Freshstartnewme- 8 months to do it food diary!

Right mini restart today. Got the nurse a week on Friday and need to have lost something by then!

Breakfast
1 boiled egg
2 toast (HEB) + (2 syn)
Low fat spread (2 syn)
Ham
Lunch
Chicken and ham salad
EL Mayo (1 syn)
4 crackers (4 syn)
2 Light laughing cow triangles (part of HEA)
Muller light
Orange

Tea
Turkey, courgette, pepper, onion and green bean in so juicy bag (3 syn)
CousCous

Total syn: 12

Been AWOL but back on track!

Hi all, :wavey:

I have been lurking but not posting, had family here for the last 2 weeks and found it hard to stay on track. I have maintained though, and am a steady 15.12 So total weight loss to date from July 2010 is 22.5lbs. Not excellent, but better than nothing!

I plan to get back on track now and really enjoy the plan again, start cooking some new things and making sure I stick to syns.

Monday 25/4/11

Breakfast
Banana, strawberry, grapes and pineapple

Brunch
2 egg omlette with bacon, red onion, cherry tomatoes and a cheese slice (2 syn) with baked beans.

Lunch/Snack
2 small wholegrain rolls weighing 60g (HEB)
1 slice ham
Cucumber and cherry tomato
Scrape low fat spread (1 syn)
Muller light (1 syn)

Tea
1/2 warbutons square wrap (4 syn)- made into a pizza (they are cool Warburtons Square (ish) Wraps | Warburtons Square (ish) Wraps and Sandwich Thins)
1 tbsp tom puree (1/2 syn)
Chicken breast, red onion, 3 tiny bits chorizo (1 syn)
1 Light babybel (2 syn)
Cajun Wedges
Salad with cucumber and tomatoes
E.L Mayo (1 syn)

Total syns 12.5

Mini challenge
To do some kind of exercise everyday this week, either a bike ride, run/walk or wii fit.

Big challenge: To lose 14 pounds by June 21st which is my sisters 30th birthday.

I do not want to be this large over Summer.. AGAIN! I want to wear some cropped trousers!

New day, new start.
Exercise for today: 8.8km bike ride/5.5 miles

Last edited:
CLAIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im so glad you are back on track..me to! Ive lost 8.5 pounds the last two weeks but ive had a chocolate filled weekend!! I dont know if you are free today but if you fancy going for a walk or something give us a txt. Keep up the good work

xxxx

Hey chicken!!

Fancy seeing you here!! 8.5lbs is amazing!! Wow!! We are off out today on a bike ride, but am off all week so we can do something later in the week if you want? Will give you a text.

Are you still doing ww? Is it working better for you? I HAVE to get back on track, got so many clothes I can't get into, but everything is too big or too small I look so scruffy!!

You should start a diary again so we can keep an eye on each other!! xx

No back on SW lol, i missed having loads of spag bol and chilli lol!! Yes I think I will start a diary again. What day are you weighing, Im doing fridays now. Its a lovely day for a bike ride to. xx

I am still on Fridays too! We should start meeting up again on a Friday at tesco if you fancy! We can weigh in together.. Glad you are back on Slimming world I can pinch your idea's again!

Going to try and exercise everyday this week while I am off, and we are going to try and start the couch to 5k thing which is 3 times a week!

xx

img20110425184311.th.jpg

My tea! 1/2 new warbutons square wrap pizza with chicken, bacon, chorizo and babybel with cajun wedges and salad. YUM!

Day 2!

Well I avoided cake twice yesterday, yes twice! We also did a 5.5 mile bike ride so day one off to a good start!

Tuesday 26/4/11

Breakfast
2 boiled eggs
1 wholemeal slice toast (HEB)
Low fat spread (1 syn)

Lunch
1/2 Warbutons wrap (4 syn)
Piece ham
1 light babybel (2 syn)
1 tsp home made chutney (1 syn?)
Salad with E.L Mayo (1 syn)

Tea
The BIGGEST bowl of pasta
Pasta, onion, courgette, sweetcorn, sugar snap peas, passata with chicken and smoked ham.
Sprinkle cheese (part HEA)

Milk for 3 cups tea (rest of HEA)

Pudding later: pineapple, strawberry and grapes with apple and mango fat free yogurt.

Options hot chocolate (2 syn)

Total syn: 11

Last edited:
Wednesday 17/4/11

Breakfast
Bacon
1 piece brown toast (HEB)
Low fat spread (1 syn)
Egg (1 syn for oil)
Baked beans

Lunch
Bowl left over pasta (chicken, onion, sweetcorn, sugarsnap peas and courgette)
Sprinkle cheese (2 syn)
1/2 tsp sugar in cup of tea (0.5 syn)

Bowl grapes, strawberry, pineapple and 0% fat vanilla yogurt

Tea
Soy, garlic and honey marinaded tenderloin of pork (1 syn)
Mash potato (1 syn)
Brocoli and carrots
Gravy (2 syn)

1 teaspoon sugar (1 syn)

Lindt chocolate egg (9 syn)

Total syn 18.5

Weekly syns 42/45

Exercise- 5km walk/ 3.1 miles

Last edited:
Thursday 28/4/11
Breakfast
1/2 onion, bacon and cherry tom omlette with tiny sprinkle cheese (2 syn)
Baked beans

Lunch
I had a weird lunch, it wasn't very tasty :(
Small portion left over pasta
4 wholegrain ryvita crackerbread (HEB)
2 Light Triangles (part HEA)
Ham

2 cups of tea - 2tsp sugar (2 syn)

Tea
Lasagne a guess at (6 syn)- over estimate I think but better safe than sorry)
6 chips! - (2 syn)
Large salad with E.L Mayo (1 syn)

Chocolate hobnob (4 syn)
Grapes and fat free vanilla yogurt

Total syn: 17
Weekly 59/105

Last edited:
Friday 29/4/11

Friday 29/4/11

Hi all,

Well Royal Wedding day is here, I flicked on to see her dress. She did look beautiful.

We are going to pop into Lincoln for a little wander around. My sister bought me a lovely recipe notebook to put my recipes in for my birthday but I had an accident with it and it got wet and went mouldy so going to see if I can get another one. Also want to have a peak in M&S to get some goodies from the food court as a treat.

Weather is a bit windy and looks a bit drizzly though. Had a sneaky weigh this morning and was 15.11 3/4 so heading in the right direction. :p

Breakfast
Bacon
Scrambled egg
1 slice wholemeal toast (HEB)
Low fat spread (1 syn)
1 tsp sugar in tea (1 syn)

Well the rest of yesterday didn't turn out so well, involving a dine for two meal from M and S, half an easter egg and a large glass of red wine. But hey I am off with my gorgeous boyfriend so not all bad. :rolleyes:

Back on it today thought, weigh on Monday and have the nurse on the 13th May so would like to be around 15.8 for then.

Breakfast
2 soft boiled eggs
Low fat spread (1 syn)
Ham
1 tsp sugar in tea (1 syn)

Lunch
AH Thai couscous (1.5 syn)
1/2 can tuna
Onion, cherry tomatoes and cucumber
Sprinkle cheese (2 syn)

Banana, grapes and strawberries with apple and mango fat free yogurt.

Tea
Jacket potato
1 tsp low fat spread (1 syn)
Chick pea dahl
Salad leaves, cucumber, cherry tomatos
E.L Mayo (1 syn)
Small amount Bacon chopped up
42g RF cheese (HEA)

4 Cups of tea milk (3 syn)

Total syn 10.5

Last edited:
Pizza battle

I have just had a 30 minute battle with myself about ordering a dominos pizza. I want one. So much so that I am quite grumpy and have driven my boyfriend mad for the last half an hour. I haven't ordered one for 2 reasons- bad for diet and we really can't afford to be spending money on takeaways.

So I have just shoved the jacket potatoes in the oven and now just have to resist anything while they cook.

He was suggesting other things we could have kiev and chips etc but I was saying no because it is not on plan! How stupid is that. Does anyone else have that , that breaking the diet is only worth doing if it is all or nothing! It is not a healthy way of thinking and shows me I still have work to do with how I think and use food to curb my emotions.

Hmmm food for thought.. literally.

Anyway enough rambling just thought I would feel better if I wrote it down. But hey at least I resisted the pizza right? :wave_cry:

I have some more thoughts to add!...

I sat here wondering why I felt like this. I think it is important for me to write this down and maybe I can see patterns. There are a couple of reasons I think:

1. I don't want to go back to work next week, this is making me feel a bit down. (I am unhappy at work).
2. I am fed up of being worried about money and I felt like rebelling a bit by spending on things we can't afford to.
3. I lose sight of the whole picture and get impatient. I am not going to be slim tomorrow and I think well b****er it I might as well just have what I want as I am never going to be slim.
4. It is a Saturday night and I wanted a treat while I watch Britain's got talent etc. I associate treats with food. Do I deserve a treat!?

So conclusion: Comfort eating.

Now I have had a little time to calm down and reflect I am pleased I made the good decision and stuck to what we had planned for tea and more importantly kept on plan.

Last edited:
Lentil loaf

I just made a lentil and cheese loaf :)

I am just waiting for it to cool down and hoping it will firm up a little. It is a little sweet but again waiting for it to cool down before trying properly.

Red lentils
Veg Stock
Chopped onion
80g RF cheese (2 HEA)
1 large slice bread breadcrumbed (8 syn)
1 egg
2 tbsp chick pea dahl

Total syn: 8

Made into 10 slices so 0.8 syn per slice and 1/5 of a HEA

2 slices per portion: calling it 1.5 syn and 2/5 HEA

img20110501133424.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:

Sunday 1/5/11

Breakfast
2 boiled eggs
3 bacon rounds
1 slice toast (HEB)
Low fat spread (1 syn)

Lunch
Small panini roll (6 syn)
Ham
Small amount RF cheese ( 1/2 HEA)
Grapes and strawberry with fat free yogurt

Snack: slice lentil loaf (1 syn)

Tea
Chicken breast
Lentil loaf (1.5 syn)
Carrots and brocoli
Gravy (2 syn)

Total syns 11.5

Last edited:
Monday 2/5/11

Morning!

Well last day of holidays today, really not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. The only positive is it will get me back into a routine with food etc.

Well One week back on plan (mostly) and weighed this morning to show a 1lb loss. Slow and steady, I am never going to be a fast loser, and am hoping the slower it comes off the more likely it is to stay off.

Monday 2nd May

Breakfast
2 egg omlette with bacon (fat trimmed) cherry tomatoes, sugar snap peas and a sprinkle of RF cheese (2 syn)
Baked beans

Lunch
Low fat spread (1 syn)
Slice Ham
1/2 can beans
Sprinkle cheese (2 syn)

Snack: 1 cadbury roses sweet (2 syn)

Tea
Chicken curry with onion, carrot, courgette, peppers, pineapple and chopped tomatoes (9 syns of pataks paste/4 portions= 2.25 per portion- will call it (2.5 syn)
1/2 pouch veetee pilau rice (2 syn)
Parwn crackers (7 syn)

Total syn 18.5
18.5/105

Last edited:
Tuesday 2/5/11

Well back to work and back into the routine which I suppose is a good thing.

Breakfast
Shredded wheat (HEB) + (2 syn)
Banana
Skimmed milk (1/2 HEA)

Lunch
Mulligatawny soup
Pineapple and strawberries
Muller light (1 syn)

LunchTea
Lasagne (4.5 syn)
Hm wedges
Salad
E.L Mayo (1 syn)

Syn 8.5

Weekly 27/105

Just had a big asda shop delivered so feeling happy now :) as got lots of nice fruit in the fridge, went a bit overboard I think with 2 punnets grapes, 2 punnets strawberries a pineapple and a massive bunch bananas. Hopefully they will last in the fridge for a little while!

Going to have some nice salads for lunch at work and eat lots of fruit to curb the sweet cravings and hopefully will see a good loss this week :fingerscrossed:

Last edited:

Wednesday 4th May
Breakfast
2 soft boiled eggs
Smoked Ham
1 slice wholegrain toast (HEB)
Low fat spread (1 syn)

Lunch
Small jacket potato
Left over chicken curry (2 syn)
Pineapple, grapes and strawberry

Tea
2 slices bacon fat removed
1 sausage (5 syn)
1 slice toast (6 syn)
Fry light egg
Baked beans
Low fat spread (1 syn)

Total syn: 30

Not enough superfree today, but pleased with myself as OH wanted a fry up for tea. I usually would have had 2 sausages, pile of bacon, 2 eggs, beans, 2 or 3 slices of toast. Instead had 2 bacon with fat removed, 1 sausage, beans, 1 egg and 1 slice toast.

So yes it taken me over syns for the day, but shows I am making good choices :)

EDIT!- Ok scrap being good, just added 15 syns on consisting of a graze on our graze box and a tiny twix shortbreak (totally not worth 7 syns). So will cut back on syns for the rest of the week and take out of weekly allowance.

Weekly syns: 57/105

Last edited:
Some things to remember and keep me on track:

*Since January 2011 I have lost 15lbs which is slow, but over a stone.

*So far I have lost 23.5 lbs since July 2010

*Another 1lb and I will have achieved club 10 :)

Rather than having 5 stone 6.5 lbs to go to my target weight I have 3 stone 10lbs.

Must keep on track!!

Thursday 5/5/11

Well having a good week apart from small blip last night, but that wasn't drastic.

Lots of superfree today yey!

Breakfast
2 soft boiled eggs
Smoked Ham
Slice toast (HEB)
Low fat spread (1 syn)

Lunch
Salad-lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber
Reduced fat chicken tikka filler (3 syn)
4 wholegrain crackbread (4 syn)
2 light darylea triangle (1/2 HEA)

Muller light (1 syn)
Grapes, pineapple and strawberries

Tea
1/2 pouch rice (1 syn)
Home made chili with onion, carrot, sweetcorn, green beans, chopped toms
Salad
EL mayo (1 syn)

Total syns: 11

Weekly syn: 68/105

Back