Food Diary - Keeping Me On Track! :)

Red Day

Breakfast:
35g Shredded Wheat Fruitful (HexB)
Skimmed Milk (1/2 HexA : 375mls allowance, 150mls used)

Lunch:
Salad (cucumber, lettuce, peppers)
Prawns
Cheese (28g - HexA)
Boiled Egg

Dinner:
Burger (Extra Lean Mince, onions, worcester sauce)
Wholemeal Roll (HexB)
14g cheese (1/2 Hex A)
Bacon - No fat
Salad/Veg - not decided on this bit yet!
Ketchup - 1tbsp = 1 syn

Totally missed out yesterday, oops! Had a Red day though.

Today has been random:

Shredded Wheat Fruitful & Skimmed Milk (HexA&B) - Breakfast

MugShot & Strawberries - Lunch

Am having a chinese for dinner, not sure on the syns for it though. I usually have crispy chilli beef and veg chow mein, dont tend to have rice as i'm not a big fan of it really. If anyone can help me on the syns until i get home and look in my book that'd be great :)

hi, im not really a rice fan either would rather have more veg :D
what are mug shots like? are they just like pasta and sauce but a cup amount ive been thinking of getting them for work? do you just put boiling water over them? xx

The mugshot was ok but not really that great. Not sure I'll have it again.

Yesterday I had a cheese burger & mozzarella things from McDonald's then went to harvester and had chicken and bacon stack with chips and corn on the cob. Then an ice cream sundae. Yummy and well worth all the syns used!

Today my bf is very hungover and we need to go shopping. Had a bacon baguette for breakfast with mushrooms, syn the bread, then I've eaten the head of a Lindt bear. Yummy! Going to stop eating badly now and opt for a healthy dinner, not sure what yet.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Been unwell for a couple of days so haven't updated here. Today's meals are a bit all over the place because i haven't been hungry but I'll note it down anyway:

B - shredded wheat fruitful and semi skimmed milk (hexA and hexB)
ate at 10.30 so probably won't eat lunch now!

D - homemade lasagne [extra lean beef, tesco white sauce (6syns for quarter jar), pasta sheets, passata, onions, peppers, grated carrot, courgettes, 25g grated low fat cheddar (3.5 syns)]

Total syns - 9.5

Last edited:
After feeling ok all day yesterday the sickness bug came to a head last night & I was so ill :( don't think I've felt like this in a long time - stomach cramps, sickness, dodgy tummy, dizziness & coming over hot. Am going to try and starve myself for today because it seems eating only fuels it and makes it more painful. I don't even feel hungry and haven't since Sunday so I'm going to listen to my body & just keep my water intake up.

Well i had a whole 13 days off plan and managed to gain 3lbs at last weigh in on 29th Dec! Have been sort of back on plan for the last 2 days, at least in terms of meals anyway. Sill struggling with the amound of naughty chocolates sitting around at work - its so easy to just have one, or two, or three and before you know if you've scoffed 20 syns worth! Am weighing on Saturday, am crossing my fingers for a STS because of the 4 days off plan this week which involved lots of alcohol and naughty food because it was new year.

Todays food:

B - Weetabix & Skimmed Milk (HexA&B)
L - 35g Wholemeal Pasta (HexB), lean meatballs (home made), tomato and chilli sauce (homemade) with onions, peppers and mushrooms.
D - Chicken and Salad (lettuce, cucumber, pepper)

Weighed in on Saturday and STS last week, i think if i had weighed after new year it would have shown a larger gain than 3lbs over Christmas but thankfully some exercise and better meal choices helped that number to stay as it was!
Back on plan today, i have 10 weeks until my birthday and want to lose at least another stone by then. 1.4lbs a week is do-able i think :)

RED DAY

Breakfast - 35g Sultana Bran (HexB) & 200ml skimmed milk (HexA - still 175ml to use)
Snack - Banana
Lunch - Homemade Tomato Soup (Syn Free) & 1 slice wholemeal bread (HexB) & small amount of cheese (HexA)
Snack - Small Orange
Dinner - Salmon Fillet with Sweet Chilli Sauce (1tbsp = 2 syns) & Salad (Lettuce, Cucumber, Peppers, Onion)

Last edited:
Well done! 1.4lbs definitely sounds doable :) I am so jealous of your dinner, I am craving salmon with sweet chilli sauce so much haha! x

Today i'm full of cold, bleurgh. Didn't feel up to creating a magnificent lunch today so just grabbed a pasta packet from the cupboard.

GREEN DAY

Breakfast - 35G Sultana Bran (HexB) and 200ml skimmed milk (HexA) and a nectarine

Lunch - Tomato and Meditteanean High Veg Pasta 'n' Sauce (FREE) and 120ml skimmed milk (Hex A) 28g cheddar (Hex B)

Dinner - Boiled potato (1 medium) and veg (carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, spinach), LM Sausages x2 (4 syns)

Last edited:
I had a look at the scales this morning, I know I shouldn't but I do, and it said only 0.5lb loss. Bit miffed at that, thankfully I have another 3 days until weigh in because I would quite like a 1-2lb loss please! Anyway, plan for today's food.

RED DAY:

Breakfast- Not feeling 100% this morning with my cold so having lots of fluids & a nectarine.

Lunch- 2 egg omlette with ham, onion, pepper, 28g cheese (hexA) cooked in olive oil (1tbs hexB) & salad of cucumber, lettuce, pepper

Dinner- homemade burger made with extra lean mince, diced onion, chilli powder & stuffed with cheese (hexA), with 1x wm roll (60g hexB) & salad of cucumber, lettuce, pepper & pickled onion

Exercise- walked 5.26miles

Will edit this later and record my liquid intake :)

Last edited:
I had a look at the scales this morning, I know I shouldn't but I do, and it said only 0.5lb loss. Bit miffed at that, thankfully I have another 3 days until weigh in because I would quite like a 1-2lb loss please! Anyway, plan for today's food.

RED DAY:

Breakfast- Not feeling 100% this morning with my cold so having lots of fluids & a nectarine.

Lunch- 2 egg omlette with ham, onion, pepper, 28g cheese (hexA) cooked in olive oil (1tbs hexB) & salad of cucumber, lettuce, pepper

Dinner- homemade burger made with extra lean mince, diced onion, chilli powder & stuffed with cheese (hexA), with 1x wm roll (60g hexB) & salad of cucumber, lettuce, pepper & pickled onion

Will edit this later and record my liquid intake :)

...dont mind me while I drooooool over the sound of the burger..... :)

Day 4 back on plan. This cold is really making me not fancy eating.

Breakfast - sultana bran and skimmed milk (hex b and half hex a)

Lunch - 5 strawberries and large handful raspberries with a strawberry activia snack pot (0 syns)
Didn't want to eat anything else :( I hate not tasting my food!

Dinner - chicken breast in a passata sauce (herbs, garlic, chilli added) with courgette, mushroom, onion, pepper & carrot. 35g whole meal pasta (hex b) and cheese (hex a)

Last edited:
Day 5 (yesterday)

Breakfast- sultana bran and skimmed milk (hex a&b)

Lunch- chicken breast in spicy passata sauce with mushrooms, onions, pepper, courgette with cheese (hex a)
Activia strawberry snack pot
4 strawberries and handful raspberries

Dinner- 300g Covent garden plum tomato and basil soup (hex b)

Back