Friends needed :-)

Don't be so hard on yourself Fraggle, you've had a lot to deal with recently and think how far you've come already. How is the new job? If you feel group would help then that's good but know that we're here for support too.

New job is great. I think that's the thing. I have no excuses now. The last few months have been hard and I think that's why I quit group as I couldn't concentrate on it. And now things have relaxed, just pottering on with my son, settled into job and so much more relaxed with this one and have time to get to the gym and not been motivated. Think I need to put the last few months behind me and concentrate on me again. I see my old leader every day on the school run and spoke to her today and can pay £15 and keep my history so I think I might go on Monday and do that :)

Good idea fraggle

C'mon ladies - this is a nice cosy group and we need to get on here more and keep each other motivated (as you can see by my signature I'm currently failing miserably in my holiday mini target!)

We can do it xx

Right well I am back :) Working tonight so had a bit of a lie in yay. About to have bacon and eggs and breakfast. God I love slimming world ha ;-)

I agree three! I'm back. I've been terrible the last few days... Out off my routine and away from home, never works well for me.
How are ye all getting on this week? I've got back on track today so hopefully I can pull back a little. How about a little challenge ladies for ourselves to fit in a bit off body magic every day between now and weight in? Just to get us back in the swing off things!

Good idea runmammyrun. I've just done day 1, week 3 of C25K and it was a real struggle. Having a rest day tomorrow as my boyfriend is staying tonight but will plan a nice dog walk for us to do. I'm going to restart the plank challenge as I really want to tone up my stomach and improve my core muscles but can't do sit-ups because of neck problems. Will run again Wednesday and Thursday and then see what the scales say. Was on plan 100% yesterday, first day for a while and going to try again today - will try the SW pulled pork recipie instead of going out for a meal this evening. So having told you guys, I now have to do it!

Wow Charlie you were out and about early! Well done! So far I've been good today, got to the gym for some strength training and I've been back on plan 100% yesterday and today after a hectic weekend! I've signed up for a 10k run on Sunday and looking forward to it. The plank challenge sounds good Charlie, I think I'll join you on it! Jen and fraggle are you up for it too?

Yes I quite like the plank challenge (well, "like" isnt the best word but you know what I mean!)

I'm easing back in to the gym slowly - off there tonight. Wanted to re-start C25K but am really struggling with running on my ankle

I have more motivation to run if I get up and go first thing. I've had two pretty good days, went over on my syns a bit yesterday but not a complete blow out. Made slow cooker pulled pork and SW chips for tea last night which went down well with my boyfriend! And then I told him it was SW friendly! Now doing brunch - it's easier for me to stay on plan when I'm at home and can control what I'm eating.

Wow runmammyrun 10k, that's amazing.

Hi ladies, how is today going for everyone? So here's me accounting for today! just back from a 5k run with the doggie, was tough getting out the door because I was already tired but glad I went! On track with food today so fingers crossed for WI. Maybe even a sneaky STS; she hopes

I am up for the plank challenge. Not been able to do plank for months due to my shoulder injury but weirdly went back to the gym last night and tried it and it's fine yay. Well I say fine. I managed 3 and they were pretty pathetic. 20 seconds, 15 seconds and 10 seconds. But I don't feel so bad as I haven't been able to do it for a year so good first attempt.

Was good being back at the gym and class. Feeling very positive :)

The plank challenge app I have is only 20 seconds for the first couple of days anyway Fraggle and that's really good that your shoulder managed it. I can post the list of times from my app if people want? It does a standard plank then right side and then left side plank so tones side muscles as well as the core ones.

Runmammyrun, when you say you go out running with your dog how do you do it? Is it off the lead? I took my boy for the first time this morning, slightly awkward as he kept diving for the footpaths as we passed - some of which meant I practically tripped over him! I'm sure he'll learn.

Yesterday was a pretty good day. Spent it mostly with my boyfriend just chilling. We did take the dog for a bit of a walk but it was shorter and slower than when I walk by myself as bf had a major car accident 5 years ago and has a foot and ankle full of metal and pain if he does too much. As a baker he spends all his work time on his feet so tries to rest on his days off. Food wise was good too, SW friendly brunch, pasta with tomato sauce, snack of pineapple, and fat free Greek yoghurt with options - a low syn day to make up for going over a bit on Monday!

I'm gonna start the plank challenge tonight - just printed the timings off

My food is still not good - I keep eating crap between meals

I am going to start the plank and squats challenge tomorrow :) I am hurting from the gym and working tonight. I am back to loving the food. I aren't a tan of veg so eat loads of fruit. Meals today are about to be an omelette for breakfast, chicken and rice for lunch and pork joint already in oven with a curry loaf for tea. Will take a sandwich and fruit for overnight at work. Only way I have fixed my snacking is having nothing in. I have to admit the entire family is getting a lot healthier :)

I would really like to make the curry loaf but can't find the tinned chickpea dahl in my asda.
Not having the junk around is definitely easier - I spend quite a bit of time at my friend's (it's like my second home) and it's so much harder as she always has biscuits and crisps around for her kids. Just think though Fraggle, your children will learn healthy habits for life.

I got mine from tesco as closer. It's with the tinned curries and stews if any help.

I got the plank app and started. I thought I might as well :) I am rubbish at the side ones!! Think they are going to take some work ha.

Hi all, today was a good day. On track and got out again for a run. Actually feeling ok about WI which is a surprise in itself!

Charlie I started getting him to walk with me keeping him close to my side on the lead with little treats of chicken or whatever he likes, he's all about his grub so it worked with him and kept them short.in No time he was running along side and now as soon as he sees the runners I wouldn't get out the door without him! Now he knows he gets his treat when we come back home.

Fair play fraggle on getting back to the gym. It's good to hear that your old injury didn't flare up again with the planks.

Right as off the morning I'm taking up this plank thing. Where r what is the name of this app?

Thanks runmammyrun, I'll carry on trying. I think my boy will get it but at eight it might take a while and he's not had a whole load of training in his life - he's kind of a rescue; although I know his background, he's been passed from home to home (3 in total) before I got him 4 and a half years ago.

My app is just called 'plank challenge'! Very simple, it's a list of days and when you go into them it gives you a count down for each of the three plank positions with a 10 second break between, then goes grey when the day is done.

Yesterday wasn't too bad for me until the evening when I had a desperate urge to eat chocolate and had four treat dairy milks which put me well over my syns. I blame hormones due to the dr playing around with my pill and the stress of finding out that my car is beyond repair and I urgently need a new one! I did do a fair amount of body magic though so I hope that will have gone some way to helping. Shall see when I weigh in after my run in a minute. Good luck for WI ladies, here's to going down those scales.

4lbs on. I'm gutted - I know I haven't been 100% but I have been trying my hardest with a few little slips. Maybe this is a hangover from last week when I fell off the wagon badly. It's really de-motivated me and as I'm struggling with things in general this has really knocked me. I've got a busy weekend as well where it's going to be a real struggle to stay anywhere near on plan. Help! I'm close to saying sod it and giving up. :cry:

Back