Frances' New House, New Life, New Start Diary...

Dubchick81

Finally Pregnant!!
Hello all and welcome to my new Diary..
I have decided to start this New Diary to keep track of my NEW LIFE :)

So my plan all along has been to start exercising regularly and eating good, healthy wholesome meals when I move in to my house.. Well, I've moved in now.. So no more excused.. Time to get a move on...

So.. As soon as my new WW week starts.. I will log EVERTYTHING that crosses my lips on here.. I will also note my weight on the day of this thread officially kicking off so in 6months or a year I can tell exactly how good/bad I have been...

Please feel free to correct where I have mispointed something and give suggestions on how to improve any meal I track.. All tips and advise is very welcome...

Here goes...

yay!!!! subscribing!!! will you just be here not on your other one? xxx

yay!!!! subscribing!!! will you just be here not on your other one? xxx
Just here as of Saturday.. That's Day 1 of my new week..
I'll obviously still be subscribed to the other one so any comments to there I'll get..

oky doke!! bring on Saturday ;) xx

Welcome to the sf forum!!

Yea me too.. This is a lifestyle change for me.. I don't want to lose the weight to gain it all back.. I want to learn to eat what's good for my body long term.. See you've found my diary there so we can chat away on there instead of hi-jacking this thread.. lol

Thought i'd lift the quote so you knew what i was rambling on about.

This is the big thing with me too. I want to learn healthy "normals" for every day, so that the normals my kids grow up with are better than the ones i did if that makes sense. To change my life forever so that i don't end up back trying to lose weight like i have been for the last eight odd years x

Thought i'd lift the quote so you knew what i was rambling on about.

This is the big thing with me too. I want to learn healthy "normals" for every day, so that the normals my kids grow up with are better than the ones i did if that makes sense. To change my life forever so that i don't end up back trying to lose weight like i have been for the last eight odd years x
Makes perfect sense.. Its my intention too, kinda.. I don't have kids yet but when I'm lucky enough to be blessed with 1 (lets take it 1 at a time lol) I want them to grow up eating and enjoying veg n proper dinners..
I don't at all blame my Mam for my weight issue or for feeding me the wrong foods.. I was a complete and utter nightmare when I younger when it came to eating.. As in.. I wouldn't!! So whatever food she could manage to get me to eat she was happy with and gave me lotz of it.. To the point I couldn't stand it anymore coz I'd have had it so often..
My primary school sent out so many social workers to my Mam to investigate that I wasn't being starved or ill treated coz I was always severly underweight.. Oh how things have changed.. lol

Makes perfect sense.. Its my intention too, kinda.. I don't have kids yet but when I'm lucky enough to be blessed with 1 (lets take it 1 at a time lol) I want them to grow up eating and enjoying veg n proper dinners..
I don't at all blame my Mam for my weight issue or for feeding me the wrong foods.. I was a complete and utter nightmare when I younger when it came to eating.. As in.. I wouldn't!! So whatever food she could manage to get me to eat she was happy with and gave me lotz of it.. To the point I couldn't stand it anymore coz I'd have had it so often..
My primary school sent out so many social workers to my Mam to investigate that I wasn't being starved or ill treated coz I was always severly underweight.. Oh how things have changed.. lol

LOL we were taking it one at a time but got twins ;) wouldnt change it though, I am very proud to say they eat their veg before anything else lol. I don't blame my parents at all - i'm big enough and ugly enough to make my own decisions and legt home at 18, i'm just determined that the normals around my kids will be more along the lines of what i think they are now if you know what i mean? Ours was very much clear your plate, make sure you were full up etc.... Plus they have terrible food habits, bingeing, not throwing food away etc. Like i say i don't blame them, i just think that every behaviour is a learned behaviour? Certainly they guide how we end up.

Are you doing PP or SF from Saturday? Are you still a fussy eater? x

LOL we were taking it one at a time but got twins ;) wouldnt change it though, I am very proud to say they eat their veg before anything else lol. I don't blame my parents at all - i'm big enough and ugly enough to make my own decisions and legt home at 18, i'm just determined that the normals around my kids will be more along the lines of what i think they are now if you know what i mean? Ours was very much clear your plate, make sure you were full up etc.... Plus they have terrible food habits, bingeing, not throwing food away etc. Like i say i don't blame them, i just think that every behaviour is a learned behaviour? Certainly they guide how we end up.

Are you doing PP or SF from Saturday? Are you still a fussy eater? x
Exactly, my parents were the same. Eat every morsel. Don't waste anything.. But I think it was more to do with hard times than anything.. And their lives were much harder so it really was a case of eat it up coz we don't know where the next meal is coming from (I mean when they were growing up, not me lol)

From Saturday I'll be doing Simply Filling.. With cooking for 2 of us now I think it'll be easier than trying to weigh out my portion exactly n all that jazz.. Tho TBH SF suits me allot better. When I'm being 100% good I find it really hard to use up all my dailies and get stressed that I'm not eating enough and end up eating rubbish or having a late sandwich or similar just to use up more PP's.. I wouldn't be hungry but apparently you have to use all dailies so to use them I was eating when I wasn't hungry and it was really getting me down..
So as I cook my meals from fresh anyway, SF seemed the way to go for me.. And when I do it properly I do well.. I wasn't losing every week but I felt much better. Less lathargic n bloated n skin was much better.. And as long as I feel good, I'm not too phased (anymore) by what the scales says..
It did take time to teach myself to step away from the table when i was satisfied and not to keep eating until the plate was empty.. but I got there and its what I do now regardless of whether I'm having a day off or not..

Just thinking.. We're having a get together/drinks session in our house on Saturday so there'll be champers/prosecco/bulmers light/vodka drank in collosol amounts.. So I'll track up until people start coming over.. Then start tracking again Sunday.. I'll cook a chicken early on Saturday to do for Sundays dinner so i'm not tempted to call the chipper for dinner :D I'll do my level best to get straight back on plan Sunday.. And i'm starting the C25K Monday too so that will help earn back the PP's used on drink Saturday night...

Exactly, my parents were the same. Eat every morsel. Don't waste anything.. But I think it was more to do with hard times than anything.. And their lives were much harder so it really was a case of eat it up coz we don't know where the next meal is coming from (I mean when they were growing up, not me lol)

Definitely this - every meal in my house came with bread, to be sure you were full..... and here i am unable to fill myself up lol

From Saturday I'll be doing Simply Filling.. With cooking for 2 of us now I think it'll be easier than trying to weigh out my portion exactly n all that jazz.. Tho TBH SF suits me allot better. When I'm being 100% good I find it really hard to use up all my dailies and get stressed that I'm not eating enough and end up eating rubbish or having a late sandwich or similar just to use up more PP's.. I wouldn't be hungry but apparently you have to use all dailies so to use them I was eating when I wasn't hungry and it was really getting me down..
So as I cook my meals from fresh anyway, SF seemed the way to go for me.. And when I do it properly I do well.. I wasn't losing every week but I felt much better. Less lathargic n bloated n skin was much better.. And as long as I feel good, I'm not too phased (anymore) by what the scales says..
It did take time to teach myself to step away from the table when i was satisfied and not to keep eating until the plate was empty.. but I got there and its what I do now regardless of whether I'm having a day off or not..

See i can't do the sf yet, i need to learn the portion control first. I don't believe in the having to use up all the points though, especially if you're eating enough fruit and veg as this will make up the defecit. I think that people say it more as some people think that if they don't eat them then they'll lose quicker etc. It's definitely a great lifestyle one though if you have the self control. I hope one day in the future for me, but a while to go as yet. I had a gain last week but like you have finally made my peace with the scales. It's not great, but it's what it is and the numbers will follow. As long as i'm making the right choices for a healthy lifestyle then i call that a success.

Just thinking.. We're having a get together/drinks session in our house on Saturday so there'll be champers/prosecco/bulmers light/vodka drank in collosol amounts.. So I'll track up until people start coming over.. Then start tracking again Sunday.. I'll cook a chicken early on Saturday to do for Sundays dinner so i'm not tempted to call the chipper for dinner :D I'll do my level best to get straight back on plan Sunday.. And i'm starting the C25K Monday too so that will help earn back the PP's used on drink Saturday night...

Mmm this all sounds good!! Enjoy your night :) have no doubt you'll get straight back to it. x

Dubchick81 said:

These are the exact reasons I do SF and why I'm basing my 'new' regime on SF. I snack a lot less on SF too.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Yea I definitely snack less on sf and less naughty snacking! Saturday night sounds like a lot of fun,good idea about getting Sundays dinner done before hand so you don't have to worry about it :0)

Definitely this - every meal in my house came with bread, to be sure you were full..... and here i am unable to fill myself up lol

See i can't do the sf yet, i need to learn the portion control first. I don't believe in the having to use up all the points though, especially if you're eating enough fruit and veg as this will make up the defecit. I think that people say it more as some people think that if they don't eat them then they'll lose quicker etc. It's definitely a great lifestyle one though if you have the self control. I hope one day in the future for me, but a while to go as yet. I had a gain last week but like you have finally made my peace with the scales. It's not great, but it's what it is and the numbers will follow. As long as i'm making the right choices for a healthy lifestyle then i call that a success.

Mmm this all sounds good!! Enjoy your night :) have no doubt you'll get straight back to it. x
It took me a long while to getting to being able to stop before the plate is empty.. Believe me!! I started WW Jan 2011 and I'd say it was only in the last month r 2 that I've realised there will be more food later if I'm hungry.. I dont have to clear my plate.. You'll get there..

These are the exact reasons I do SF and why I'm basing my 'new' regime on SF. I snack a lot less on SF too.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins
Yea me too Tracy. I also find if I do snack its on fruit or egg-in-a-cup :D Love egg in a cup :)

Yea I definitely snack less on sf and less naughty snacking! Saturday night sounds like a lot of fun,good idea about getting Sundays dinner done before hand so you don't have to worry about it :0)

Yea if I have to do anything Sunday I know I won't bother.. So I got one of those chickens in the foil tray so literally all i have to do is unwrap it and turn on the oven..

Welcome to the SF board. Sounds like a good plan to cook the chicken for Sunday to resist temptation. The day after alcohol is always so much harder to make good choices.

Sounds like a really sensible approach to food that you've got at the moment so hope that your losses reflect that.

What's egg in a cup?! Or is it really that obvious and I shouldn't be such a pleb and ask lol xxx

Back