Food once a day???

Angie H

:confused: Hi

I have been speaking to one of my group members today. We started the same time - 3 weeks ago and have lost about the same weight 1 1/2 stone.

She has worked out she can have tuna or chicken to the equivalent of 125 calories once a day and knock out one foodpack a day.

Is she correct in thinking that the weight loss will be the same as it is the same amount of calories and only protein therefore not disturbing the ketosis aspect?

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I am curious

The whole point of the diet is that you abstain from food and address why you got fat & how to avoid it in that time. Then when you reintroduce food in management you ascertain what the trigger foods are so you can watch out & reeducate yourself about you and food - bodys reactions, emotinal triggers etc.
While you may not affect ketosis (unsure on this one) you wont be following the diet!! At the end of the day you're paying £66 a week for the package & if you're going to eat (or your friend is eating) then why not do cambridge diet 790 (half pack, 1/2 food) for half the price? Just a thought!

To be honest I am not looking into eating but was unsure of why she was doing this type of diet if she was to include food along the way. It makes sense what she says calorie wise but obviously will affect the ethics of the whole abstinance thing. thanks for your reply !

I'd be worried about the nutrients...........there isn't 25% of all the vits and minerals she needs in tuna!!!!! It can make you really tired and quite ill being on so few cals if you're not getting everything your body needs.

Don't listen to her......it's not ok and it's not clever. Obviously the CBT isn't doing anything for her? just cause she can get away with it she does it???

silly woman.

xx

Of course the nutrients !! Yes I can see where you are coming from. I will tell her and it's up to her what she does. I am happy with LL for the time being. It's working for me anyway. thanks all !!!

Hi angie,
it's a very sliperly slope she's taking :eek:

Whilst the tuna will not affect ketosis, it dosnt have the same amount of nutrients, vitamins etc as coley says...

It's all about boundaries, once you step out of the boundaries set, ie 4 packs 4 litres of water, it can be very difficult to get back...

As a wize woman once said to me.. ' what is it about absteninace you don't understand' lol

Keep on as you are, you're doing great, without the tuna :p

I just feel that one bit uf tuna leads to another bit, then a slice of bread - we all know how easy it is !! This is why we are at this point. I think some people always think they know better, that's up to them but why she is paying all this money for LL I don't understand. All or nothing for me. LL takes away the temptations ans is rigid enough for me not to cheat, it's not forever I keep telling myself. My family have all gone out tonight for my son's birthday, I decided not to go and duscussed this with them all. They all felt better as they were more worried about eating in front of me than I was watching them eat which made me laugh !! I was going to take a book and a shake but decided not to !! just one of those things and as long as we all understand it's not a problem for us. Have to say the thought of an onion bhaji and massala - oh no not going there ........................

Back