Food Junkies Diary now having a bash at Atkins :p

Vicky will snap you up forthwith for Atkins... but glad you're not leaving us...

Kay, you still eat meat and fish on atkins but you can have salad everyday and veg everyday and of course cheese. oh and unlimited eggs.
let me know if you want to know something...maybe you just need to get a bit more organised on the dukan front, but it must be hard doing pp when you are sick of meat x

I dissuaded my sister from doing it because she's a non meat eater (and an alki!!)

Lol she is an alkie like me then ;) and not eating meat on atkins is hard but there is a girl (girlygirl) who has done really well on it being a vegetarian. x would slimming world not suit your sister best if a veggie? she can have my books ;)

I do like meat but i like it with things it makes me gag on its own well it didn't at first but after a few days it did.
I love bacon too and cheese :) would i still be able to eat oatbran on atkins as i now have four bags lol :p

hey kay just do ur best hunny !!!!!!! we are with u and im glad ur not leaving us too !!!!

lmao me too and wheatbran. no not on induction. but after you 2 weeks you start upping your carbs per week until you get to a point where you still lose but your carbs are higher. so you would be able to then. ill use mine then.
I do know what you mean re the meat. You may not lose as quickly on atkins (i dont but cheryl does! she lost a stone in 2 weeks last time!) but the variations are much better.
At the end of dukan i got bored tbh, and IF i hadnt done atkins before I probably would have not know any different re low carb, but i missed my cheese and ff mayo.

I do like meat but i like it with things it makes me gag on its own well it didn't at first but after a few days it did.
I love bacon too and cheese :) would i still be able to eat oatbran on atkins as i now have four bags lol :p

Thanks Vicky i see your seeing Boyzone next year too i'm seeing them i think its feb or march.
I went to the last tour my friends took me on my 30th birthday before the lovely steven gately died :( we were third row from the front add me on facebook the photos are amazing.
And anyone else too for that matter i'm mikala burdett on fb (sunday name lol)

ooh ill do it now. i went to see ronan beginning of the year too, he was fab. Yes i went to the last concerts with stephen too.
any ideas on your diet love?

I've started atkins induction this morning. Started with a cheese and mushroom omelette yum, lunch is a ham salad and tonight is chicken breasts stuffed with philly and bacon with cabbage. Does that sound ok?

Lol.
Yes sounds good just make sure you dont go over 120g cheese, 3 tablespoons of cream, and count carbs in your veg etc i presume you have read the sticky on atkins hon called if you are thinking of starting atkins. Dont count carbs in eggs though. whats in your salad :D

omg im recruiting ;)

good luck!!!!

I've got the atkins book from old but have just never done it. My salad was lettuce, red pepper, cucumber, spring onion and i think thats it lol. No cream as yet wouldn't know what to do with it lol.

Hiya Kay

Could you change the name of your diary to include atkins in the title? Just so people don't think your food menu is dukan friendly :)...

(click edit on first diary entry - page 1)

ta x

red pepper,
ooh very high carb - be careful to count only 20 carbs and 15 of those from veg and salad love x

my book says i can have 230 to 340g of certain salad veg a day and pepper is on that list, there wasn't much of it anyway chick. I'll change my title too :)

hope the atkins goes ok hun xxx

my book says i can have 230 to 340g of certain salad veg a day and pepper is on that list, there wasn't much of it anyway chick. I'll change my title too
are you doing new atkins?

when is your weigh in and how did you first day go x

Tuesday is my wi day. I've got the orange book dr atkins new diet revolution and i also have the one brought out earlier this year but both are saying the same thing. Day two going good had a boiled egg for breakfast and some ham. Spicy chicken with stir fried beansprouts and cabbage. And in my lovely slow cooker for tonight is beef with celery and mushrooms and stock which is one carb per 100ml. I'm going tm make some sugar free jelly tonight because i'm desperate for a sweet fix lol.

Back