foodfairy's food diary :)

grrrrr, todays been a total disaster!!
have eaten lots of rubbish and cant stop :eek:

will get on top of this bingeing tomorrow and back on track :eek:
Oh dont be sad sweety we all have out off days. I am sure you can pick your self up from this. Remind me of what I have just said when I have an off day which I know I will.:D

Ok Foodfairy! :) Pick yourself up, dust yourself down and start again! It's a new day tomorrow! We all have times when we just fall off the path and can't get back on again as easily as we thought we would. It happens and after all, we have to live life and enjoy it at the same time. Don't be so hard on yourself honey. You've done so well. You'll get back on it again, I know you will. Something that always used to help me get back on track was sitting down and planning the next couple of days meals. Your weigh in is Thursday isn't it? If you plan carefully you could just about break even and stay the same! Let me know how you get on with tomorrow's meals hon and stay POSITIVE!!! I know you can do it!:) xx

Hi Foodfairy

I can completely sympathise with you, i had the same thing the week before when i went out and got hammered, its so easy to slip back into bad habits when you have a hangover, it took me 2 days to stop eating rubbish, i had to give myself a proper talking to and then got back on track. I know that you will do the same - just give yourself a kick up the bum, step away from the cake and get back on the wagon!!! xx

thanks girls :D
it is hard to get back on track once you've blown it but so far so good today :)

i made a yummy sw quiche yesterday, gunna have half of it for lunch with my homemade sw friendly tomato & basil soup ;) and i also made a GORGEOUS scan bran cake for 9 syns which i plan on having half with a cuppa tonight!!

scan brans good for something at least lol :D

Glad to hear you're back on track! 9 syns for a cake sounds a lot. Have you not been given the recipe for sticky toffee pudding yet? I think you can have it as a healthy b choice and 6 syns. I'm at work at the moment so don't have it with me but will try and get round to posting it on here for you tonight. Stick with it - you're doing great!

thanks loopylou, have taken your good advice and planned out a few meals for next week ( have the rest of this week covered allready ) and have been through a few old sw mags that have been gathering dust and marked off new recipes that im gunna try including sw lancashire hot pot, sw creamy mac cheese and a risotto thing :)

im really looking forward to trying them out - they look fab in the mags!!

the scan bran cake i made is gorgeous, you can either count it as 1 heb choice + 6.5 syns or 9 syns for the lot. it really doesnt taste like 'diet food' and i couldnt wait till supper so had half just now with a cuppa lol :p

please post the sticky toffee recipe when you've got time, it sounds really nice, thanks hun :D

the scan bran cake i made is gorgeous, you can either count it as 1 heb choice + 6.5 syns or 9 syns for the lot. it really doesnt taste like 'diet food' and i couldnt wait till supper so had half just now with a cuppa lol :p

Hi, could you please post the scan bran cake recipe - it sounds delish! I'll look forward to the toffee pudding too :D thanks, love ff x p.s. lost 2.5 lbs this week :D:D:D

Well done to both of you! Food fairy for getting right on back in there and planning ahead and Fighting Flab for shedding 2.5 pounds - both fantastic!!!

OK, Toffee pudding recipe....

You're gonna need: 4 scan bran, 1 level tablespoon golden syrup, 1 sachet of Options - Tempting Toffee flavour, 1 Weetabix, 2/3 tablespoons of sweetner (candarel or the like) and 2 eggs.....

Soak the scan bran in boiling water to soften, then drain and mash. Break the weetabix up in it, add the sweetner, the Options and the syrup and mist well. Beat the eggs together in separate bowl and gradually add the eggs to the mixture. Stick in the microwave for 8 minutes. When cooked the cake should be springy to the touch and the sides of the cake should come away from the bowel easily with a sharp knife. I normally do this in a pudding bowl! I've also started to add a drop of water to the mix too as sometimes it can be a bit dry! Syns for the whole cake - 10 OR 6 syns and 1 Healthy Extra B choice! I tend to make it and eat the whole thing - with a nice cuppa!!!

Let me know what you thing girls - everyone in my class seems to live off of it!

Food fairy, I think I may have the same choc cake recipe as you - has it got 5 scan bran, 3 eggs, golden syrup, cocoa power and sweetner in and for the whole cake is 9 syns?? If not, let me know and i'll post this one too for you!

I have my weigh in on Thursday evening - I always go into panic mode even though i've been good - don't know why! And nope, i've not managed to get rid of the scales yet - I just can't do it - it's a bad addiction!

loopyloo xxxx

Let me know what you thing girls - everyone in my class seems to live off of it!
Oooooooh that sounds soooooo gooooood :drool: I just need to get some eggs and syrup and I'm sorted. I'll try it out this weekend and let you know.

Food fairy, I think I may have the same choc cake recipe as you - has it got 5 scan bran, 3 eggs, golden syrup, cocoa power and sweetner in and for the whole cake is 9 syns?? If not, let me know and i'll post this one too for you!
Please, please, please somebody post it - it sounds wonderfull :sign0009:

I have my weigh in on Thursday evening - I always go into panic mode even though i've been good - don't know why! And nope, i've not managed to get rid of the scales yet - I just can't do it - it's a bad addiction!

Good luck for your weigh in - I don't go into panic mode but I do worry and don't eat or drink anything for a couple of hours before! And I've got the scales addiction too - you're not alone :sigh:

Love ff x

Ok I am probably going to sound really thick now but what is Scan Bran I have never heard of it.:confused:

It's amazing stuff. As far as I know it's only available from Slimming World. How to describe it :confused: ...it's a bit like a riveta made of all bran :D and if you don't like the taste of them they double as floor tiles so you can't lose :D:D:D

I'm one of the weird ones - I actually quite like them. I usually have them with a laughing cow extra light cheese triangle spread on top and sometimes a slice or two of tomato too. They have another fab side-effect...they are something like 80% fibre so...they keep ya regula luv :eek: :eek:

love ff x

OK fighting flab - ..... just for you.... the chocolate cake!

you will need.... 5 scan bran (boy will you go to the loo!!), 3 beaten eggs, 1 tablespoon golden syrup, 1 oz cocoa power and 3/4 tablespoons of sweetner (but adjust according to how sweet you like things - it takes a couple of goes before you get it right for your own taste buds!!) Right ....

Soak the scan bran in boiling water to soften, drain and mash them. Mix all the other ingredient together and put in a bowl. (I normally use a desert bowl). Microwave on high for about 7 minutes. It should be springy to the touch! I normally anything like this with fresh rasberries and a toffee muller lite yoghurt over it - absolutely scrummy!! That's it hon The whole cake is just 9 syns!!! So you can have the whole thing all to yourself!!

I'll report back tomorrow night with my loss/gain - although i've been 100% so shouldn't be a gain - but you just never know what your body is gonna do on scales night!! I've been exercising 5 times a week too - so hopefuly that should help! Let me know what you think about the two cakes and if I get any more recipes at class, i'll post them on here for you. My class is fab for things like this - its cake that keeps me going!

loopyloo xx

It's amazing stuff. As far as I know it's only available from Slimming World. How to describe it :confused: ...it's a bit like a riveta made of all bran :D and if you don't like the taste of them they double as floor tiles so you can't lose :D:D:D

I'm one of the weird ones - I actually quite like them. I usually have them with a laughing cow extra light cheese triangle spread on top and sometimes a slice or two of tomato too. They have another fab side-effect...they are something like 80% fibre so...they keep ya regula luv :eek: :eek:

love ff x

Thanks for that ff do you get them from the the weekly meetings because I have not seen them, thx.:D

OK fighting flab - ..... just for you.... the chocolate cake!

you will need.... 5 scan bran (boy will you go to the loo!!), 3 beaten eggs, 1 tablespoon golden syrup, 1 oz cocoa power and 3/4 tablespoons of sweetner (but adjust according to how sweet you like things - it takes a couple of goes before you get it right for your own taste buds!!) Right ....

Soak the scan bran in boiling water to soften, drain and mash them. Mix all the other ingredient together and put in a bowl. (I normally use a desert bowl). Microwave on high for about 7 minutes. It should be springy to the touch! I normally anything like this with fresh rasberries and a toffee muller lite yoghurt over it - absolutely scrummy!! That's it hon The whole cake is just 9 syns!!! So you can have the whole thing all to yourself!!

:drool::drool::drool::drool: mmmmmmmmmmmmm
Guess what I'll be making this weekend! :D:D:D

- its cake that keeps me going!

...literally...if you're eating all that scan bran!! ;):D

love ff x

thats the one loopylou :D im making a parkin version tomorrow using porridge oats and dark treacle - i'll post the recipe tomorrow!!

you can also buy scan bran in holland & barrat but its slightly more expensive than if you buy it from a sw class ;)

you know, i wondered why id been going alot more in the last 2 days - its the bloody scan bran cake :p:p:p!!!

The parkin version would be good to have when you get a mo - it's nice to have a change!! Scan bran is responsible for my regular trips to the loo!!! It keeps you nice and regular which is great for me as if I stick to a red week I get a bit constipated!!!

Had my weigh in tonight and lost a pound - again! It's the same every week. Plod plod plod! Just seems to be coming off so slowly and what with all the running I do - I just doesn't seem fair - and I'm 110% on the plan all the time!! I suppose it's a step in the right direction though!! I've now lost 7.5 pounds in four weeks - so I suppose all tolled, it's not too bad!!! Oh well, plod on I suppose.

How did you get on at your weigh in??

xx

got a confession.....just been to the cafe with my mates and had a big fry up and lots of white toast with butter :eek:.....i'll pretend it never happened though :eek:

parkin scan bran cake.....

5 scan bran soaked in water and them mashed up.
28g porridge oats
15g sweetener
1tsp cinnamon
1tbs dark treacle
3 beaten eggs

mix alltogether and cook same as the chocolate one, its in the oven as i speak, gunna have half of it with a cuppa before i go to work, its smelling gorgeous!!! :D

lol sonia, thanks :D

forgot to say, parkin sb cake is either 1 heb + 4 syns or 6.5 syns for the whole lot :)

Back