Frances' New House, New Life, New Start Diary...

Dubchick81 said:
Well, last night Jonathan had to work late so I was on walking duty on my own.. So I roped my friend in to coming with us..
So off we went on a nice long walk.. Poor Stringer was WRECKED after.. Had a good natter and went home feeling tired but good.. Longer walk than Jonathan would do and with more speed.. Still wasn't a power walk by any means but was nice to feel the heart pumping..
Anyway, on the way to work this morning listening to the news and there's been another shooting in the Capital.. This time very close to home and on Lismore Road.. (about 2 blocks from my house and a 5min walk!) Happened just before 9pm apparently.. This is pretty much where myself and Jonathan would have been at this very time had he not been working on our way back from Stringer walk!! Its getting so bloody scary now..
And we were only saying the other night that when we get to that part of our walk there's so many cars flying around and ppl looking ropey that there's probably something dodgy going on... Well now we know what!!!

OMG that is so scary, certainly makes you think about things. Hope you are ok. Xx

Whoa that's scary!! Any chance ye can avoid that particular road when you go for walks?? I'm so sick of hearing of shootings and stabbings every other day - what is going wrong with this country!!? xx

oh god!!! how scary!!! i am so disgusted with the news atm, in one week the news was April Jones being abducted, Jimmy Saville on child abuse, a dad stabbing his two children to death and then stabbing himself and a 14 year old being arrested for stabbing a 15 year old to death! What the hell is going on!!!! i cant remember the last time i woke up and didnt hear of a new stabbing/shooting/child abuse case. its horrible and no matter where you live it seems this is all getting too close to home! :(

so glad you two werent there!!! can you go for walks earlier maybe just to pre-empt anything and just for caution?! i worry myself when i take Benny out in the morning at 6:45am because its still dark, luckily though we live right near a train station so there are always people walking to the station so its comforting to know others are around. xxx
Can't really go any earlier to be honest.. We leave mine shortly after 8.. As it is he's out the back (in the house for 10 mins here and there but mostly out the back) from just after 9 after his walk until 6ish the next day.. Unless his Dad brings out for 10 mins during the day but he's back working now so that's kinda stopped too (He was off work as he had an op on his foot) Its just so scary to think only the night before at that time we'd have been there.. And every evening before!! We'll adapt our route to a less known "rough" part of Crumlin..

I know its awful tho isn't it?! I don't even read a newspaper anymore its just so depressing.. I'd rather play ignorant to it all.. Its so sad when you have parents killing their kids and then themselves.. You'd wonder WTF is going thru their minds..
OMG that is so scary, certainly makes you think about things. Hope you are ok. Xx
All good Nessa thank you :) x

oh god!!! how scary!!! i am so disgusted with the news atm, in one week the news was April Jones being abducted, Jimmy Saville on child abuse, a dad stabbing his two children to death and then stabbing himself and a 14 year old being arrested for stabbing a 15 year old to death! What the hell is going on!!!! i cant remember the last time i woke up and didnt hear of a new stabbing/shooting/child abuse case. its horrible and no matter where you live it seems this is all getting too close to home! :(

so glad you two werent there!!! can you go for walks earlier maybe just to pre-empt anything and just for caution?! i worry myself when i take Benny out in the morning at 6:45am because its still dark, luckily though we live right near a train station so there are always people walking to the station so its comforting to know others are around. xxx

Whoa that's scary!! Any chance ye can avoid that particular road when you go for walks?? I'm so sick of hearing of shootings and stabbings every other day - what is going wrong with this country!!? xx

Yea Sarah we'll adapt our root.. We were only taking that road to avoid the other one with the dog that attacked Stringer.. but we'll just loop the 2 and add a few mins to our walk.. Keep to the main roads rather than the little thru roads.. Its scary tho to think I most probably heard that bang.. But passed it off as a banger!!

All the shooting here of late have been to do with Freddy Thompson (Crumlin Gang) versus Brian Rattigan (Drimnagh Gang).. As long as they shoot each other that's fine.. They chose that life.. but last night's shooting was apparently a "wrong man" and was intended for someone he was with at the time of the shooting.. And he is only 19 or 20 the youngfella.. So sad what these ppl are getting into

Dubchick81 said:
Arggggghhhhh......

Our reduced offer has been accepted..... :D

Woohoo that's amazing!!!!

wahoooooooo!!! so its all go?! xx
Yup.. We have to get a bank draft or cheque to them with the deposit and get our new offer letter from the bank and they have to send out the valuation surveyor dude..
He said they are eager to tie things up as quickly as possible so hopefully that means they have everything on their end tied up and ready to go :D

Yup.. We have to get a bank draft or cheque to them with the deposit and get our new offer letter from the bank and they have to send out the valuation surveyor dude..
He said they are eager to tie things up as quickly as possible so hopefully that means they have everything on their end tied up and ready to go :D

:eek: oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo how exciting!!!!! xx

Brilliant news hon! Excited for you :) xxx

Thanks Sarah and Tracey.. So chuffed :)

So have been on to the bank who have sent an email to the underwriters for a new offer letter..
And they have already been on to the valuation surveyor who has in turn been on to me to advise the cost and has said he's hoping to get out and do his survey tomoro if the estate agents can let him in.. So far things are moving along nicely.. Lets hope they stay that way :D
Jonathan just needs to get his ass down to the bank to get a bank draft done up to give the deposit...

sounds good so far!!! :D i know what its like they, you dont get fully excited until you in and have the keys in your mitts!!!! still ........... im going to be excited for you!!!! hehehe xxxx

sounds good so far!!! :D i know what its like they, you dont get fully excited until you in and have the keys in your mitts!!!! still ........... im going to be excited for you!!!! hehehe xxxx
I am excited.. but I'm holding back so I'm not quite so burnt if it goes belly up again..

yer exactly how i was! even after we had exchanged contracts and given the deposit!!! still was never convinced ...still feels surreal to think about it even now! lol xx

I know its mental.. Like, when we moved into that other house.. Even tho we were in and things were lookin' like they were about to finalise I just felt like I was walking into someone elses house..
Hmm.. Maybe it was my subconcious telling me not to get too settled eh?!
Anyway am staying grounded until I have a contract, a HUGE loan, and house keys in my hand!! lol

I know its mental.. Like, when we moved into that other house.. Even tho we were in and things were lookin' like they were about to finalise I just felt like I was walking into someone elses house..
Hmm.. Maybe it was my subconcious telling me not to get too settled eh?!
Anyway am staying grounded until I have a contract, a HUGE loan, and house keys in my hand!! lol

yep exactly!!! will feel diff this time as you wont rent to buy just buy! so may feel more yours!!! just when you become a homeowner its like "what....me?!" i didnt know whether run around and jump up and down or to cry or laugh! or scream hahaha xxx

Oh my god you're all grown up like a real adult HEEHEE!! I'm still acting like a teenager scrounging around my parents house ;) I'm so bloody delighted for you though. I was smiling to myself at the desk here like a mentaller :)

azwethinkweiz said:
Oh my god you're all grown up like a real adult HEEHEE!! I'm still acting like a teenager scrounging around my parents house ;) I'm so bloody delighted for you though. I was smiling to myself at the desk here like a mentaller :)

Sarah, your the sensible one. I'd love to be still scrounging around my parents.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Sarah, your the sensible one. I'd love to be still scrounging around my parents.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hahaha... I'm not _entirely_ scrounging. I buy my share of groceries and I pay them rent every month. But it's still money saved on what I would have to pay if I lived alone... there's no room to save any money though - living month to month at the mo.

Back