Food Junkies Diary now having a bash at Atkins :p

the porridge is lovely isnt it x

My book is finally here woop woop. Dinner tonight is roast beef done in the slow cooker all day. And a muller light for pudding.

Thanks it was lush fell to bits just missed the veg though lol i'm going to have to experiment with sauce type things.
My worst fear is that i can't stomach too much meat as i'm not a great fan lol. think i'll order the recipe book so i can get some ideas.
Can i drink diet pepsi??

i will go out on a limb lol and say yes - its pretty much the same as diet coke (well so i think anyways lol)

how are you getting on ?
x

ok chick thanks. I'm enjoying some parts more than others i have to say i think i'll enjoy it more when i can do pv days as meat is just not my favourite thing. I love veg though so alternating between pp and pv should keep me occupied and on track. How are you getting on looks good from your diary?

hey kay i used to drink lots of diet coke until i changed to asda's own brand of diet and caffine free cola it actually tastes reaaly good !!!

Good morning all.
It's payday today wahoo and although my bank is nearly empty again my bills are all paid lol.
I jumped on the scales and they are showing a loss of 5lbs so i'm chuffed with that.
Just about to have my dukan porridge then i'm off to do the grocery shopping.
The only thing i'm annoyed about today is my parrot just said fu**ing hell clear as day in my hubbys voice i'll kill him when he comes home lol.

lol hun at the parrot theres one at the pub my OH used to drink in and its cage is by the pool table when the blokes bend down to take a shot it shout w*****r at them .....
I drink pepsi max prefer it to diet coke ...great loss hun xxxx

Lol i'm still gonna kill hubby though best thing is it sounds just like him.
Just tried my porridge with wheat bran won't be doing that again took me half hour to chew it lol.

chew you porridge? did you put plenty of milk in?

Fabulous parrot story!! You say you don't much like meat - I hear you - fish? tofu? quorn? prawns? mussels? You'll probably find alternating PP and PV days easier if you find the meat only days awkward. I'm the reverse!

Diet coke and pepsi are fine (just avoid the flavoured ones). Diet drinks need to be less than 1 calorie a glass which, surprisingly, some are not!

Payday indeed it is yet, now that I'm all grownup, it's not quite the same as when I'd be paid in a little brown envelope at the end of my Saturday job... and my purse would BULGE... aaah happy (pre-bill, pre-responsibility) days

and maybe the parrot said that cos he thought F******* H*** she has lost weight this week ;)

Just tried my porridge with wheat bran won't be doing that again took me half hour to chew it lol.

hmm - try soaking the two brans in the milk for a while before you start cooking it and add plenty more milk if you need to - mine always makes a huge portion.

You could also try tyo use your bran in a sort of 'bread' - h you can do in the microwave or I do a larger batch in the Breadmaker (using yeast not baking powder):

1 egg
1 TB Fromage frais / Quark
2 TB Oatbran
1 TB Wheat bran
1 ts baking powder
pinch of salt & sweetener if liked

mix all and beat well, put into flat microwaveable dish and zap on high for ~3min. Or use individual silicone muffin cases - makes maybe 6?
This comes out as spongy wholemeal 'bread' and can be used in sandwiches if you skilfully slice it :)

I have to admit that I have never (or maybe once at the beginning!) even attempted to make a Galette! Seemed like too much effort ;)

Ooh thanks will give the brad a try. maybe i didnt cook the porridge for long enough with the wheat bran in. it was very chewy lol i followed the recipe of 2 tbsp oatbran and 1 wheatbran.
Lunch today was chicken legs, was going to have a salad with my chicken but didn't get back from shopping until two so it was a mad rush to get my youngest from school.
I also had a strawberry fat free yog that was at the back of the fridge with a cherry one.
I'm going to have a go at homemade burgers tonight :)

Back