Fresh Start

Hi bb13
Just caught up on your diary.Well done on resisting temptation and on a great weight loss so far.
good luck on your weight loss journey.
Cathy

Last edited:
Thanks Cathy but I'm struggling this evening and keep thinking about having a fifth pack. I know I'm not hungry and, if I give in, would this be the beginning of the end? Decision made - I'm going to bed!!!

Night all.

Karen xx :wave_cry:

Aw hun, have you drank enough water?

I alwqays find boredom makes me think about food constantly. Maybe have a nice bubble bath or paint your nails, go for a walk, the list is endless really. Dont give into temptation visualise your end goal, you can do this lovely. xx

Aw Karen your doing so well. I know sometimes I feel like I could eat another bar or have another pack.So usually have a cup of mint tea and a soak in the bath.
Have you tried the broth sometimes that helps fill a gap.
Hope your feeing better tomorrow.
cathy

i often take late night trips to tesco LOL look at there homeware and dvds.... u will often find me and my partner therebetween 12 and 3am LOL x

Thanks everyone - I survived! Hot bath, book and bed! I think the problem was the shepherds pie pack, it's too much like food. I will stick with shakes and soups for now. It did make me realise, however, that I rarely eat from hunger and maybe Lady T hit the nail on the head ... I live alone and sometimes I get bored and lonely in the evenings.

Anyway, thanks for your support and I feel much more positive today :)

Karen xx

Glad to hear things are better today x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Glad today is better for you xx

Ugh! I've got another cold with a sore throat, the fifth in six months! I normally don't get any. I think I'm picking them up from my grandchildren but they have also coincided with every time I've tried to diet this year. And every time I've given up and grabbed a medicinal bowl of ice-cream, or maybe it was the whole tub, and other comfort food. Not this time though. I have to do this. I have to change my life.

I'm staying strong despite the cold, despite the sore throat, and definitely despite the constipation which has also just kicked in this week!

Happy days!! lol

Karen :p

Hey hun, sorry you are feeling poorly, your immune system is probably struggling with the lack of calories! Our bodies are very strange things sometimes.

I love the fact that you have knocked the crooked thinking on the head and made and adult decision to stick to the plan.

Hope you feel better soon lovely xx

Day 24

Couldn't quite believe my eyes at weigh in this morning - I was down 7lbs, bringing me to minus 25lbs in 24 days. I'm crossing my fingers, and everything else, that I can lose another 3lbs this week to bring me to two stone in one month.

Still suffering quite badly from this cold - virtually no sleep last night - so I'm off for a hot bath and, hopefully, a snooze!

Have a great weekend :grouphugg:

Fabulous loss, you are rocking this big time!! Xx get well soon xx

Lovely loss . Well done xx

Thankfully managed to sleep most of the night and cold seems on the retreat today. Decided that I would treat myself today as a reward for the 100% abstinence, despite my throat calling out for ice-cream, and had a pedicure and also a shellac manicure. It's been a long time since I spoiled myself and I think it's time I started, after all if I don't then no one else will!!

I haven't really set myself any goals, except to lose this lard asap, but now I am aiming for 3lbs next week to make me two stone down in 4 weeks, followed by 3 stone down in 8 weeks. I'm not sure if that's too ambitious but I'm going to really try!!

Hope everyone's having a good weekend.

Karen xx

My get up and go has got up and gone and I've started obsessing about food. I'm having lunch with some girlfriends on Saturday and I've already decided that I'm going to stick to a pack and water, so why then did I google the restaurant and read the menu, three times? I keep thinking that some protein would be ok, maybe a small grilled steak, a chicken breast ... aghhhhh! I'm wondering if I should make my excuses and stay home safe from temptation.

:sigh:

Hey, if temptation is too much I would probably not go, I stayed in a lot in the beginning. It did get easier as time went on and the obsession with food subsided. Could you meet somewhere else, does it have to be a restaurant?

Stay strong xxx

Thankfully managed to sleep most of the night and cold seems on the retreat today. Decided that I would treat myself today as a reward for the 100% abstinence, despite my throat calling out for ice-cream, and had a pedicure and also a shellac manicure. It's been a long time since I spoiled myself and I think it's time I started, after all if I don't then no one else will!!

I haven't really set myself any goals, except to lose this lard asap, but now I am aiming for 3lbs next week to make me two stone down in 4 weeks, followed by 3 stone down in 8 weeks. I'm not sure if that's too ambitious but I'm going to really try!!

Hope everyone's having a good weekend.

Karen xx

I suffer a lot with sore throats and tonsillitis. Here is my LL version of icecream

Put about 150ml cold water in your blender with loads of ice. Add a shake pack - my fav is strawberry and blitz. It should be really thick like a milk shake or slightly melted icecream. Eat it with a teaspoon and leave to cool the back of your throat before swallowing it. I usually eat mine out of the blender jug as it is one of those smoothie to go ones.

Hope that helps and you feel much better soon.

Eating didnt seem to help me - just made me feel rubbish and like I had failed. xx

HannahNewton said:
I suffer a lot with sore throats and tonsillitis. Here is my LL version of icecream

Put about 150ml cold water in your blender with loads of ice. Add a shake pack - my fav is strawberry and blitz. It should be really thick like a milk shake or slightly melted icecream. Eat it with a teaspoon and leave to cool the back of your throat before swallowing it. I usually eat mine out of the blender jug as it is one of those smoothie to go ones.

Hope that helps and you feel much better soon.

Eating didnt seem to help me - just made me feel rubbish and like I had failed. xx

Mmmmm I'm hungry just thinking about that ice cream xx

Back