Frances' New House, New Life, New Start Diary...

Hey lady,
all good down here. Been a mental busy week with school and meetings in the evenings. Poor Luke has hardly seen me after school. He's been passed from pillar to post until Ger is home from work so that he can take over. Ah well, sure it'll calm down soon (I hope!). My friend is coming down on the train tomorrow and i'm super excited - she's so so lovely and it'll be great seeing her :)

Really happy for you with your house news and hope the other stuff has calmed itself down. Hope you've had a good evening and that you enjoyed the spag bol :D
Yea was really nice.. Funny how you don't realise how much u miss a good home cooked meal until you've had one..

That's brilliant news about house! So exciting! :) Good luck with WI in morn. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
Thanks Brona.. You get home ok???

Well, Jonathan niece had a fall during the week and has gone and broken her leg.. She's had an op n is home from hospital n all is OK.. But.. her parents had tickets to go see John Bishop in the O2 tonight and don't wana leave her, so they've given us the tickets :D So excited.. I love Bish :D
So have booked a half day from work to go home, have me shower n start getting ready etc.. Dunno what time it starts so I probably would have enough time to get home from a full day's work.. But i'll have time to chill and get ready at my own pace.. Gona have some of yesterday pasta bolognese for dinner so I don't have to worry about cooking..
Having my hair done in the morning then my Dad's 60th tomoro.. So eventful enough weekend.. Can't wait for Sunday so its all over and I can chill.. Dunno whats happened to me but i'm just in a "just wana chill with my 2 men" mood allot of late.. (2 men being Stringer and Jonathan in case anyone was confused :D)

I'm well jealous about John Bishop:) I have a secret little crush on him..................ooopppsss not secret anymore.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I'm well jealous about John Bishop:) I have a secret little crush on him..................ooopppsss not secret anymore.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins
Ha ha Tracy.. There is defo something cute about him alright.. For a man his age.. ha ha

Ohh enjoy your night out Frances. Sounds great! Nice idea taking the evening off work so you can relax a bit before it, nothing worse than rushing around and then being knackered by the time you get out!
Thank you Laura.. Yea, nothing worse.. I feel I'm rushing then for the night.. can't relax properly..
Weather is SH!T here today so will probably drive in

You kept the stove going?? As in cooker?? :confused:

A wee back boiler stove I have in the family room, instead of an open fire. Not for cooking on, but years ago they kept the teapot/kettle on top.

Oooh John Bishop will be great fun - well jealous :) Enjoy it! I have my Mums bday dinner tonight. I might get either pasta or chicken (I'm already deciding my dinner and I haven't even eaten lunch LOL!!) xx

azwethinkweiz said:
Oooh John Bishop will be great fun - well jealous :) Enjoy it! I have my Mums bday dinner tonight. I might get either pasta or chicken (I'm already deciding my dinner and I haven't even eaten lunch LOL!!) xx

That's the usual for me too Sarah font worry about it :)

So annoyed! Well, a little annoyed ha...
Rang up for a home insurance quote on 25/10, hit a decent 1 from chill so went with it. Explains we are first time buyers etc n have never had home insurance bla bla. Got my policy out, n it had a no claims discount. Rang up early last week n after an apology they gave me a new quote. Got papers out today, they've included a 3 years no claims discount!!! Are the thick or what?? Seriously!

lol sounds about right for insurance companies!!! mine got my car reg wrong............twice!! two different companies!! lol! so glad we didnt have to sort out buildings insurance!

Its a condition of the mortgage but we'd hav got it either way.. Better to be safe than sorry.. We'v been burnt (literally) before so lesson learnt..
(We had a house fire n no house insurance.. Cost my Dad nearly €20k to get the house back up n running coz he'd no insurance.. And that's without the house having any fancy windows r heating to sort out.. So its something we'd have definitely got whether it was condition or not...

Pain in the arse tho.. Another nearly 2 week to get more papers out :mad: N that's if they ever bloody ring me back

They got it wrong twice? Jaysus now... Someone was asleep doing their job I think! Like meself most days ;)

That's ***** bout insurance company. I have to ring around to get my new quote for his year! Hate ringing for quotes!! Im such a procrastinator when it comes to it!
Sooooo jealous about John Bishop. Would love to go see him! Enjoy! :)

All insurance companys seem to try and put a wee mistake in there. If you don't make it right and something happens the insurance is useless. Ours put in we had a house alarm, we didn't at the time. Then I rang them up to take that off, they said fine, so next letter comes out and its still bloody there, so I went into the branch. I told them what happened on the phone, they said they'd rectify it, sorry about the hassle and so on...next letter, STILL BLOODY THERE. I went back in. They said 'sure it doesn't really matter if you have one or not', so I said if we get broken into it'll matter then, she changed it and printed me a letter at my request to say they'd changed it. I was raging, stupid people!!!!!! ....aaannnddd breath :D

They got it wrong twice? Jaysus now... Someone was asleep doing their job I think! Like meself most days ;)
Sarah she was full of chat when I rang the first time.. Coz I said I'm living in Crumlin while we wait for the sale to go thru so was like oh my Dad is from Crumlin bla bla bla.. Then I gave the address of the house and she was OMG my granny lives just around the corner.. Then it was all do you know this person or that person chat chat chat... I kept tryna bring it back to the quote n eventually got off the phone.. Then the first mistake came..
Then I rang her back, she wasn't as chatty but still too chatty for if she was paying attention.. Then the new policy was taking forever to come out so I rang again.. spoke to a bloke, as him to check it so make sure it was right seen as the bank/solicitor are waiting for it n it STILL came out wrong!!

That's ***** bout insurance company. I have to ring around to get my new quote for his year! Hate ringing for quotes!! Im such a procrastinator when it comes to it!
Sooooo jealous about John Bishop. Would love to go see him! Enjoy! :)
I hate it but I spend hours trawling thru to make sure to get a good deal..
All insurance companys seem to try and put a wee mistake in there. If you don't make it right and something happens the insurance is useless. Ours put in we had a house alarm, we didn't at the time. Then I rang them up to take that off, they said fine, so next letter comes out and its still bloody there, so I went into the branch. I told them what happened on the phone, they said they'd rectify it, sorry about the hassle and so on...next letter, STILL BLOODY THERE. I went back in. They said 'sure it doesn't really matter if you have one or not', so I said if we get broken into it'll matter then, she changed it and printed me a letter at my request to say they'd changed it. I was raging, stupid people!!!!!! ....aaannnddd breath :D

Laura that's exactly it.. Jonathan was like "so feck it. its saving us some money" But like that I said no, hopefully we won't, but if we need it and accept it under them terms it won't be valid.. So annoying.. They better not hold things up!!! We're contracted to close within the month n if we go over we've to pay 16% of the value of the mortgage penalty.. So i'll be demanding they fork out any fee's if they do hold us up.. I've emailed and left a voice message for a call back but nothing yet... The longer it goes on the more annoyed I'm getting

Dubchick81 said:
Its a condition of the mortgage but we'd hav got it either way.. Better to be safe than sorry.. We'v been burnt (literally) before so lesson learnt..
(We had a house fire n no house insurance.. Cost my Dad nearly EUR20k to get the house back up n running coz he'd no insurance.. And that's without the house having any fancy windows r heating to sort out.. So its something we'd have definitely got whether it was condition or not...

Pain in the arse tho.. Another nearly 2 week to get more papers out :mad: N that's if they ever bloody ring me back

O no ours is covered in maintainence costs :) so not a worry to us as that's what we pay them for!! Just had to do contents

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Dads birthday tonight n am taking the car. Can't b doin with a hangover. So not worth it
Had Burger King today :( So much running around to do n didn't get out of hair dressers til like 4pm.. Anyone kno the pp's for double cheeseburger in Bk? N med chips??

Back