Food.. its soooo last year..12 pesky pounds till goal :D

Really? Did you know him? He seems very 'lad next door' when he's on telly.

(Sorry Kirsten for hijacking your diary with my perving!)

lol Lottie.. perving over Darren Gough is definately allowed on my thread!!!! Him and Jake Gyllenhaal... although i'd fight u for him!

Well if we are going to perv on Kirstin's thread then can I perv about Johnny Depp, preferably dressed as a pirate,:p and maybe Orlando Bloom.

Who said the libido disappears on a VLCD ?;)

I think intimacy (keeping it clean !) and eating are linked, so if we can't eat then.................:D

Yep think we can allow johnny depp on here to perv over.. hes not bad.... as for Donnie Darko, Lottie... "isn't bad" is such an understatement!

Oooh having nice bedtime thought of Jake knocking on my door ;0

lol I wish I knew who this darren Gough person was. Think I'm going to have to google him. The others I alredy know nd have to agree "not bad" is an understatement

I was just reminded of our perving yesterday by these last few threads - he's def worth a google Kati :)

So...Kirstin... have you decided to go to Northants? Have they def offered it to you? Where are you originally from Staffs did you say are your family still there? You sound like a very free spirit, I admire you that you can just up sticks like that!

Hiya Lottie

I spoke to the sales director (the guy I met last night) earlier today, he is excited that I sent my CV in.. "at the perfect time" He said he though he had the perfect job and that my personality is the perfect fit for the office!!! oooh never been so perfect before lol!!

Am going down there tomorrow to meet the finance director and the sales office manager, the sales director won't be in, but he has filled the finance director in on the details and I already know the sales office manager as I used to sell to her. He says not to worry about a thing and that he hopes to chat to me after I have been in the office and then he can discuss the options I would have for the job (originally it was senior internal sales.. i think they may be reconsidering now.. as I am already external sales... its in their interests to make me external sales now and give me a car rather than offering me a lump sum to compensate for a lack of car on an internal job... but i could be wrong!)

So fingers crossed! As for Northants... still deciding - have had lots of great advice from Jennie (on the other thread), going to drive round tomorrow and nose around the area.. will see what i think.. its marginally closer to my family and friends. I'm originally from Burton on Trent in Staffs, and yeah all my family are still there.. i wouldn't want to move back there though... and I will really miss huddersfield.. i love the north!

Wow, that sounds really exciting - you've been head-hunted!!! Am v pleased for you - you can only see what they offer you and how it goes tomorrow. Sounds really promising though.

I'll have to get myself out of the house early tomorrow as I'll have no one to chat to on here!! Good Luck if I don't chat to you later (BF back from working away and so might get p'd off).

Your photo is fabulous, you are stunning!!

Oh and Darren Gough... droooooollll...slobber... pant!

Online dating - been there done that, still doing it to be honest... friendsreuniteddating.com is pretty good but I have to say it offers up a disappointing selection in my age group! (I wonder if they think the same!)lol... steer clear of udate (all they are after is one night stands), plentyoffish (cheapskates) and there was another one I thought was pants too... I have been a member on and off for almost 18 months with friendsreuniteddating but my membership expires on Saturday so will probably steer clear after that - although I haven't logged on in ages - not since meeting "Eric" (see my diary for more details! ;) ) Hope it all goes ace tomorrow and look forward to hearing more! Ooh, into the 13 something by Monday eh? Fantastic! I think I will get there in about.. um... June! lol

Hi Kirstin
Hope it all went well. If they want you so much lets hope that there is room for you to state your salary ! Hope you like the area, don't know it myself.......but you get a kind of feeling when its time to move on and make a new start. Could be exciting !

Do you think your weight loss has made you more confident in going after a new job ?

All the best !
Melissa

Thanx for the good wishes u three.

Had to leave the house at 6.30am this morning and because i went shopping on the way home I didn't get in till teatime! Interview went really well... I still think the sales and marketing director I saw on Tuesday is the most eager to employ me.. today i saw a financial manager and the Sales office manager.. I already know her as I used to sell to her. I think the finance guy was keen too.. but I also think he is worried about being able to afford me.. the job they have on offer wouldn't really warrant the wage I earn now I don't think.. i said i wasn't looking for another job because of money.. i have other issues making me want to move on. But I did say that I would obviously be expecting anything from 2-5K more than I earn now.. dependant on the packaged they put together (car/no car etc etc) I said since I am expected to move south where the cost of living is higher and the fact I actually have to move at all has to have some sort of incentive. They mentioned an external position too.. the internal job is what they were already recruiting for.. but they are thinking that with my product knowledge they could maybe expand their sales team earlier than at first anticipated.. so they are weighing it up.. i think that really the external position would be inline with what i earn now.. and the most attractive proposition for me.. but will see what they say.. they could have hated me after all!!!!

Melissa... I've always been pretty confident in work situations.. i guess i have got more confident over the years.. but weight has never affected this side of things.. purely because i meet different people every day in my job anyway, so it kind of prepares u for it.. my confidence has only been affected on the nights on the town kind of thing really... i still came across as confident i think.. but it was more of an act.. because i hated myself inside!!

Will do a diary update tomorrow.. have been v slack on the weight topic for last few days lol... been having way to much fun on the perving over men topic!!!!

oh forgot to say earlier... when i went shopping i bought four shirts.... 2 size 14 that were v flattering (slightly tight on chest but not noticably coz they are those little fitted types) and 2 size 16 coz the buttons were bulging! The size 16 were from Jaeger.. hoping their clothes are on the small side!!!

Also tried on the most gorgeous dress... reduced from £250 to £50! And i never bought it!!!!!! They only had size 16 in black and red.. couldn't work out the straps on the black one (someone had tried it on and twisted it up or something!).. so tried on the red one and it looked v nice... but i couldn't make up my mind if it was stunning nice or just a bit nice! If it had been stunning nice then i would def have bought it even though i dont' intend for it to fit me much longer.. but if it was just a bit nice then i decided not to get it... slightly kicking myself now.. may go back for it on saturday and take my mate along for opinion!

It was a clingy silk and satin dress.. scooped neck and back but it had two layers so that the inside silk bit showed a bit higher than the scooped bit. Was really nice and i think it looked reasonably good.. clung to the right bits.. and it was slimming... I reckon if i had tried the black one.. i'd have ended up buying it... but red does kind of suit me.. i never where it when gross and fat but i would wear it when a little less gross and fat! (I am being intentionally harsh on myself.. not having an issue ;p)

I am going to my bosses leaving drinks next week (after they have eaten... and they know i'm not drinking)... i now want the damn dress for then..... in fact i reckon the only thing that looked a bit crappy was my not thin enough yet arms... they still kind of look a bit like a wrestlers.. just a slightly lighter weight one! the dress was sleeveless... maybe i'll go on a sunbed tomorrow and go back saturday for a second opinion

err sorry everyone for just waffling war and peace like over a dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

HI Kirstin,

Really glad the interview and shopping trips went well, I'm really pleased for you as you sounded a bit down the other day. It's amazing how much easier this SS lark is when we aren't busy isn't - it kind of takes care of itself and you don't have to dwell on anything.

It's good that you aren't bothered either way, as are quite happy where you are. That way, you can make the right decision.

Fantastic about the killer outfits. I'd say get the red dress, it drives the men wild!

Oooo go get the dress!!!! I love dresses, but it does take a while to get used to wearing them!! I lived in trousers before now i'm always in a dress or a skirt - weird!!!! Someone asked me the other day where my new found style had come from - i said i'd always had it but just didn't have the body to wear such lovely things!!

Woohooo!

I finally made it to the 13's!!!!!!!

Weighed myself this morning (half week weigh in plus CD lady comes today with more lovely shakes for me... ran out of vanilla so hope she hurries up, i'm missing it!)

Anyway i digress - i weight 13 stone 12lbs!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

So lost 3lbs so far this week :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

3.5lbs to go and I will be halfway through the diet in terms of weightloss!

Thanx Karen btw, i'm going back tomorrow with my mate to try it on again and make my mind up. I wear a lot of skirts and dresses.. when i put on weight i refused to buy larger trousers..... so i will be over the moon when I can buy a pair of jeans.... still have some of my old jeans.. but none above a size 12!!!!!! So think it will be a while before i get in them.

Ok.... full length progress pics..... eek

Finally worked up the courage to post a full length before and after pic... wish i had thought to put my makeup on and do my hair.. but never mind! Can't be @rsed to take another one! The most recent pic was taken in one of my new size 14 shirts :)

Ok... this is me now... 5 1/2 weeks into the diet, 2 stone 5lbs lighter:

DSCF0659resized.jpg

and this is me at my first LL meeting:

S6000183resized.jpg

I finally made it to the 13's!!!!!!!

Weighed myself this morning (half week weigh in plus CD lady comes today with more lovely shakes for me... ran out of vanilla so hope she hurries up, i'm missing it!)

Anyway i digress - i weight 13 stone 12lbs!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

So lost 3lbs so far this week :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

3.5lbs to go and I will be halfway through the diet in terms of weightloss!

Thanx Karen btw, i'm going back tomorrow with my mate to try it on again and make my mind up. I wear a lot of skirts and dresses.. when i put on weight i refused to buy larger trousers..... so i will be over the moon when I can buy a pair of jeans.... still have some of my old jeans.. but none above a size 12!!!!!! So think it will be a while before i get in them.

Fan-bloody-tastic!!! Well done Kirstin thats brill!!! And lots of huge grins, I like it! With halfway in sight, it will carry you forward and soon you will be SKINNY!

Back