ate over the weekend won't show up for another few days. But I think that's the most I have lost in a week, normally I average about 1lb a week.

Brings me to my 1st target, going to amend to 10st, although I may look ridiculously skinny at 10st so nay stop somewhere along the way if I don start looking too thin. Still have fat around my middle though which I want to go!

Well having such a big loss has really encouraged me to get back on plan and be 100% this week. If I can just maintain that loss this week, with the weekend's extras catching up, then I'll be happy!

Monday

Breakfast
Porridge (hexa, hexb and 2 syns) with cinnamon and grated apple. Feeling like I need something warming now that it's getting colder, just hoping it fills me up as much as fruit, yogurt and oats did. If not guess I could always have a yogurt and extra fruit with it.
Tea (1).

Lunch will be
Roasted butternut squash soup with parmesan (part hexa).

Dinner will be
Jacket potato with spread (3), beans and cheese (hexb).

Last edited:
Sat in the car outside my house as my son is asleep, recently decided he doesn't need his afternoon nap, except he does!

Going out for a curry this evening, tyin! Haven't decided yet whether to be good, or just have what I fancy! The way I'm feeling now I'll be having what I fancy!

Food so far today, green.

Breakfast
Porridge (a, b and 2) with grated apple and cinnamon.
Tea (1).

Lunch
Pasta with sauce and cheese (a).

Back