Food diary & Thursday weigh ins on simply filling

You really do make such healthy choices Sammi, I think it goes to show that SF changed your food mindset for the better! I love my Jalapeño too, in fact I just love anything spicy! X PS-Will another cake be made or was that just cos of OHs Birthday?x

i do most of the time but the old food devil is definately still lurking and pops up now and again, my OH bought in a huge bag of dry roasted peanuts from the camper the other day from where they had had them at festival, so i thought ill just have a teacup full as a treat, weighed them out then looked at calories 500+ so tipped them back in bag and got something healthier hahahah

my jalepeno & ham & ketchup sw with half a bag of baked crisps was lovely

im always baking and there is usually some sort of cake under the glass dome and not too bothered by them usually but that was extra nice

i tried to make a 'vitually free' cake last weekend using porridge oats ground up to 'flour' eggs, cocoa & choc philly & sweetener mmm it did rise and almost tasted ok but it was as heavy as a brick hahahha might need some tweaking i think ;)

i do most of the time but the old food devil is definately still lurking and pops up now and again, my OH bought in a huge bag of dry roasted peanuts from the camper the other day from where they had had them at festival, so i thought ill just have a teacup full as a treat, weighed them out then looked at calories 500+ so tipped them back in bag and got something healthier hahahah

my jalepeno & ham & ketchup sw with half a bag of baked crisps was lovely

im always baking and there is usually some sort of cake under the glass dome and not too bothered by them usually but that was extra nice

i tried to make a 'vitually free' cake last weekend using porridge oats ground up to 'flour' eggs, cocoa & choc philly & sweetener mmm it did rise and almost tasted ok but it was as heavy as a brick hahahha might need some tweaking i think ;)

Sounds as though it might of killed someone in the wrong hands ;-) I enjoy making the Fat Free Butterfly Cakes, haven't experimented further than Strawberry Jam or Lemon Curd yet lol x PS-Nuts are such a 'rip off' on WW, it's one thing which really annoys me with the plan! PPS-I love how your cakes get a cake dome, mine get put in an old Quality Street Tin or Ice Cream Tub lol x

PPS-I love how your cakes get a cake dome, mine get put in an old Quality Street Tin or Ice Cream Tub lol x

hahahaha well it was because mine were always in a plastic tub on the top in the kitchen and it looked horrible then i saw the lovely glass dome on a glass plate in a charity shop (£3.99think they are about £25 new) and it looks so lovely with a cake in it now on my top :)

well what started as a SF day has turned into a pp day (thats why i love this plan) because the meat i defrosted wasn't free.

so todays food:

fresh mango,apricot, ff greek yoghurt & a few oats on top (2)

ww bread sandwich of ham, ketchup & jalepenos (4)
1/2 bag of baked crisps (1)

baked crisps (3)

3 x lamb & pepper kebabs (7)
turkish rice (4)
roasted peppers
olive oil (1)

meant to take a pic but by time i remembered i had taken it off the skewers & had a forkful of rice so looked a bit messy ;) was very nice though, amazing dinner for 12pp

thats 22/26 pp 18/49wkls

hahahaha well it was because mine were always in a plastic tub on the top in the kitchen and it looked horrible then i saw the lovely glass dome on a glass plate in a charity shop (£3.99think they are about £25 new) and it looks so lovely with a cake in it now on my top :)

well what started as a SF day has turned into a pp day (thats why i love this plan) because the meat i defrosted wasn't free.

so todays food:

fresh mango,apricot, ff greek yoghurt & a few oats on top (2)

ww bread sandwich of ham, ketchup & jalepenos (4)
1/2 bag of baked crisps (1)

baked crisps (3)

3 x lamb & pepper kebabs (7)
turkish rice (4)
roasted peppers
olive oil (1)

meant to take a pic but by time i remembered i had taken it off the skewers & had a forkful of rice so looked a bit messy ;) was very nice though, amazing dinner for 12pp

thats 22/26 pp 18/49wkls

That sounds like my kind of vintage bargain ;-) I think it's fab that you can chop n change between SF and PP, much more convenient than SW! X

definately, that is the trouble with sw, it isnt flexible enough, it's ok if you are home 24/7 which i am mainly but even i struggled on it to go out etc and just grab a snack and i cook virtually from scratch all the time. saying that i did lose three stone on it but then i put it all back on once i stopped going, it doesn't really re-educate you that's the trouble x

definately, that is the trouble with sw, it isnt flexible enough, it's ok if you are home 24/7 which i am mainly but even i struggled on it to go out etc and just grab a snack and i cook virtually from scratch all the time. saying that i did lose three stone on it but then i put it all back on once i stopped going, it doesn't really re-educate you that's the trouble x

Sounds as though WW is for you :) I found SW impossible, I put on weight lol. I think I go out/away far too much to ever do SW lol x

Food sounds great. What goes into your Turkish rice? Sounds nice. I notice you cook quite a bit of Turkish food, is that from a family association or favourite holiday destination?

Yours and Serena's talk about pickled jalopenas clearly got to me - had to buy a jar today but unfortunately have left it at work :(

Food sounds great. What goes into your Turkish rice? Sounds nice. I notice you cook quite a bit of Turkish food, is that from a family association or favourite holiday destination?

Yours and Serena's talk about pickled jalopenas clearly got to me - had to buy a jar today but unfortunately have left it at work :(

Oh No :-( Did u go for Red, Yellow or Green Jalapeños? X

been going to turkey for 25yrs (not every single year ;) and i just love the food so have taught myself to cook alot of it & ask for recipes when im there but also cookbooks & google of course.
i used to buy the rice & Alpa Sehriye in turkey but we have a turkish shop in eastbourne now which sells it . The alpa sehriye is some sort of barley, you heat up some oil,i use olive oil and when heated, put a handful of arpa in the oil and cook gently til it turns golden brown then add the rice and water and cook as normal, so you end up with lovely glossy rice with a kind of nutty taste, im sure the turkish rice is different from our rice so i always use that, im not a huge fan of rice at all but i love this, i think you wld like it atomic x

i buy my jalepenos in the 'polish' section of asda as they are £1.89 for a huge jar and the 'discovery' one are that price for a tiny jar x
e peepe

decided to clear out my laundry room store of ebay stuff i have given up selling, and found rather large droppings, asked OH (coz i thought it may be a rat) to empty the baskets for me, eventually a big eyed big eared cute face appeared from behind a mirror and ran under washing machine. i guess hes been there a while as there was a lot of droppings, unlike me who had abandoned ebay corner long ago ! anyway i found he had bururried in to a cushion of ralphs in the soft filling inside a box, very cozy ! and clearly been living on ralphs dog food which is stored there, he was so cute,felt mean clearing out his bed etc hahahaha but he isnt housetrained so he has to go ! i need a humane trap to lure him out and release him in the fields near house, i think hes a doormouse, such a sweet little face too.

todays food:

porridge, blueberries & gs

2 x ww toast with choc philly & mashed banana (2)

jacket potato with lf sweet chilli philly, beans & lf cheese slices x 2 (3)

been going to turkey for 25yrs (not every single year ;) and i just love the food so have taught myself to cook alot of it & ask for recipes when im there but also cookbooks & google of course.
i used to buy the rice & Alpa Sehriye in turkey but we have a turkish shop in eastbourne now which sells it . The alpa sehriye is some sort of barley, you heat up some oil,i use olive oil and when heated, put a handful of arpa in the oil and cook gently til it turns golden brown then add the rice and water and cook as normal, so you end up with lovely glossy rice with a kind of nutty taste, im sure the turkish rice is different from our rice so i always use that, im not a huge fan of rice at all but i love this, i think you wld like it atomic x

i buy my jalepenos in the 'polish' section of asda as they are £1.89 for a huge jar and the 'discovery' one are that price for a tiny jar x
e peepe

decided to clear out my laundry room store of ebay stuff i have given up selling, and found rather large droppings, asked OH (coz i thought it may be a rat) to empty the baskets for me, eventually a big eyed big eared cute face appeared from behind a mirror and ran under washing machine. i guess hes been there a while as there was a lot of droppings, unlike me who had abandoned ebay corner long ago ! anyway i found he had bururried in to a cushion of ralphs in the soft filling inside a box, very cozy ! and clearly been living on ralphs dog food which is stored there, he was so cute,felt mean clearing out his bed etc hahahaha but he isnt housetrained so he has to go ! i need a humane trap to lure him out and release him in the fields near house, i think hes a doormouse, such a sweet little face too.

todays food:

2 x ww toast with choc philly & mashed banana (2)

jacket potato with lf sweet chilli philly, beans & lf cheese slices x 2 (3)

You were much more calm than I would of been with a Mouse! I think I would of screamed the house down! Our Asda doesn't have a Polish Section :-( I know they do the big jars of gherkins in there too. X

Re: Food diary & Thursday weigh ins on simply filling

aww it had such a cute little face with twitching nose. i had all the fridge and frrezers out but couldnt dind it. so i think it escaped down hole where wasshing machine water goes but it has been back as there is a couple of droppings again. i need a humane trap really but no one seems to have one :/

aww it had such a cute little face with twitching nose. i had all the fridge and frrezers out but couldnt dind it. so i think it escaped down hole where wasshing machine water goes but it has been back as there is a couple of droppings again. i need a humane trap really but no one seems to have one :/

I didn't know u could get such a thing?!? Could u leave a trail of Ralph's food going to the field like Hansel and Gretel! X

I didn't know u could get such a thing?!? Could u leave a trail of Ralph's food going to the field like Hansel and Gretel! X

good thinking batwoman !!! i did that with a pig once but that's a whole other story lol my oh is going to block the hole by washing machine pipe so he cant get in and out ;)

good thinking batwoman !!! i did that with a pig once but that's a whole other story lol my oh is going to block the hole by washing machine pipe so he cant get in and out ;)

OH to the rescue! I have visions of u sprinkling a trail and Ralph following it lol! That cheered me up Sammi! Make sure u leave a trail for your OH too, reward him for his hard work, maybe not dog food tho! X

forgot my diary yesterday so here it is: it was a pp day in the end as i went out for a nice afterneen with my sister

porridge, blueberries & gs (3)

ham, chilli philli & ww bread sandwich (5)

cafe bacon sandwich, few kettle chips (12)

2 x ww toast & choc philli (5)

100g of dry roasted peanuts (14)

26/26pp 38/49wkls

forgot my diary yesterday so here it is: it was a pp day in the end as i went out for a nice afterneen with my sister

porridge, blueberries & gs (3)

ham, chilli philli & ww bread sandwich (5)

cafe bacon sandwich, few kettle chips (12)

2 x ww toast & choc philli (5)

100g of dry roasted peanuts (14)

26/26pp 38/49wkls

Mmmmm I love Dry Roasted Peanuts, you've made me want some now! I love how u can change from SF to PP, it's so flexible.x

Good luck with catching your little visitor, sounds like they have very much set up shop! We have had our fair share of rodents guests curtesey of our cats over the years. Its why the stair door now remained firmly closed and they are thoroughly checked for any stow-aways before being allowed upstairs now. Too many nights spent chasing baby rats round my room rather than sleeping. And i used to have pet rats so think they are adorable under normal circumstances - just not when dropped onto my head at 3am by a purring feline.

Watched British Bake Off last night. It was interesting and some of the stuff was very impressive, especially the polar bear black forest cake, but I didn't find it really grabbed me as much as masterchef. I think I just don't get quite as excited over sweet stuff as I do savoury. Might watch the next couple of episodes though.

Good luck with catching your little visitor, sounds like they have very much set up shop! We have had our fair share of rodents guests curtesey of our cats over the years. Its why the stair door now remained firmly closed and they are thoroughly checked for any stow-aways before being allowed upstairs now. Too many nights spent chasing baby rats round my room rather than sleeping. And i used to have pet rats so think they are adorable under normal circumstances - just not when dropped onto my head at 3am by a purring feline.

Watched British Bake Off last night. It was interesting and some of the stuff was very impressive, especially the polar bear black forest cake, but I didn't find it really grabbed me as much as masterchef. I think I just don't get quite as excited over sweet stuff as I do savoury. Might watch the next couple of episodes though.

I have recorded GBBO and had a Speed Catch-Up on Celeb Masterchef! Can't say anyone has grabbed me as a Winner just yet though. X

none of my friends seem to have a humane trap so ive cleared ebay corner and it mostly gone now & moved the dog food so i shall see if it comes back or not, think it has been coming and going via the hole where the washing machine pipe empties so will get other half to use some expanding foam & maybe with the removal of food source it might bugger off, shame owen isnt still living in there ! mind you when he was alive he never caught anything to my knowledge but i guess with three legs he was at a disadvantage.

gbbo might grow on you ;) x

I have recorded GBBO and had a Speed Catch-Up on Celeb Masterchef! Can't say anyone has grabbed me as a Winner just yet though. X

i know what you mean, i prefer the non celebrity masterchef myself x

wed 21st aug

SF day- a bit of a weird food day today ended up with no proper dinner as by the time GS went to bed it was 7.45pm

2 x pieces of steak with ketchup

2 x ww white toast, with baked beans & 2 x slices of lf cheese slices (2)

small slice of HM chocolate cake (5)

i have 2 weeklies left so will have some dark choc later to make 49/49

weigh in tomorrow :cross:

Mmmmmm Choc Cake! Good Luck for WI Sweetie :) x

Back