Food.. its soooo last year..12 pesky pounds till goal :D

you look fantastic!! and I'd never have guessed you were 36! I'm not surprised you get 19/20 year olds after you but I understand you thinking they're a bit young, i would too. good to try once though (did I really say that? ok it was a few years ago when I tried out a 20 year old. was good for a while but definately not anything serious)

I was always too confused about the punk thing with flowers to actually listen to the rest of the words. Just dismissed it without a thought, the tune is catchy though

Wow thanx u lot.. people do seem to think i'm younger.. thought it was my immature personality.. but u can't tell that from the pics lol so the oil of olay must be working ;)

I haven't worked out where my occasional hunger pangs come from, last week i thought maybe i had come out of ketosis.. but i hadn't done anything different in order to actually do this. Hadn't even had lemon in my sparkling water or anything. SO i know that realistically i can't come out of ketosis when i stick to the diet 150% but my stomach really does rumble occasionally. Some days I really do feel genuine hunger rather than a food craving. A food pack takes it away.. but then it can come back again a few hours later... then there are the majority of days where i don't feel hungry at all.. its all v weird!

Went out last night again... my mate took the micky because i said I thought maybe i could stay teetotal on nights out.. when she had picked herself off the floor from her hysterics.. she said no way! She said i couldn't do it.. i tried to convince her saying that not drinking is actually surprisingly good... i like being able to look around a bar with perfect clarity.. have confidence of beign able to walk to the loo without tripping over my own feet... not slur my words .. and more importantly not be wearing my beer goggles.. but she says when i can go back to alcohol again i will do. I reckon I could actually have just the odd glass of wine with a meal in future.. and if i do drink again on nights out, maybe have a mineral water in between drinks to lessen the amount i drink and the effect..... we will see!

Off to look at the dress i want this morning.. mate is coming with me for second opinion.. i've told her that if it doesn't look completely fantastically stunning then she has to say.. because unless it is drop dead amazing there is no point buying it when i will be too big for me in a matter of weeks anyway!

PS another pound off ... 13st 11lbs today :)

I got my dress!!!!!

Went down to Derby and bought my dress!!! Tried on a 14 in red and it fitted perfectly.... however after trying on the black one (in 16 as it was the only size they had besides 6!!!!!!), i knew i liked the black best and my mate said that both were stunning.. but the black was the best.. the dresses themselves were identical... anyway the shop assistant then came over and she said that because of the slinky material, she thought i probably could get away with wearing the black size 16 through two smaller dress sizes, I had explained i was on a drastic diet and could well be a size smaller by xmas! My mate agreed with this, as both sizes skimmed my stomach and hips.. so that u really couldn't tell there was much difference in size.

So i got the size 16... went round mum and dads.. thought i may as well while i was down there...tried the dress on for them too.... and for the first time in a hell of along time, mum was complimentary!!!!! She usually says "Oh Kirstin, what made you buy that, it makes u look short, fat and dumpy"!!!! Yes she really did say that once! Don't u just love parents lol!

Anyway i came out of the bathroom in the dress and she said it was beautiful and made my new slim figure look gorgeous. I tell u i nearly fainted... it is amazing to hear my mum say anything complimentary about my figure!!! The most complimentary thing she has ever said is "Kirstin used to be so skinny when she was younger"!!!!!!!!

So i'm pretty damn chuffed really... my mate says that gorgeous Steve (my friend from scotland) won't be able to keep his hands off me!!! (last time i went out for a drink with him was 2 years ago.. when i was thinner... he admitted he fancied me rotten then.. but had a girlfriend - no go area for me.. i hate people that cheat!).. anyway he has been single now for nearly a year.. and i get to go out with him in Glasgow next saturday night.. although he seems to be under the impression he's going to get me drunk.. he'll get a big shock when i order sparkling mineral water!!!!!!!!

Happy day.. random grin time ;) :D :D :D :D :D

How lovely that you looked so fab, and so nice to get compliments off parents. I know what you mean :)
Hope we get a piccie of you in your dress !
Sure you will have a great time with Steve and his eyes will be out on stalks :D

How lovely that you looked so fab, and so nice to get compliments off parents. I know what you mean :)
Hope we get a piccie of you in your dress !
Sure you will have a great time with Steve and his eyes will be out on stalks :D

I tell u.. i've never got so excited about a dress before lol!!! Think all this not eating is making me lose my mind :p

AAAAARGH help!!!!!!

I just texted Steve to tell him that I have booked my hotel and where it is etc...

He texted back saying.. "do you like sushi.. I know a great restaurant in Glasgow.. look it up, tell me what u think and i'll take you there!!!!!!!!"

Don't know what to say.. I'm not breaking my diet.. but i don't want to admit to him that i'm on a diet.. especially an extreme one... i want him to think i've been a slim person ever since the last time he saw me.. don't want to admit to just having lost 2 1/2 stone and having more to go :( FCUK FCUK FCUK!!

It was going to be bad enough telling him i was drinking mineral water when he is under the impression we're going to get wasted :(

Not texted back because i don't know what to say! Going to be v hard to say i've already eaten..he knows i'm going sightseeing in Edinburgh first then driving over to glasgow, so he will expect me to be hungry.... plus he probably needs to book it.. can't tell him a week in advance that i'm feeling a bit queasy.. lol besides... i'm kind of wanting to be full of energy.. in case he can't keep his hands off me!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHH!

whynot skim over the truth and say you have already made plans to eat with someone else, but will meet him after? Hes never gonna know ur not...

Oh and congrats on the dress....take a pic and let us see!! New avatar as well? V nice

Why don't you say you have had a tummy bug over the week. Then you can order something very little and push it around the plate. It will also make the drinking water make sense. Say you feel much better but don't want to risk being ill, but that you didn't want to put the meeting with him off.

Thanx u two.. i did a variation on what u said Kazz... he knows i am going sightseeing in Edinburgh and he knows my dads family live near there.. so i told him they had arranged to meet me on way to Glasgow to take me out for a meal.. i sent a text saying this and he was okay.... he said he would stuff his face before he met me and that left more time for us to get drunk... GRRRRR!

He knows i've spent the last few weeks on a "teetotal challenge" lol... so i'm going to have to carry this on.. if he goes on about it, i'll say i'm on tablets (warfarin i think will be a good one.. jesus all this subtefuge!) It should be fine.. I've been getting used to going out and drinking water.. so know i can have a good laugh when sober... so he shouldn't feel odd getting drunk on his own! I could also say that i had a couple of wines with my aunt and uncle late afternoon and due to almost two months without alcohol its gone to my head and made me feel a bit drunk.. therefore i'm drinking water for the evening!!

Blimey its hardwork doing what u want to on this diet when people throw obstacles at u.. it would have been easier to just say i was on a strict diet of course... but i was ashamed to admit i had put on any weight! I way slightly less than when I last saw him at the mo I think.... hopefully this will be another few pounds less by saturday :)

I'm 36.... i would say they were probably 19/20... i usually draw the line at 21 lol

You're NEVER 36 Kirstin!!!!!:eek: :D

Oh gawd, I need to go and buy some more anti-wrinkle cream!!!....Because I'm worth it....LOL:D

Hi Kirsten,

So much to catch up on!! First of all, am really pleased that you had such a good weekend - and look at you, getting all that male attention!!! It's great isn't it!! It shows how much your efforts are paying off!

Good on you for getting the killer-dress, you'll feel even more special for the weekend...in Edinburgh with STEVE!! (Will come back to). Can't believe that you usually get that kind of a reaction from your mum (stumpy???!!!), but ... credit it where it's due, at least she gave you a biggy compliment regarding the new dress - at least you know that she don't lie to you, so you can be assured of how fab you'll look!

Praise due ref: don't go for people that cheat. If you start off on those grounds you are never really sure that you can trust them, so at least you waited until you are both available and... ready for the plucking (so to speak - and it wasn't cockney rhyming slang). I think, if you wait and then take your opportunity when the coast is clear, surely all of that pent-up chemistry will be all the better for the wait? E.g. This Weekend!!

Ref: Steve; Oh I'm really excited for you!!! I love Edinburgh (SO romantic with the castle in permanent view from Princess Street and long walks). It sounds very positive hun, like you are both looking forward to it and that there are some very serious undertones going on as you both remember the chemistry!

Ref: Alcohol; I'd say that it won't be too much of a big deal. You sound as though you can have a great time without drinking and so once Steve sees that, he'll be more than happy. He's prob talking to the 'old you' that prob had a few the last time you met up and lets face it, weekends away usually do involve a few shandy's. Anyway, me thinks, he's nervous himself about seeing you again after last time he admitted that he fancies you and now that you are meeting up when you are both single, he might be hoping something might happen. And, we all know that alcohol has helped many a budding relationship! He prob needs a bit of dutch courage. He's obviously trying to impress you as well, a sushi bar is very 21st century and cosmo (to those of us outside London) and so I'm sure he just wanted to set the scene. I'm so excited, wish I could be a fly on the wall!

Ref: CD porky's. To be honest, I'd just tell him. You may want to spend every breathing (or panting ;) ) minute of the weekend together it may look a bit strange if you are together a long long time and don't eat. You don't need to mention your start weight or loss-to-date, you could say that you only just started, but really need to get into a certain outfit for Xmas. He'll never know that you were bigger, just that you have set yourself a target and once he realises that you are still a heap of fun, he won't be bovvered.

Am looking forward to this week's build up to the big event!! Have your texts/calls/emails been getting flirty with him or has it all been strictly above board?

Praise due ref: don't go for people that cheat. If you start off on those grounds you are never really sure that you can trust them, so at least you waited until you are both available and... ready for the plucking (so to speak - and it wasn't cockney rhyming slang). I think, if you wait and then take your opportunity when the coast is clear, surely all of that pent-up chemistry will be all the better for the wait? E.g. This Weekend!!

Am looking forward to this week's build up to the big event!! Have your texts/calls/emails been getting flirty with him or has it all been strictly above board?

hehe loving that "ready for the plucking" lol

Still not sure what to tell him re the drinking.. he knows i have been going out recently on teetotal nights... but not sure if he knows how long i've been doing it or not.. can't remember! Will decide on the day and wing it i guess!!!

We used to flirt ages ago, before i went up to meet him, he used to be my customer in my old job.. so we used to mail each other at work and it kind of got to flirting.. then we swapped MSN and that was when i found out about his girlfriend.. he was unhappy in the relationship, so we kind of got to talking about that - i was his agony aunt and the flirting stopped! So when i went up there a couple of years ago, we just had a few drinks and a laugh, he gave me a kiss at end of night and left... I haven't flirted since! He has though.. and he also fell for a little joke i played.. Scott Mills on Radio one mentioned a crush calculator.. u sent the link to people u know.. they fill in their crushes thinking they are going to get a rating on whether its love or lust.. but it doesn't... it sends the results back to you! HEHE anyway this was a couple of months ago.. and he filled me in as his number one crush.. weirdly instead of making me flirt again.. i still don't!!!!!!!! He was chatting on MSN the other day and said that he loved my new photo and he was having all inappropriate thoughts about me.. and i told him to go for a cold shower! Think its all down to the fact I really liked him when I went out for the drink with him.. was v hard knowing he had a girlfriend and nothing could happen.. so I sort of got into non-flirting mode and not broke out of it!

So anyway all the work is gonna have to come from him! I will just go up there as mates and see what he does... I know this could backfire.. after all he has admitted to fancying me.. and i haven't exactly encouraged him... although i have said a few nice things to him.. he may be waiting for me to give him some sort of signal that i like him too.. damn it would be so much easier with alcohol!!!!

End of 6th week weigh in

Well this week saw me get into the 13's.... hoping that in 2 1/2 weeks i will be in the 12's *fingers well and truly crossed*

End of 6th week weight = 13 stone 11 lbs

Weight loss this week = 4lbs

Total weight loss = 2 stone 4lbs (miscalculated the other day..thought i was only a lb off losing 2 1/2 stone!!!!)

New BMI = 31.2

Measurements

Chest = 42.5" total loss = 4.5"

Waist = 36" total loss = 5"

Hips = 45" total loss = 4.5"

So in real terms....I buy 15kg bags of dog food... I've now lost one of them!!!!

2.5lbs to go and I will be halfway :D

Well this week saw me get into the 13's.... hoping that in 2 1/2 weeks i will be in the 12's *fingers well and truly crossed*

End of 6th week weight = 13 stone 11 lbs

Weight loss this week = 4lbs

Total weight loss = 2 stone 4lbs (miscalculated the other day..thought i was only a lb off losing 2 1/2 stone!!!!)

New BMI = 31.2

Measurements

Chest = 42.5" total loss = 4.5"

Waist = 36" total loss = 5"

Hips = 45" total loss = 4.5"

So in real terms....I buy 15kg bags of dog food... I've now lost one of them!!!!

2.5lbs to go and I will be halfway :D

Fantastic progress Kirstin - well done!! Love the dog food analogy!!

Do you think that we could possibly get into the 12's by 2 1/2 weeks? I say we, I know I'm a bit behind you, but I'd be up for a mini challenge if you are? If we went to Fri 15th Dec, that would leave me 4 weeks until my do or die dress fitting, so getting somewhere near 12 something would be a great goal for me. And it might keep us both motivated? I was still 13.13 today BTW.

Ref: Steve, I guess you are right, you'll just have to see how you feel this weekend, you might not fancy him anymore? You never know, so you've probably got the right level-headed attitude, whereas all I want is to hear about romance LOL!!!

Do you think that we could possibly get into the 12's by 2 1/2 weeks? I say we, I know I'm a bit behind you, but I'd be up for a mini challenge if you are? If we went to Fri 15th Dec, that would leave me 4 weeks until my do or die dress fitting, so getting somewhere near 12 something would be a great goal for me. And it might keep us both motivated? I was still 13.13 today BTW.

LOL!!!

I'm up for mini challenge if u are.... try to be in the 12's by Dec 15th... that is my old works xmas party.. not decided if i'm going to pop in for a mineral water or not.. but i may do.. and being out of the 13's would be an added incentive!!!!

I think i still fancy Steve btw.. he has an up to date pic on his msn and hes still v fanciable.... I'm terrible.. i like to have the upper hand (i wonder why nobody chats me up!)... so i know he likes me and he doesn't know where he stands.. but i'm reluctant to let on that i fancy him.. coz then he can't disappoint me! :rolleyes:

I've only bloomin well been and got the job!!!!!!

My potentially soon to be new boss rang today... they have offered me the job in Wellingborough.. but they went for an external sales role rather than the internal one they had on offer.. so i get a car... thats such a good thing.. really wasn't sure how i would cope actually having to buy petrol again..i mean i've not had to pay for it for like 3years or more!!!! So they have kind of created the position for me!

They offered me 1K more than i get now but plus bonuses.... so in effect more money.. but i said that wasn't good enough... told them i would move for £2K more than i get now.. plus bonuses.. providing they are achievable targets like! He went back to chat to finance bloke and then rang me back and agreed to pay the extra 2K i wanted :)

After a year... they want me to progress to Product Manager.. basically for now I will be selling a type of hose i've not sold before.. but when they get their act sorted they wish to develop additional hose range, where my knowledge lies. I would be instumental in the setting up of this department and once up and running it will be my baby :D

BUT.... aaargh i have to say goodbye to Huddersfield :'( I don't want to leave.. i'm a bit sad... I may cry! I never cried when I left my hometown to move up here.. but i will to move south :'(

Anyway he's emailing me the offer and conditions of employment etc plus putting copies in the post.. he wants an answer by early next week.. so i have a bit of time to mull it over.. i will also get in touch with my old MD who spoke to me last week about a position he wanted to know if i was interested in - one that doesn't mean moving.... will tell him i've had another offer and see if he wants to do anything about it!!!!

Back