Fraggles New Atkins diary

Had a bit of a mishap. Was merrily preparing some lunches by making a meatloaf and some lamb burgers that I could take to work and reheat. Unfortunately I may have forgotten to take them out the oven. 4 hours later (very forgetful) I have some very dry (luckily not burnt) meatloaf and very crispy burgers. They taste all right but are so dry especially since I used flaxseed to help bind them. Unfortunately I used 2kg of mince to make them so I have about 2 weeks worth to get through still. May have to get creative with some sauces.

Weigh in tomorrow and finally I seem to have broken the stall, fingers crossed all should be ok.

Oh dear about the meat - how about using them in somesort of casserole thing?

Good luck for your wi xx

LOL Fraggle sounds like one of my kitchen mishaps - what about soaking them in a teensy bit of water?

Otherwise, when in doubt, apply mayo! :)

I left a pork belly in for about 12 hours once. Practically made my own pork crunch. Good luck for your WI xx

2lb for me this week which at least means I have lost what I gained last week plus a bit. Now things seem to have got shifting again. Seem to be the polyols to blame as I'm still eating cheese at the moment although I have cut back a bit.

Went out for my mums birthday dinner last night and had Ribeye with a rocket and parmesan salad with baked Camembert and salami to start which was yummy. Off out tonight for hubby's birthday meal and going to a Greek restaurant so planning on going for a mixed kebab with Greek salad (minus the tomatoes). YUM YUM YUM.

Hubby is off to Malta tues so thinking I will use up some of my exante shakes while he's away and then go back to Atkins when he gets back. Hoping to have a quick loss for a couple of weeks to make up for getting behind on my goal. Only a stone behind how difficult can it be ;)

Morning Fraggle. Well done on the loss and heading on your way down:)

Sounds like you have cracked the eating out - it's amazing how doable it is really!
I have to admit that i wouldnt be able to live on shakes - love my food too much :)
Have a great weekend
X

Morning Fraggle, ah those damned poluols

Sooooo tired today. Have just had lunch and really want to just pig out still. Loads of treats around the office too - urgh!

I WILL BE STRONG!!!

Evening Fraggle - hope you stayed strong. Have a great week :)

I did stay strong and finally the weight seems to be coming back off.
Food today:
B: Rich chocolate MiM
L: chicken bacon and emmental with mayo
D: seafood stirfry
W: lots hopefully
E: Gillian

Morning fraggle, that's good to hear love

It's so true. My company provide "treats" every Friday of pizza or sausage rolls or doughnuts and pastries. On top of that my team have a tradition of bringing treats back from holidays and on birthdays. With 20 of us on the team that's alot of treats. Haven't had a single one since Jan 1st so feeling pretty strong now.

Treated myself to new sunglasses and flip-flops in oasis for my hols today instead.

Hi fraggles - agree offices dangerous. I have managed to use them to get rid of oversupplies of choccies before now though so it works both ways :)

Another idea is persuade everyone (including the company) to go on a health kick and provide fruit instead of goodies. Not much use for atkins but if you have to be tempted still better for everyone!

Evening Fraggles - we have fish and chip friday when we hit the monthly production target - the smell just permeates the whole building! I managed to say no last time and hope to this time too - fingers crossed.

Morning Fraggles.

LOL Rose, I pass a chippie on the way home from work, worse it's on the corner by a traffic light. I always wind the window down and sniff it all in. :D

I find I do that with Red Wine. A good sniff goes a long way.

Today I have :

B: Rich Chocolate Mim (Soooo in love with these)
L: Chicken Bacon and Cheese with Mayo
D: Steak with Asparagus, Corgettes and Cauliflower mash
S: Pepperami
W: 3 litres I hope
E: Maybe

Hmmmm trying to decide whether to go down the shakes route or not.

I've just about cleared out my fridge and I either need to go do a food shop or stick to my original plan of shakes till hubby gets home. I'm just so happy to finally have cracked this diet and getting steady losses do I really want to risk it. On the other hand if I do the shakes for 2 weeks I might regain some of the ground I lost and I now know what works when i come back to it. Decisions, decisions.
Anyone flitted between the two before and want to weigh in (excuse the pun)

Back