Foods that are low in calories

For my lunch I've started having cottage cheese mixed with a quorn chicken fillet. So low calorie yet so yummy and filling.

Mr men icecreams! I got a box from asda the other day. only 35cals each, they come in orange & vanilla, and raspberry &vanilla. Both yummy and very few calories! Excellent!

i think porridge and muesli are quite low and filling.
and solero ice cream is about 100kcal or the weight watchers yoghurts(i usually get them in sainsbury's) i think are around 60kcal, sometimes less, sometimes more.
the other day, i bought this big bunch of kiwi, strawberry, grapes, honeymelon, banana, apple and pear and i mixed it with some big tub low cal(around 60kcal/100g) natural yoghurt. and i was surprised at how much i could eat for around 600kcal, and it was REALLY filling.lol and yummy.

Last edited:
WOW bluehail -how did you lose all your weight??!! was it just by cal counting? xx

A fab one is Tesco's frozen steamed veg, they come in one big pack and inside is 4 littler clear packets, there's broccolli, sweetcorn and carrot (think there's other varieties too - but this one is perfect for me as its the veg i love and REALLY tasty) - you put the bags in the microwave for 4mins and serve! I have it will all my meals - jacket potatoes, ww ready meals and have this to bulk it up, or its a REALLY nice snack - if i've had all my cals and am going to stray i heat up 2 bags of this and have in a bowl, sometimes with pickled onions and beetroot - yummy! xx

I think vegs mostly - for natural foods. :D

i found quorn peppered steaks the other day! they r 100 cals per steak and i have one with some salad and a dollop of virtually fat free cottage cheese! very tasty and filling

I find myself in need of a constant pick-me-up at the office where I work so I always take in loads of ultra low-cal cup a soups to have at my desk, its like a savoury cup of tea, I love them! And eating little and often keeps your metabolism going through the day, great for energy slumps :D

Are these the 10 cal soups from morrisons cos I love those, particularly the onion one (funnily enough!!) they're good value too only 42p for 6 bargin!
cucumber has got to be my fave snack, only 10cal for 100g brilliant!:D

hiya all, When my friend and I go out, it's always a fatty trip to McDonalds for lunch, but I've done my research and come up with this:

A subway veggie delite 6in on wheatbread is only around 200-210 calories stuffed with all the veggies you want

Add to that 40 cals for sweet onion sauce as a really tasty mayo substitute.

And an extra 60 cals for cheese if you feel like pushing the boat out (but, you know you can live without that cheese :p)

Oo good info about the subway. I've often been past subway and wanted to get something but assumed that it'd all be a zillion calories so stayed away. It'll be handy to know when I'm on the run and need lunch!

Hartleys low cal jelly...10 cals a pot
john west light lunch tuna lime & coriander..260 cals.:D

Ghurkins!
A WHOLE huge 340g jar is less than 100 cals!

I adore them!

I have been reading however that gherkins are really not a good thing to eat if you are trying to lose weight. Google it, a lot comes up.
Gutting seeing as they are my favourite food!

Heinz baked beans snack pot.. 70cal and 2 slices of weightwatchers brown toast 84cal.

pickled onions are a good snack at only about 10 cals for 4 or 5. They are so acidic that they satisfy your need to eat something afterwards. Worth a try!

Hey I love love love tescos large salt and vinegar
rice cakes =28 cal each smothered in extra light Philly
I buy the little pots of Philly and for each pot it's 38 cals
i normally have an afternoon snack of two rice cakes with
a pot of Philly which totals just 98 cals and is super yum!!

Love this bit of the forum..
Thanks guys
lowela x

rice cakes (27 calories each) and dairy lee triangle (27 calories per triangle) : such a good snack

also if i feel like something sweet i get them little baby food dessert pots, they vary from about 50-80 calories and i think it helps the craving. :)

rice cakes (27 calories each) and dairy lee triangle (27 calories per triangle) : such a good snack

also if i feel like something sweet i get them little baby food dessert pots, they vary from about 50-80 calories and i think it helps the craving. :)

Thank God I'm not the only adult person who eats baby food desserts, haha.

Back