Food Diary - Kate1978, feel free to help if values wrong, all help appreciated :)

Just finished dinner, burgers and chips with salsa and salad, all free and all yummy. My OH is loving all the dishes I'm cooking :) x

Breakfast and morning snacks for today.
2 Muller Lights - Free
Box of grapes - Free (picked at from my desk during the morning)
1 nectarine

Not sure on lunch yet, and I am saving my HEXB and HEXA for later. As I am weighing in tomorrow I intend to have a 100% syn free day today, dinner we are having pork and potatoes with a shed load of veg for me.

Her's hoping for a result for tomorrow :)

lunch ended up being a mugshot and a small pack of ham, an apple and a nectarine. I also have a couple of apples on my desk to nibble this afternoon if I get peckish. Starting to get excited about tomorrow, if I havent lost I am going to be seriously gutted! I might not of been a complete angel as I dont always manage the 3rd of the plate thing but I have been good.

Well I weighed myself this morning and I was both ecstatic and slightly hacked off too! I lost another 2.5lbs but typically its that time of the month which means I havent lost as much as I thought. So I am pleased with the loss but a wee bit disappointed it wasnt as much as I had hoped. That being said, I should have a nice loss next week! I hope!

So Breakfast was grapes, cherries and a nectarine, I've had my HEXB with my 2 alpen light bars, for lunch I had plain rice with a chicken stock cube, chicken breast and a muller light yoghurt and through the afternoon I've had a couple of apples and a nectarine. Today is going well so far, lots of super free foods.

Tonight I am planning smothered chicken with potatoes and veg OR pork with potatoes and veg. My other half is working away this weekend so I am on my own tonight.

The only problem I may have is that my best mate is coming up tomorrow evening and I reckon I will use my entire weekly syn pot on one night....... oh well, I havent seen him in a while! x

Had neither of my planned ones below. Ended up with diced pork, peppers, loads of mushrooms and a little rice, really tasty x

Well I fell off the wagon royally at the weekend!! Saturday through the day, I was fine, no bother, then my best mate came up and we went to the pub, ended up having MacDonalds and a shed load too much booze! Add to that Bacon rolls yesterday and I think I have used all my weekly syns in the space of a few hours!!!!

However, I knew I would have odd times like this so I have picked myself back up and started again fresh today, it was only one night boozing and a couple of bacon rolls after all.

Today I have had a few plums through the course of the day, rice with a chicken stock cube and some ham, a muller light yoghurt and 2 alpen lights. We're having chilli tonight so all syn free and good. I need to be angelic for the rest of this week if I am to lose anything at all. Here's hoping. :)

Hey Kate

I thought I would stop by and say hello. You seem to be doing really well and also really motivated. I must say your avatar pic is gorgeous!

I like your attitude about your naughty weekend. This is a longterm healthy eating plan but you need to let your food/drink hair down every so often and not feel too bad about it. The trick is - which has taken me a million times to overcome - not to let your bad day/weekend/meal bleed into the next day/weekend/meal and the next etc etc. Nip the days off plan in the bud, which you have done.

Good luck at next weigh in lovey.

Ps you may have convinced me to try the dry smash - like Vickie, I too had a bad Smash experience - as the song goes 'aint nothing like the real thing baby'

X

Hi Charley, thanks for coming to say hello and your lovely comments, you made me blush :)
I'm doing fine, don't see the point in giving up for 1 nights debauchery lol.
You have to try the smash chicken, I hate smash but it was soooo good! Xx

Havent been on for a couple of days but I can honestly say I have been angelic, no syns consummed at all for the past few days and its weigh in tomorrow. I'm hoping for a couple of lbs to come off so that I can get my first mini target, fingers crossed

7th June 2012
Thursday Lunch
3 Slices Ham - Free
Cherry Tomatoes - Free
Cucumber - Free
Muller Light Strawberry - Free

Thursday night dinner
Spicy Potato Wedges (home made) Free
Lean steak - Free
Baked Beans - Free
Half a can of Carling Lager - 4.5 (I know its 8.5 syns for 1 can so I kinda halved that and added a bit for safety)

HEXA - 6 laughing cow extra light triangles
HEXB - 2 slices Brown bread

Total Syns used today 4.5

8th June 2012
Friday Breakfast
Muller Light Strawberry - Free

Friday Lunch
Super Speed SW Soup - Free
Muller Light Cherry - Free

Friday Dinner - not eaten yet but planned
Homemade Chilli with rice - Free
Side order Peppers and mushrooms - Free

HEXA - Cup of Skimmed milk
HEXB - 2 Alpine light summer fruit

Will probably have a couple of beers tonight, it is Friday after all but I have some Syns spare from last night.

Syns used today 17 (todays 10 plus 5.5 from yesterday unused and a couple from tomorrow)

hi, do you have the ingredients and method on how you make spicy wedges? could just eat these right now :gimi:

Hi Chelsea,

All I do is slice up potatoes into wedges, Par Boil for about five - seven minutes, let them sit for about 5 minutes then shake them up in the pan to rough up the edges. I chuck them on a tray, spray with frylight and then add spices. You can add whatever you like but I use paprika, mixed herbs, a little garlic, a (very little) rock salt and some pepper. Just add what you like.

The last time I did them, I also used smash flakes, now it might sound minging but having had major success with the smash chicken (you do not taste the smash at all) it give them an even crisper finish.

I usually bake them at around 200oC for about 20 minutes or until nice and golden brown, tossing them a couple of times in between

Let me know how you get on, they are yummy :eating:

Hi Chelsea,

All I do is slice up potatoes into wedges, Par Boil for about five - seven minutes, let them sit for about 5 minutes then shake them up in the pan to rough up the edges. I chuck them on a tray, spray with frylight and then add spices. You can add whatever you like but I use paprika, mixed herbs, a little garlic, a (very little) rock salt and some pepper. Just add what you like.

The last time I did them, I also used smash flakes, now it might sound minging but having had major success with the smash chicken (you do not taste the smash at all) it give them an even crisper finish.

I usually bake them at around 200oC for about 20 minutes or until nice and golden brown, tossing them a couple of times in between

Let me know how you get on, they are yummy :eating:

ohh lovely, thank you very much. I've just seen a recipe for chicken goujons so i'm thinking for lunch one day chicken goujons, spicy wedges and a nice cold salad on the side, making my mouth water! thank you :D

Back