For the ladies

pizzle84

I will do this!!!
So i got a mirena coil fitted 2 1/2 years ago and haven't had a period since, not even when i did LT. But today iv got stomach pains and i feel bloated (throught i was bunged up!!!) but it seem im having my period. Why is it after so many years im having one noe? is it a side effect of exante? Sorry about the thread being too crude :(

I only have a period a couple of times a year because i have polysystic ovaries. Since starting VLCD almost 7 weeks ago, i have had 2 so far and looks like i'm back to "normal" almost overnight. It's really strange. Sorry can't specifically answer your question, but i'd think it was just your body's response to the diet - if you are worried i'd get it checked out with your GP but i doubt they'd have much to say. It is amazing how people react to VLCD though, just recently in the press there was research saying how 2 months of VLCD can cure diabetes for some people. Also, cures epilepsy for some. Amazing really, the benefits of VLCD are huge.

it must be this diet because i have't changed anything else. I think the body is amazing so this much change must have some reactions.

Hi, I also have a mirena coil, and although it hadn't stopped my periods, or made them a whole lot better in the 18 months I've had it. I have had 2 particullarly nasty ones in the 6 weeks I've been on exante. I know that when I was a cuople of stone heavier my periods were random, I also have PCOS, and few and far between, but when I lost a bit they became more regular then. I wasn't on exante then. I'm babbling a bit now, sorry, but just wanted to let you know, Me Too!!!! The joys of being a chick eh?? :sigh:

yeah its great!! just getting to remember the joys of stomach cramps! :(

Back