Food Diary - Keeping Me On Track! :)

Sounds like you're being really positive Hun and all the things you laid out after the weekend are really realistic and achievable!
What day of the 30ds are you on?! I started with day one yesterday and am feeling it this morning!
Xx

Am on day two today, woke up this morning really aching and was tempted to miss today's but I pushed through it and I was fine. Ache ten times more now though haha x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

New dress bought today - size 14 from new look :) very pleased & even though I know in jeans I'm still a 16 it does make me happy to know that I'm in a 14 in some clothes now. A 14? Who'd have thought it when a year ago I was wearing size 20 work trousers!

Attachments

• image-3558441620.jpg
    image-3558441620.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 41
Tonight's dinner - philli cider pork, 1.25syns & 1/3 Hex A

Not too bad but needs cooking for longer as pork was a bit tough. Might even work in a slow cooker :)

Attachments

• image-666691392.jpg
    image-666691392.jpg
    513.7 KB · Views: 38
Am on day two today, woke up this morning really aching and was tempted to miss today's but I pushed through it and I was fine. Ache ten times more now though haha x

Woo go you! I know what you mean about the aching! Also, on the cool down I can't believe how inflexible I am...can barely stretch over the touch my calves, never mind my toes!!

LOVE the dress by the way! Looking good! Is it for anything special or just ready and waiting for a night out?! Xx

Woo go you! I know what you mean about the aching! Also, on the cool down I can't believe how inflexible I am...can barely stretch over the touch my calves, never mind my toes!!

LOVE the dress by the way! Looking good! Is it for anything special or just ready and waiting for a night out?! Xx

I needed a little black dress anyway but i'm going to wear it on a night out this Friday :)

Breakfast:
35g shredded wheat fruitful - Hex B
100ml skimmed milk - 1/3 Hex A

Lunch:
6 ryvita crispbreads - Hex B
75g sweet chilli light philadelphia - Hex A
Salad (cucumber, lettuce, peppers)
Nectarine
Banana

Dinner:
????

Really don't know what to do about dinner tonight, i'm babysitting from 7.30pm tonight as a last minute thing and don't finish work until 7pm so have no time to prepare anything. I could eat with the kids at work, chicken curry which is made from tinned tomatoes, spices and chicken (with rice which i wouldnt have) or i could have a pasta 'n' sauce and make it a green day. My dilemma is that i dont like to eat carbs at night, it bloats me :( oh what to do!

Had to weigh in this morning because I'm going out tonight with my besties to celebrate the end of the Dryathlon we did for Cancer Research throughout January (I raised £135!), so i know if i weighed in tomorrow morning it wouldnt be truthful because of dehydration etc after copious amounts of alcohol! Anyway, so this morning showed.......

2lbs LOSS :D

Very happy with that, went back to not using my syns in the week and did 2 days of 30 day shred (couldn't do anymore than that, was in too much pain!) and i think the mix of this has helped with my loss. Now 12st 1lb so hoping that with some more shred next week I might just break into the 11st bracket! Unbelievable, totally surreal.

Trying to stay on plan for the majority of the day, breakfast and lunch at least, but for dinner we're getting a take out pizza and then my alcohol will well and truly take me over the weekly syns but i don't care because i deserve it after being dry for January!

Breakfast:
35g shredded wheat fruitful - Hex B
100ml skimmed milk - 1/3 Hex A

Lunch:
1x chicken breast
Salad (cucumber & pepper)
2x Babybel Light - 2/3 Hex A

Dinner:
PIZZA - YAY

Had a weekend off plan. Friday night I had a McDonald's which i really enjoyed since I've not had one for a couple of months. Then went out for the evening and drank about 6 glasses of wine and maybe 3 shots....anyway I ended up home by 12.30 and being very ill. Not a good look!
Yesterday I had a bacon roll and then we ordered a Chinese for dinner as I could be bothered to cook. I also ate some ice cream and chocolate!
Today's been better, a whole meal roll with some SW soup and then tonight's dinner is SW friendly as its chicken, bacon and leek in a light philli sauce topped with potato. Have also had some chocolate today, oops!
Totally back on plan tomorrow though :) and I weighed myself this morning and hasn't gained since Friday, even with the copious amounts of bad food and drink!

Red Day

Breakfast:
Shredded Wheat Fruitul - Hex B
100ml Skimmmed Milk - 1/3 Hex A

Lunch:
Pizza Hut - someone's birthday at work! Felt like I couldn't resist, I've done really well and it's my favourite food! Not synning it, I'm just going to enjoy it and draw a line under it.

Dinner:
300g convent garden plum tomato and basil soup - Hex B

Last edited:
Decided on a EXTRA EASY day today.

Breakfast-
None

Lunch-
Pasta & Sauce with salad (all free)
Pineapple

Dinner-
Slow cooked roast beef
Spring greens, cauliflower, carrots & parsnip
2 roasted small potatoes in 1tbsp olive oil - HexB
Gravy - will syn this later

Exercise-
30 day shred
20 minute walk

Also still need a HexA

I've got the Philadelphia app on my iPhone & I've been wanting to make these blueberry 'cheesecakes' for ages and today I've decided to give them a go. Well I say I'm giving it a go, I'm actually making strawberry versions with sweetener not sugar as it tells you to, simply because I wanted it to be as low syns as possible!

Ingredients are:
200g light phili
5 heaped dessert spoons sweetener
2eggs lightly beaten
3tsp strawberry jam (1.5 syns)

Mix phili & sweetner together then add egg gradually. Spoon jam on before putting mixture in the oven.
Recipe suggests using muffin tray/cases to make individual cakes but I didn't have one so just used a normal tin.
Cook at 190c for 30mins then leave to cool in the oven.

If using Phili Light as HexA the recipe is 0.5 syns for a third of the cake - it is pretty small so a third isn't a bad sized amount :)

EDIT - just added a picture of it. It's only about 1cm deep, I imagine in muffins it would rise to maybe double that. Taste test later once it's cooled.

Attachments

• image-1363102025.jpg
    image-1363102025.jpg
    552 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
This week has been a nightmare! It's the week before totm which is always my week where I crave sweet stuff & I've just ended up giving in. My meals have been fine its just been the snacking in between. Anyway I weighed last Friday as I was going out that night & I've decided now to keep my weigh day as a Friday for now. Anyway I stepped into the scales this morning expecting a gain after my binging thing week and....I've LOST 1/2 lb. Normally I'd be miffed at such a little amount but this week I'm ecstatic because I thought for sure I had gained. So now I'm 1lb off my 2 stone loss and also 1lb off being in the 11's! It will be totm next week though so we shall see if I can achieve it, I will have time to shred at least twice though so fingers crossed!

Totally fed up with myself. Need to get back on track & stop with the excuses.

Breakfast-
2 x weetabix
100ml skimmed milk (HexA - other 200ml used in tea through the day)

Lunch-
Prawns
Salad (lettuce, cucumber, peppers, pickled onion)

Dinner-
Sirloin steak
Cabbage
Spinach

Last edited:
Well yesterday went really well, proud of myself for pushing through the chocolate cravings!

Today is pancake day - argh! My excuse for not making pancakes is that my frying pan needs replacing as the non stick is now 'sticky' so ruins anything like pancakes/eggs. However my OH really wants pancakes so I will just have to buy him the ready made ones. Luckily they don't really appeal to me.

Breakfast-
Banana
Tea (using 1/2 hexA through day for milk for tea)

Lunch-
1 slice 800g whole meal bread (HexB)
Tomato purée/passata
30g cheddar (HexA)
Ham
Salad (lettuce, cucumber, peppers)

Dinner-
Chicken breast stuffed with 40g sweet chilli philli (1/2 HexA) wrapped in bacon
Roasted Veg (carrot, onion, pepper, courgette) in olive oil (HexB)

Hi tonianne!

How you getting on?! Xx

I'm on & off plan more and more! Although since Sunday I've been back on plan and am feeling like I did back in September when I started so hopefully that'll be it for messing around now!
Hope you're doing well, I'm rubbish at catching up with everyone so I apologise!

Yesterday was a GREEN day.

B-sultana bran and skimmed milk
L-pasta n sauce & salad
D-pasta with roasted veg in light philli sauce

(2 hexA and 2 hexB used)

0 syns

Today is a RED day.

B - activita strawberry snack pot (0 syns) & 1 cherry bakewell Alpen light (1/2 HexB)

L - chicken breast, 1 egg, 2 light babybel (2/3 HexA) and salad

D - homemade burger with 1 light babybel (1/3 HexaA) 1 bacon medallion and 60g wholemeal bun (HexB) & salad

Snack - choc fudge Alpen light (1/2 HexB)

Syns: 2 - highlights hot choc fudge flavour

Exercise: level 1 of 30 day shred

Last edited:
Back