For those ppl who ask why we need our Healthy Extra A

julesm

Slimming World
That is interesting

I have always had quite a lot of dairy... even now most of my syns go on dairy, each day I have
EE days are:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 250ml semi (6)
  • activia intensely yogs (2.5) x 2
red days are :-
  • 250ml semi (A)x2
  • 250ml semi (6)
  • activia yogs (2.5) x 2
green days:-
  • 250ml semi (A) x 2
  • 28g cheddar(or equivalent) (B)
  • 250ml semi (6)
  • 2 activia yogs (2.5)x2
I do like my dairy :p

This was featured on a BBC programme, about a year or so ago, and then shown again a few weeks ago.

I really struggle to eat my HEA and on average will only get HEA 3 or 4 times a week, this is really interesting and encourages me that I really should try to eat more dairy

PurpleSky said:
low fat dairy is really good for you if you are slimming. I have to be careful on quanities or i get quite ill, but a little bit of milk or cheese now and again is always good

Snap! Constantly running to the loo which is why I don't have too much, plus I hate butter, milk and eggs unless they are actually cooked in something which is why I struggle getting my HEA cos it's cheese (which sometimes effects me too), also don't want to get in habit of nibbling on cheese just to get my HEA x

Have you tried lacto free or goats milk? As i fidn its a lot easier on my system, though still cant consume a lot of it. Oat milk is actually very pleasant. I know not dairy but still fortified with calcium and a good replacement.

Also try yogurt as its gentler as well as not as much lactose or something like that :D

PurpleSky said:
Have you tried lacto free or goats milk? As i fidn its a lot easier on my system, though still cant consume a lot of it. Oat milk is actually very pleasant. I know not dairy but still fortified with calcium and a good replacement.

Also try yogurt as its gentler as well as not as much lactose or something like that :D

I don't like the taste of milk either so unless it tastes like something else I dont think I'd like that either lol!

I try and eat yoghurt cos I know I should but it's not my favourite (sometimes I buy them, they sit in fridge and then go out of date so I have to throw them out.. Oops!), thanks for inspiring me though, I have bought some yoghurts today and my goal for this week is to try and eat them all!

Thanks again x

Goats milk can be an urmm acquired taste lol. My son suffered from an acute dairy allergy(only last 9 months thank goodness) so we had fun finding alternatives and oat milk was the nicest good for everything really. But also it has something to do with the calcium content too remember a lot of leafy greens have calcium in, i do have a list somewhere, will see if i can dig it out

Also anytime will try and help as much as poss :D

Last edited:
I don't like the taste of milk either so unless it tastes like something else I dont think I'd like that either lol!

We go through approx 50 pints of milk a week in my house!!!!

Very interesting !!! We love our dairy too .... use lots of milk and yoghurts ... we are also partial to a little cheese x

does anyone care to summarise what's in the video?

In a nutshell it found that following a diet with a high intake of low fat dairy products results in twice the amount of fat excreted by the body, which can amount to around 2 kilos of fat being excreted every year.

Back