Freezer Eat Down!

i was having a freezer eat down but yesterday had a mega reduced to clear haul at my local co op
got a bag of potatoes 2xpacks carrots 2xpacks Green beans 1x mangetout a lettuce 2x cress 4x packs of on the vine tomatoes 4x asparagus 7 x half cucumbers and 2 packs of pea shoots so now im making meals with those in mind but when you get all that superfree for less than a tenner you cant not get it

Found some Lambs Liver at least I think it is lol
It's a bit misshapen
So it's Liver with Bacon Mash and onion gravy tonight

Still have plenty in there

i have been doing this for last few days as i may be moving house soon and i have a fridge freezer and a chest freezer so started to do the same todays dinner is chicken bought a bit ago with pasta thats also been sat in freezer for a bit

today i have taken out a pack of chicken breasts......cant decide wether i want pizza chicken with them or to make a rissotto though,lol
also taken out two mini magnum type ice creams(aldi's own) for my girl's afters.

Last edited:
I've got a new fridge freezer coming on 7th July so I want to empty my freezer, however I can't cook much with only a microwave and slow cooker but I'll try!

My worst freezer habit is freezing leftovers and not labelling them. So I play 'freezer roulette'! Quite fun really!

When I cleared out my kitchen I was amazed and ashamedly proud (does that make sense?) of how much food was in my cupboard!
My mother was a feckless alcoholic who let her children starve, my Scarlett O'Hara vow was that my children would never know hunger pain like that, and they never have! But I need to take control now!

You know those giant bags for life? Well I filled to capacity three of those from one cupboard alone!!!! Another one with my two small cupboards, three baking trays of jars herbs and spices.
I binned three bin liners of food!!

My freezer currently has loads of veg/garlic/chilli.
More mince than you'd want to eat in a month, fish in sauce (must look up the syn values). Chicken breasts, and crap that my hubby buys himself.

I might have to make a new kitchen resolution!

Oooh are you having a new kitchen? I think we need one as ours is over 20 years old and my big oven can't be repaired so I've only got a little oven at the moment. The snag is that my cooker is 900mm wide and I can't find one that is all gas to replace it. Can't buy electric as we don't have a super strong electricity point that you need for cookers.we just put off making a decision until the small oven gives up as well.

supergran52 said:
Oooh are you having a new kitchen? I think we need one as ours is over 20 years old and my big oven can't be repaired so I've only got a little oven at the moment. The snag is that my cooker is 900mm wide and I can't find one that is all gas to replace it. Can't buy electric as we don't have a super strong electricity point that you need for cookers.we just put off making a decision until the small oven gives up as well.

Yup! A dear friend lent me the money on a loooong loan bless her! My brother is fitting it. I'm a lucky girly!

a pack of sausages out defrosting ready for tea tonight

. . . My worst freezer habit is freezing leftovers and not labelling them. So I play 'freezer roulette'! Quite fun really

Just had a good giggle at this as I suspect there are lots around who do this. I'm certainly on the list.
Hubby's a bit better - mind you only a BIT. And yes, we've had plenty of freezer roulette meals too in the past.

No food out of freezer today - we are going to the local to watch the Spain / Portugal match, and treat myself to as syn free meal as possible!!!
That should be fun . . . the Battle of the Iberian Penisula . . .
And LOUD. . . the Spanish take their football seriously and get VERY involved.

Mumma K said:
Chicken has been defrosted
Katsu Curry sauce made ( yum )
and it's Katsu Chicken Curry tonight

I feel like I need this recipe in my life - I LOVE katsu curry from waga's. How do you make it?

sparty said:
I feel like I need this recipe in my life - I LOVE katsu curry from waga's. How do you make it?

Batter chicken till flat
I then dipped in egg and breadcrumbs using my heb
and baked in the oven for 25 minutes

Meanwhile
2 large onions sweated down
Add
1 tbs of turmeric
1 tbs of mild curry
1 pint chicken stock simmer for 20 minutes
Blitz sauce to a smooth consistency

Cut chicken into strips serve with Rice and add sauce on nom nom

@Shirleen "My worst freezer habit is freezing leftovers and not labelling them. So I play 'freezer roulette'! Quite fun really!"

In my sister's world they're called UFOs. She works in a college and sometimes staff bring out a UFO for lunch and everyone's intrigued by what it might turn out to be. Including the person who plans on eating it :)

Mumma K said:
Batter chicken till flat
I then dipped in egg and breadcrumbs using my heb
and baked in the oven for 25 minutes

Meanwhile
2 large onions sweated down
Add
1 tbs of turmeric
1 tbs of mild curry
1 pint chicken stock simmer for 20 minutes
Blitz sauce to a smooth consistency

Cut chicken into strips serve with Rice and add sauce on nom nom

I am positively drooling mumma!! Thank you :)

Shirleen said:
My worst freezer habit is freezing leftovers and not labelling them. So I play 'freezer roulette'! Quite fun really!

I do that and couple of times defrosted what I thought was steak and it was mince cos I buy from butchers who just puts in white bag then another time had ice cream tubs with what I thought was chicken stock turned out to be frozen mango which hubby had stripped the flesh and froze haha

Oh dear!.... I can't even blame my full freezer on not knowing what is in there, as everything is clearly labelled!

Back