Food Diary - Keeping Me On Track! :)

Today is my off plan day when I can use my remaining syns from the week and be a little more lenient on myself!

Woke up late & went for a walk so didn't have breakfast. Went out for lunch and had grilled chicken skeweres with sweet chilli sauce, grilled peppers, onion and mushroom then a handful of chips (approx 20?) and 3 onion rings. Was lush :)

So full I'm not sure I'll even eat anything else tonight! Hope you're all having a good weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Breakfast- sultana bran & skimmed milk (hex a&b)

Lunch- homemade meatballs in passata with chilli, garlic, onion, courgette, mushroom and pepper with salad (just lettuce & tomato)

Dinner- sweet chilli salmon (4syns) and mixed veg

After a little break, ok i never really got back on it after christmas, i am back on track! Don't even fancy being 'naughty' now, think I have got it all out of my system. I'm just eager to start losing again, nothing more disheartening that ruining all my hard work before christmas.

Breakfast at 10am:
2 x scrambled eggs
75g baked beans (half hexB)
1 slice wm bread (hexB)
satsuma

2.30pm "lunch":
2 x ryvita (half hexB)
35g philadelphia light

Dinner:
Carrots, cauliflower and broccoli steamed
Chicken breast, tomato purée, cheese (hexA), mushrooms, peppers and onions (chicken pizza)
1tbs sweet chill sauce

Daily syns used:
1tbs sweet chilli sauce - 2

Weekly syns used - 2/90

Last edited:
Day 2 meal plan :)

Breakfast:
2x weetabix (hexB) & semi skimmed milk (hexA) with raspberries and blueberries

Lunch:
1x chicken breast & salad (cucumber, lettuce, pepper) 300g Covent Garden tomato & basil soup (hexB) with a banana

Dinner:
Oven baked Salmon topped with Philadelphia light (hexA) and herbs
Steamed vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots & leek)

Daily syns used:
Cadbury Highlights - 2 syns
Cadbury egg & spoon - 10 syns (so very worth it!)

Weekly syns used - 14/90

Last edited:
Hi tonianne!

Sounds like you're 100% back on track! :)

Salmon for dinner sounds yum! Good luck!
Xxx

Totally :) I obviously needed a month off (omg it was a month!!) to realise what an achievement I made last year and to motivate me to continue this year.

Totally :) I obviously needed a month off (omg it was a month!!) to realise what an achievement I made last year and to motivate me to continue this year.

I basically did exactly the same thing but I had even longer off plan! So glad you're back on it with us now :) x

I basically did exactly the same thing but I had even longer off plan! So glad you're back on it with us now :) x

I really missed everyone on here, I felt worse thinking I hadn't been chatting to everyone more than anything else! Just popped out to see if my local Londis had any options hot choc, they had Cadbury highlights which are 2syns per sachet so I got those instead. Should help any chocolate cravings! :)

Breakfast: 2x weetabix (hexB) & skimmed milk (hexA) with raspberries

Lunch: 300g Covent Garden tomato & basil soup (hexB) with a banana

Dinner: extra lean beef mince, Worcester sauce and onions to make home made burger stuffed with cheddar (hexA) with roast vegetables in fry light

Daily syns used: meringue with fat free vanilla yoghurt mixed with Cadbury highlights - 4.5 syns total

Weekly syns used - 18.5/90

Last edited:
Breakfast: 2x weetabix (hexB) & skimmed milk (hexA) with raspberries & strawberries

Lunch: 300g Covent Garden tomato & basil soup (hexB) with a raspberries, strawberries and a nectarine

Dinner: extra lean beef mince, Worcester sauce and onions to make home made meatballs with stir fried veg and 2tbs sweet chilli sauce

Daily syns used:
SW chocolate pudding (egg&options) - 2 syns
Sweet chilli sauce - 4 syns
Mars ice cream - 5 syns
2 meringue nests - 5 syns
(Bit of a sweet binge tonight!)

Weekly syns used - 34.5/90

Last edited:
Hi tonianne!

Are the choc puddings nice?! Would you recommend them or do they taste a bit eggy?! I've read a bit about them on here and have some hot choc sachets I could use...but don't want to waste syns on something not that nice!!

Xxx

Hi tonianne!

Are the choc puddings nice?! Would you recommend them or do they taste a bit eggy?! I've read a bit about them on here and have some hot choc sachets I could use...but don't want to waste syns on something not that nice!!

Xxx

To me they don't taste eggy at all, but I made sure i used a medium egg as anything bigger is meant to make it taste eggy. The consistency is a bit like blamonge (however you spell it!), I just tipped it from the mug onto a plate and ate it like that. You can always make it & try a spoonful, if you don't like it don't eat it :) I used options Belgian choc flavour.

Well today I've eaten a bit of pizza and a scone...mmm. Going out for harvester dinner tonight, thinking I will go for a steak as I really fancy it.
Obviously not on plan today, I weighed this morning and lost 1.5lbs this week so am pretty happy with that but I don't think using my syns each day has helped me so I'm going back to using them on the weekend and will only use the odd few in the week. Only half a pound off pre Xmas weight so fingers crossed next week will see me in a totally new weight zone :) just wish it could have been before February but its only 2nd feb next Saturday so I won't worry too much.

Well done Toni-Anne :) Meant to say as well, love the new avatar, very pretty! :)

Had a really good think over the weekend and i've decided a few things.

* I need to eat less minced beef and more fish and white meat. Not sure if that will affect my losses but i always feel that its a heavier food and it sits heavier in my tummy. Also need to make my lunches a bit lighter, recently i've been having left over dinner for lunch which is fine but I think i could be over eating at times when its not necessary.

* I need to up my water intake, i'm terrible for making sure i drink and always have been. Will buy a large bottle of water and ensure i drink the whole thing, at least i know how much i will have drank.

* Also going to keep my syns for the weekend like i was doing last year. Last week when i tried using them daily i felt very out of control and i dont think it helped my state of mind. Obviously some days i will have to use a few syns (today i'm using 3) but i don't want to be going over 5.

* I started the 30 day shred again and realised i'd forgotten how much better i feel after doing it. Need to keep at it monday to friday and then i will let myself have the weekend off.

Right, onto today's food....

Breakfast:
35g shredded wheat fruitful - Hex B
175ml skimmed milk - 1/2 Hex A

Lunch:
Salad (cucumber, lettuce, peppers)
1 slice ham
1 egg
3 ryvita wholegrain crispbreads - 1/2 Hex B
35g philadelphia light - 1/2 Hex A
5tbs fat free vanilla yoghurt

Dinner:
1 x tesco light choices chicken breast in tomato and basil sauce (1 syn)

Syns:
Options Hot Chocolate - 2 syns
Tesco Light Choices Chicken with Tomato and Basil Sauce - 1 syn

Exercise:
30 Day Shred Level 1

Forgot I have a staff meeting after work at 7pm tonight which is why i'm having the tesco "ready meal" chicken as it'll be quick and easy to do when i get in at 8-8.30pm.

Last edited:
Breakfast:
35g shredded wheat fruitful - Hex B
100ml semi skimmed milk - 1/2 Hex A (just under)

Lunch:
6 ryvita crispbreads
1 egg
3 light babybels - Hex A

Dinner:
Philli Cider Pork (serves 4)
100g light philli (25g = 1/3 Hex A)
275ml cider (250ml = 4.5 syns / 4 = 1.25 syns)
Pork loin
Shallots
Sliced apple (I don't eat this but will use it to cook)
Mixed vegetables (carrot, cauliflower and broccoli)
Sage and seasoning

Syns:
1.25 from dinner
1 Branson pickle at lunch
2 highlight hot choc
3.5 Meringue nest, 1tsp highlights choc & ff vanilla yoghurt
= 7.75 syns

Exercise:
30 Day Shred Level 1

Last edited:
Sounds like you're being really positive Hun and all the things you laid out after the weekend are really realistic and achievable!
What day of the 30ds are you on?! I started with day one yesterday and am feeling it this morning!
Xx

Back