Freezing!!!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Kate78, 12 March 2008 Social URL.

1. Kate78

Kate78 Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I'm so cold!!

I went through this for about 3 weeks at the start of the diet and then started to feel OK.

Today I'm colder than ever, in fact my finger nails have got a bluey tinge to them! I thought that I was imagining it but my co-worker has just pointed it out to me!

Argh, think that the granny blanket is going to have to come out again....dont find all this drinking water helping my temp either, but need to keep it up!

Thanks for the rant!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Miss_Bettany

Miss_Bettany Full Member

I am always frozen...I bought some disposable handwarmers on ebay...they are great

4. Kate78

Kate78 Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    'Disposable handwarmers' I need to google them!

It's so funny, I'm majorly into my football and support my team from back home. Luckily I get to sit in the directors box so I can take all my gear in with me, it's comical though, all the men are sat there just in their normal suits no jacket, I have long johns, tights, trousers, coats (sometimes 2 if a man will lend me theres!!!) and a big blanket over my lap!

But the weight loss is worth it!

5. hels80

hels80 Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(19.52%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    I too am always freezing! I am the only woman working in an office full of men (not the delight this might seem...) and I'm sat there wearing four layers of clothing, and sometimes gloves and scarf, and they're there in their shirt sleeves. Mental. Brrrrrr! But have just come back from a jaunt to go and get a nice warm cup of coffee, pausing to stand against the radiator on my way past it!

6. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hmm....funny, but I never thought about this till now.....since I've been on RTM I've been feeling warmer. I'm only in Week 3, so my cals are only a couple of hundred more than in abstinence, but I suppose my body digesting the food is generating more heat now and making me feel warmer?

Got 6 stone less fat on me now, so thought I would be colder..... but then again, maybe I'm wearing more clothes now I'm not so frightened to layer them (wouldn't have dreamed of it when I was fat!!). Don't like having a bony bum though - can't sit on the hard science stools now......need a d*mn cushion!

7. Slimseaa

Slimseaa Silver Member

Tell me about it, its been the story of my life since starting LL, i feel like an old woman on a daily basis. My whole body is always ice cold and its a horrible feeling!

8. Donnalou86

Donnalou86 Striving for slimness

Diet:
    Cambridge
    yeah I'm exactly the same always freezing! My hands are freezing right now infact, and I often have that bluey fingernails thing. My LLC says it'll be like that the whole time were in ketosis, it's your metabolism slowing down that causes it aparently, your body is trying to keep the important parts warm so extremities like your hands, feet, ears and nose tend to be freezing! I go to bed in full pjs, thick socks and sometimes even my fluffy dressing gown on nowadays

9. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Bugger. I am NEVER cold. And I wish I was. I had to have a hysterecotmy when I was only 33. Since then, I have ALWAYS been hot. Too hot. So I was looking forward to being chilled. But in 9 weeks, I have not felt cold once!!! Maybe when I get smaller - I think you all are a lot less then me? Maybe then I will!!

10. Donnalou86

Donnalou86 Striving for slimness

Diet:
    Cambridge
    lol I keep saying that. I almost like it when I feel cold cos it's bizzare to say, but I always assosiciate being cold with being something only thin people say....so in a wierd way it makes me feel thin to say I'm cold heehe and I'm faaaaaarrrrr from skinny beleive me lol

11. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(34.69%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I'm always freezing - luckily where I am now I have my own office so my having the heating on doesn't really bother people that much .... though when someone used it while I was at a meeting they did complain!!!!

However in my new job I'm in a shared office ...... just hope that the radiator is by my desk!

My hands go so cold that they wrinkle up like they've been in water for hours --- woe is me ;)

12. Petey

Petey Full Member

Diet:
    LL
    My 2nd and 3rd weeks were REALLY cold, then in week 4 I warmed up a bit.

Im now in Week 5 and I've upped my water intake by about another litre or so per day, and I've noticed the cold is back with a vengeance again.

Wonder if its related?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.