Food.. its soooo last year..12 pesky pounds till goal :D

Congratulations, thats a really impressive weight loss!

Hunger pangs again

Thanks Moomin-mama

Not sure why, but i've been hungry on and off all day for the last 3-4 days... not sure why.. during week 3 the CD diet felt like a habit, didn't miss food, didn't get hungry, managed to have long breaks between food packs because I just didn't feel hungry and Saturday I only had two packs because I couldn't fit one in before I went to town.. well I could but thought I'd save it till i got home.. which was nearly Midnight, so i just didn't bother.

The only thing I've done differently is the gym.. which I guess could be making me hungrier.. but I haven't been today.. thought I'd have a rest day. Yesterday I only did 10 lengths of the pool and the two days before I only did 10 minute runs and then weights (plus exercise bike one day) - so not like i'm over doing it!! I'm starving right now!!!! But trying to wait till at least 2 before I have my second pack!

Usually I have my first pack about 11-11.30, second about 3-4 and third about 7.30-8 :confused:

It will be my time of month next week - Monday .. does this make a difference to hunger?! I'm sure i'm retaining water as my weightloss is slowing down.. although it would slow down anyway i guess by week 4.... any ideas anyone? Its like week 2 all over again.. and I thought I was past all that!

Hi Kirstin.
Another 6lb gone, that's great news ! Bet it is all that gym making you hungry. I don't know how you do it ! I keep being advised not to exercise strenously coz there isn't enough energy going into my body to support it - that my excuse anyway ! So I bet that's whats making you have the munchies. Its obviously working well for you though with those weight losses, you must be really pleased !

Hi Kirstin.
Another 6lb gone, that's great news ! Bet it is all that gym making you hungry. I don't know how you do it ! I keep being advised not to exercise strenously coz there isn't enough energy going into my body to support it - that my excuse anyway ! So I bet that's whats making you have the munchies. Its obviously working well for you though with those weight losses, you must be really pleased !

Thanks Melissa... with regard to the exercise vs energy thing, I used to go to the gym about 4 or 5 times a week before I went on the diet... have knocked the training back a bit - by half really.. I used to find my running hard work because of my weight... and now I find it hard work because although I feel I have the energy, I can't manage the same speed for as long as before.. and I can't managed speed training or anything that involve sudden bursts of energy... basically I have the energy to trundle along!!!

Had an extra food pack in the end yesterday.. because it helped with the hunger.. not sure if it was reality or psychological!!!

Anyway, been back to normal today, not felt hungry at all :) Had first food pack at 10ish this morning then didn't have the second until 5pm and the third at 8pm. Haven't been to the gym again, but i'm going in the morning... so maybe it is the gym doing this hunger thing to me! Going to work out a schedule which allows me rest days in between and not do anything too strenuous - but def keeping up the weights coz I don't want any saggyness!!!!

Thanks Libbie, Urs is pretty impressive!!!!

Alas I haven't lost a thing yet this week... three (and a bit) days into week 4 and I have stayed the same.. not one pound gone! Hoping its coz its my TOTM on Monday.. so hoping its water!!!! V frustrating because I had 5lbs to go until i had lost 2 stone and I wanted to do it in my first 4 weeks :/

Lovin' the name of this thread lol

Hi Kirstin,
Not suprised you feel knackered doing exercise that you could do before the diet ! But at least you are keeping at it and you must have a good fitness level because of what you have built up in the past. I really must start doing something !!! I feel very guilty when I read about all your gym visits ! :eek:

Don't get too caught up with weight loss mid week. I am always convinced that I haven't lost but when I get on the counsellors scales I always have ! I have digital and ordinary scales at home and drive myself mad doing both even though they don't agree. :p

About having an extra food pack - will your counsellor sell you an extra one ? I nealry knocked a shake flying the other day and realised that I would be a meal short and wondered if I could buy extra or whether my counsellor would think I was going to cheat !:eek:

Hi Melissa

I had spare foodpacks anyway, my counsellor comes to my area every friday and delivers to my house, but because I switched from LL to CD and made the decision on a Saturday I had just missed her that week, so I bought a full two weeks worth on the Sunday morning, giving me a few spare.. plus I missed a foodpack last Saturday anyway.

I was reasonably fit before the diet - just fat! Although all exercise was harder work because of the extra weight - so if I ran for 20 mins before the diet it felt like 45!! Used to enter races, done a couple of half marathons - but these were all abotu 4 years ago when I wasn't quite so big - although was still overweight.

I am feeling pretty energetic considering i'm on so few calories... kind of weird!! Must be surviving on the feelgood factor from the weightloss!

If u want to start exercising I'd recommend doing a few lengths of the pool, its great for toning up and doesn't seem to deplete energy levels like other gym sessions :)

Yay!!!!

Finally I've lost some weight this week!!!!!

Jumped on scales this morning and I've gone down 3lbs :) 2 to go and I will have done 2 Stone... hope I lose that by Monday (end of fourth week).

My counsellor says you can't lose more than 3 lbs of fat per week, well just about everybody on here it seems loses more than 3lbs a week... so err... what are we losing if its not fat? I guess... water too.. but we put that back in by drinking copious litres a day... so what are we losing???

Went out into town again last night, teetotal all night... went to my fave bar and my fave barman (who seemed to hang around rather a lot in front of me and served me every time - god hes cute!) didn't charge me for my soft drinks - I was on soda water and my mate drank diet coke in sympathy for the fact I couldn't have any alcohol. Poss out again tonight.. think I may owe him a beer :)

oohh, we could all do with a friendly barman ;) sounds nice ! Must ask my LLC if she will sell me extra packs next week. Your weight loss is great, you must be over the moon. I reckon its the exercise that gives you the extra weight loss. I would love to go swimming, I adore being in the water but I am far too self-conscious to go just yet :eek: . Maybe in a couple of stones time ! Have a great weekend !

Day 27

Have to put the exercise on hold for about a week and a half now as I am having rework done on my tattoos on my back and I had my third session yesterday - so I can't do any swimming or running until its healed - shouldn't really do any weight training either, but I will wear baggy clothes so as not to rub the design.. still gonna leave it a couple of days though for the soreness to wear off! On the days when I haven't been to the gym I haven't been hungry.. and the days I have been - I've been starving - so I know where the hunger is coming from now!!!

Thought I'd attach my tattoo pics, as it gives a tiny bit of an indication of the weightloss - they're my only before pic and after pic that I have - as I did ask if my LL counsellor would email me the pics from my first night there but she never did :( Think the tattoo pics show I lost quite a bit from my ass!!! The before pic was taken sometime in the summer - way before I did any form of diet and the after pic was yesterday.

Before:
Tattoos.jpg

After:
DSCF0631.jpg

This is the best diet I have ever done!

Day 28... so far I've lost 3lbs during my fourth week.. will weigh myself tonight but think its unlikely to change. 3lbs is okay i guess... since i spent all last week up until saturday not losing a lb.. and then three went off... but i'd have loved to have done the 5lbs to make it 2 stone in 4 weeks :( Never mind.. it all counts!

After today its AAM week... ooooh I may actually be able to chew something! I don't do the bars so will be nice to get my teeth around something.. plus its like a whole extra meal! Can actually go to Sainsbury's tonight and buy real food... so far all i've bought at sainsbury's in last 4 weeks is dog food, dog treats, hamster food, hamster treats, dvds, shower gels and lots of stuff from the champneys range so i could feel like I was treating myself without involving food!

Will post measurement..bmi update etc later on :)

WOW!!! I love your tattoos. And your right, you have lost inches (although you look like you've always had a great shape). I'd love to get some more tattoos done but don't want to be the sad oldie trying to be young. The one I have was done in 1978 when I was 16 so a bit faded now (like me!) I think they're beautiful - body art.

End of 4th week weigh in

Thanks Moomin.. hehe the shape may look okay from the back.. it all hangs out at the front lol!!

Just weighed myself for the end of 4th week - not managed to lose the 2 stone in 4 weeks that I wanted to do - i'm still 2lbs off..

End of 4th week weight - 14 stone 5 lbs

Weight lost this week - 3 lbs

Total weight loss in 4 weeks - 26lbs

New BMI - 32.4

Measurements

Chest 44" Loss in 2 weeks = 1" Total loss over 4 weeks = 3"
Waist 38" Loss in 2 weeks = 1" Total loss over 4 weeks = 3"
Hips 46" Loss in 2 weeks = 2" Total loss over 4 weeks = 3 1/2"

Think thats everything!

Maybe not the 2 stone but still a great weight loss ! Congrats ! Like you tatts. Do you reckon they will shrink as you lose weight ? Never thought about that before !

I always fancied a little bee on my ankle (bees link with my name). I even went with my friend to watch her have some done and to peruse the artist's books of designs....and still chickened out !

Hi Kirsten
I love your tattoos, they're huge, :D
I finally got one this year, i'd wanted one since i was 21 so took 11 years to have the bottle!

Your doing really well with the weight loss, almost 2 stone gone, thats brill. :D

You can see the difference between photos, but what a shape you have anyway ~ if i may say so!

Well done and keep it up!

Don't want to do AAM :(

Just had my first AAM day - So for my add a meal I had chicken and mushroom kebabs with oregano sprinkled over - cooked it on my lean mean grilling thing. Was v nice.. but strange to eat again! Noticed how everything tasted more than I ever used to. Although it is nice to eat something.. AAM week has made me think about food again! All afternoon I had my planned chicken kebab on my mind.. but for the last two weeks i've rarely thought about food - bit disappointed to be honest - i'd rather miss out the AAM week and stick to sole source.. maybe I should ask my counsellor if I can just go to the doctors for a check up every 5th week instead in order to stay on Sole source. Will see how I go for rest of week and how easy it is to go back to sole source next week - will be really pissed off if it becomes a struggle again!

Still have one food pack to have - looking forward to it!

Back