Food flavourings

Jelliebabe

Gold Member
Hi all Fellow Dukaneers!

I have seen plenty of mentions of food flavourings (esp with Yogurt) and would like to know if we are only allowed particular ones... Obviously "Dukan inc" are only going to reccomend their own brand but what do you guys use? Are they allowable on any Phase?

answers on a postcard! :p :D

From day one I have bought shops own. But make sure they water based and not oil, it'll tell you on the back. Asda vanilla and almond ones are nice. Others I buy, second lot arrived today :), are from preema flavorings they are slightly cheaper than asda but then postage to pay but it's worth it to Get half a dozen different ones. I use them in sweet omelettes,yogurt, muffins. The preema ones are from swedish company.

This batch I got pistachio, butterscotch, mixedfruit, coconut. Very yum.

Any other ideas of how to include them? I make dukan bread, it's got quite a cakey texture, do u think flavourings could make it better?

if you wanted it to have a cake flavour then yes. To be honest its all trial and error, you could probably put them in just about anything. The dukan flavourings are a bigger bottle at 115ml and the ones inthe shop and on preema are 28ml. All down to personal preference.

I love the nut flavour ones

ps you could also try using them to flavour coffee and coke. I love vanilla coke, I also quite often put a shake of lemon and lime juice in coke.

Hmmm might investigate! Oh whilst we're on the subject of food where can I get wheat bran? I can find oat bran ok but not the other?

holland and barratt hun. Usually less than a pound for the bag.

In four months I am still on my second bag, and I use it every day.

check its the right thing in asda though. Sometimes its wheat flakes, which isn't the same thing. Something to do with the inner and outer parts of the wheat.

Oatbran can be bought in tesco and morrisons too, but I don't know costs. I buy from HB when its the first bag one price and second bag half price.

asda dont do oatbran only wheatbran

Back