Food.. its soooo last year..12 pesky pounds till goal :D

Hi Kirsten,

Good Luck with your weigh-in, I really hope that you get in your 13's. I'm a few pounds behind you (14.4), and I really cant wait for that feeling of being in the 13's, so I really hope that you achieve it this week.

I know what you mean about it slowing down, but at least you know that the weight that you are losing at the mo is actual fat, rather than the initial stored water and carbs. Also, I naturally retain water when I'm due on, but then the following week my loss increases slightly, so whilst sometimes the slowing down can be frustrating, there are positives to be found.

Re: the rumbling tummy, it is really strange isn't it how you can go from not being hungry at all to the stomach rumbling. I swear that mine is connected to my feelings though. It always seems to happen when I'm bored or feeling a bit tempted. I know it's the answer to everything, but maybe have an additional litre of water on those days to try and flush that feeling out.

Good Luck hun, can't wait to hear that you are 13 something and fastly nearing that half-way mark!

Oups, think we posted at the same time, so my well wishes were a bit late. Sorry you didn't make it this week, but stay strong and it will be yours next week!

Just a thought, but I have heard that carbonated water can make you retain sometimes - I think it's something to do with the bubbles and gas blowing us up.

Yes, it's amazing how much food features in our lives, but then again, your friends seeing how great you looked, were probably thinking about diets & food. It's nice that they held back on the nibbles to protect you, they sound like good mates!

Hi Kirsten,

Good Luck with your weigh-in, I really hope that you get in your 13's. I'm a few pounds behind you (14.4), and I really cant wait for that feeling of being in the 13's, so I really hope that you achieve it this week.

Re: the rumbling tummy, it is really strange isn't it how you can go from not being hungry at all to the stomach rumbling. I swear that mine is connected to my feelings though. It always seems to happen when I'm bored or feeling a bit tempted. I know it's the answer to everything, but maybe have an additional litre of water on those days to try and flush that feeling out.

Thanks Lottie... I'll be at 13 something by next monday... well hopefully by end of this week really!! Can't wait... 13 something sounds so much nicer than 14 something.. and of course 12 something and 11 something sound even better! I'm obsessed!

My tummy rumbles on command.. i just need to think of something delicious.. hell even something not so delicious and my belly rumbles obligingly!!! Its doing it now.. coz i thought of toast and marmalade!

Good luck with reaching the 13's too.... hopefully we'll both do it this week :)

Just found your pics!

You are looking really good! I'm surprised that you still have 43lbs to lose (according to your ticker). I'm around your weight and I wish I looked like that, you look very curvascious and sexy. I might brave a tattoo when I'm more comfortable with my body, but I'm a bit scared of the pain, so maybe not!

Progress pics..... eek!

Thanks Claire.. hehe i'm a classy bird me ;)

Still not got round to taking a full length shot of me (well not one which isn't a naked back view of my tattoos anyway!)

My LL counsellor actually sent me my first night meeting before shot last week.. which was nice of her since I switched to CD two weeks later! And yesterday for the first time in a hell of a long time I actually took a picture of my face that I didn't cringe at seeing!!!! For the last 3 or 4 years I have kept away from cameras - except the odd pic which I have used on blogs - but to get one shot that I deem as bearable it usually takes about 20 takes lol with my head at different angles, camera above my head, smiling, not smiling, chin up... NIGHTMARE!

Anyway I took one pic yesterday and I liked it straight away.. I have a chin.. yep just the one! And I believe I almost have cheekbones... so until I take a full length shot of my progress this will do for now... hehe maybe I just lost a whole two stone off my face :eek:

Okay this is my first night at LL... 5 weeks ago yesterday.. sorry hope i don't put you off ur brekkies!!

S6000183head.jpg

And this was taken yesterday on my last day of my fifth week

DSCF0651resized.jpg

Hey.

Looking good Kirsten! I really can't believe that we are about the same weight - Are you 6'3"? LOL?

I tried to get BF to take some pics of my face the other day, but we ended up in a stupid row because he was standing too far away and I specifically didn't want my body in the lens. It therefore made me laugh what you said about your usual instructions before being happy with a pic.

You are doing brilliantly and look fantastic!!

lol Lottie... nope i'm 5ft 6

Mates at the weekend couldn't believe my start weight was 16 st 3lbs and that i wanted to lose 5 stone.. maybe 5 1/2 in total.... I think i put weight on all over, fat arms, fat face, fat legs, fat @rse, fat tummy, huge b00bs... rather than some people who put it all on in one or two areas.. I dunno really. My mate is two sizes larger than I was when I started the diet but weighed a stone and half less.. v weird... hey my brain is pretty dense.. maybe that weighs a lot!!!!!

I want to get someone to take a full length shot of me... but I daren't..... they'll be well peed off when it gets to take 503 and I'm still not happy with it hehe Tried to set the camera up on self timer.. but theres nowhere where i can get it at the right height.... prob just end up with a shot of my @rse or something

You are just 1 1/2 inches taller than me then. Lucky you that it is distributed fairly, although I think mine is fairly evenly distributed as well, so I guess I'm quite lucky in that respect as well. I'm sure you looked worse to yourself though because that LL photo really isn't that bad (the before one). I think that sometimes makes it hard to diet when you carry it well, especially when you start seeing the results and start getting the attention and compliments. Are you single? Bet you've sent the men wild recently!!

Why don't you just go for the first full length shot that they take? It can only get better from thereon in, when you get your 'at target' pic taken. And anyway, we've seen you waist (and side of booby), so I know it won't be as bad as you think. I think it's like Shimsham says, we've got 'fat brain' and think we are larger than we are, even when the scales are proving otherwise.

Right, I better move myself from this PC!!

WOW Kirsten you look great!

As lottie said you dont look bad in your before photo but as you've pointed out, you can see more definition in your face!

You've inspired me to get the camera out, well maybe! ;)

Thanks u two... u almost persuaded me to put my full before pic on here...... looked at it for about 5mins.... then chickened out.. I look like i'm about to wrestle with erm i dunno a popular wrestling type person!

If I sort out an update pic then I'll put it on.. coz it counteracts the truly horrible wrestling style pic with a slightly lighterweight version!!!! Thats more bearable!

Lottie... not noticed any wild men around recently! SO not fair :( coz i am single.. been single for like 6 months.. and that relationship was only a brief one before I realised he was a prat! Its all very frustrating... some attention would really boost my confidence!

Don't you worry, they will be around you like flies soon! The only thing is when you go out on SS, you don't wear your beer goggles and so you see them for what they really are! I'm sure that there is a Darren Gough out there for you in Yorkshire.

Have you tried internet dating? I never would have when I was single 6 years ago, but I'd definately try it if I ended up single somehow. I just find that no one wants to get to know you on the pub scene these days, they are after a quick fix (to put it politely). I was watching this ace series on Style channel recently which was about how to find a husband in 10 weeks. It was really good - this lady tried and tested all means of meeting new blokes over the ten weeks (internet/speed dating/friend recommendations/hobbies etc etc) and it was interesting to see the results and quite reassuring that there are some decent ones out there still that are still looking.

And my friend recently put herself on the friends re-united dating site and got loads of dates, so I think in a modern world, it's the way to go!! Did you here that Sarah Beeny (off of Property Ladder) has set up her own dating site? It's called mysinglefriend.com ; so it takes the out of date 'desperate' stigma out of internet dating because your friend can describe you in a far more genuine light than you could without sounding a right big head. I think it's a really clever concept and as you love posting so much, I bet it would suit you.

Anyway, that said, I'd say bide your time. You WILL be getting lots of attention very soon as you are getting very gorgeous and more self confident (which is the key), so they will be flocking. However, take your time, because I went a bit crazy when I got to 11 1/2 stone once and it sent me a bit loopy, so just keep your head screwed on.

I love talking about dating!! Those were fun years (in a way!).

hehe lottie.... I think THE Darren Gough is in Yorkshire isn't he... alas there is the little problem of the fact he already has a wife.. oh and i don't think he comes out drinking in Huddersfield v often!!

i once registered on a dating site... I got lots of emails... but they kind of put me off in their desperation really... so i took my details off without meeting anyone! I am sure there were some really nice guys on there.. but I got so many people that seemed a bit full on and possessive - one gave me a lecture because he knew i was going out on the town and he wanted me to make sure I saved myself for meeting him... anyway that was the one that did it.. deleted myself off there!

Have seen mysinglefriend.com... it was featured on radio one once so i checked it out... the only problem is... i'm not totally sure how my lovely friends would describe me lol

you really do look great in those pictures. Both very pretty but aprt from the eyes i wouldn' hae thought them the same person! I'll bet you look just as great everywhere else too and i hasn't all just come off your face.

hehe lottie.... I think THE Darren Gough is in Yorkshire isn't he... alas there is the little problem of the fact he already has a wife.. oh and i don't think he comes out drinking in Huddersfield v often!!

i once registered on a dating site... I got lots of emails... but they kind of put me off in their desperation really... so i took my details off without meeting anyone! I am sure there were some really nice guys on there.. but I got so many people that seemed a bit full on and possessive - one gave me a lecture because he knew i was going out on the town and he wanted me to make sure I saved myself for meeting him... anyway that was the one that did it.. deleted myself off there!

Have seen mysinglefriend.com... it was featured on radio one once so i checked it out... the only problem is... i'm not totally sure how my lovely friends would describe me lol

Mmm, I'm sure that there are some wierdos, but its the same as in a pub. I do like Darren Gough though, I think it was the dancing - showing his soft under belly, but still being a mans man - he's taught men that they don't have to be so cool - I hate 'cool men'! And this series, I'm loving the other cricketer, Mark - quietly confident and gorgeous smile!!!

I'm sure that you are just being coy and your friends would describe you in a very good way - you could ask them how they'd describe you to help grow your ego (or not if they are mean!).

Anyway, the bottom line is, you are a vixen and you'll soon find your basil brush :D :D Sorrry for the cheese, couldn't help it!!

Hi Kirstin,
Just seen your photos ! Wow your face has changed so much. You had a nice face anyway but it is so much more defined now, you must be really pleased seeing the difference!

1a%20well%20done%20large.jpg

I used to live on the same street as Darren Gough!

Thanks Melissa... I do feel pretty good really... apart from fact i'm having a feeling hungry few days.. which is weird... don't know why it happens!

Wow the same street.. I'd have stalked him lol!!! Although i only noticed him on strictly come dancing to start with same as Lottie.... I did see him shopping in Meadowhall.. but it was about 6 years ago.. and it was my ex that pointed him out.. and had to explain who he was! Was it in Brighouse Vicky???

Back