From Big Bum to Glam Mum (with food diary)

So strange you should mention that as it was only a few days ago I looked up how many calories a girl my height and weight I am now should be eating and it is around 1800 whereas when I entered my height & weight to when I first started it said I should have been eating a little over 2300 so there is a massive difference there. I know SW say don't worry about counting calories but my losses are getting pretty slow so I think I may have to keep an eye on my portion sizes and calories. I won't write them down or anything just keep a mental note. Now it could be that the past few days I feel a bit bunged up and bloated so maybe once I get that sorted scales will go down!! I'm so sorry for TMI on your thread. My official weigh in day is on Wednesdays so I've a few days to go yet :)

I know what you mean about taking your kids to stuff and being the big mum there. I know I'm not at my target weight yet but since I've lost what I have so far I don't mind bringing the kids to their activities. I feel more happy in myself and more confident and I know I will get to my target this time. Xx

So strange you should mention that as it was only a few days ago I looked up how many calories a girl my height and weight I am now should be eating and it is around 1800 whereas when I entered my height & weight to when I first started it said I should have been eating a little over 2300 so there is a massive difference there. I know SW say don't worry about counting calories but my losses are getting pretty slow so I think I may have to keep an eye on my portion sizes and calories. I won't write them down or anything just keep a mental note. Now it could be that the past few days I feel a bit bunged up and bloated so maybe once I get that sorted scales will go down!! I'm so sorry for TMI on your thread. My official weigh in day is on Wednesdays so I've a few days to go yet :)

I know what you mean about taking your kids to stuff and being the big mum there. I know I'm not at my target weight yet but since I've lost what I have so far I don't mind bringing the kids to their activities. I feel more happy in myself and more confident and I know I will get to my target this time. Xx

Oh hun I could have totally wrote that post myself!!! lol I feel soo much more confident already. It was hard coz my daughters are into dancing & even though I dont do the dancing (lol) I still felt out of place being bigger though I have to say I never once was made to feel out of place... it was just me who felt that. Also I was worried that down the line it would affect the girls chances if they saw that I was on the bigger side... I knew I couldnt let that happen especially as thats what my oldest wants to pursue as a career. I know her teacher talks about all sorts of things she wants her to go to in a couple of years so I'm determined to make sure that when these things happen I will be a healthy weight & at target.

Dont worry about the tmi thing coz thats what I'm blaming too..... I felt soo bunged up this morning... well last night too & I was almost tempted to reach for the senokot!!!! lol

oh about the calories etc I keep meaning to take a note of what mine amount to on an average day just out of curiosity!!! I do try to stick to what an average portion is when it comes to rice & pasta though x

I almost forgot to post todays food diary... I'm actually feeling a bit naughty because for the first time since I started I had all of my syns!!! lol Well 14.5 so close enough!! My lovely hubby thought that I deserved a wee treat & bless him he remembered that I always used to have a box of orange matchmakers in the cupboard for a wee chocolate fix so bought me a box. I had been avoiding all chocolate up to this point for fear of scoffing the whole lot but I decided that seeing as it was the weekend I would be really rock n roll & have 10 of them plus my bag of snack a jacks. Im going to limit myself to 5 from now on but I have to admit they were lovely & I was so pleased that I was able to stop & not be tempted to have more.... a little NSV in itself!! SO anyway here is todays food diary

BREAKFAST: mullerlight

LUNCH: bacon & scrambled egg.. apple

TEA: chicken fried rice... home made so syn free

SYNS: snack a jacks (4.5 syns) 10 matchmakers (10 syns)

I've actually just realised that I have forgotten to have my healthy extras today :ashamed0005: but really couldnt face them at this time of night so naughty or not I'm going to give them a miss today x

Yuck!! I cant believe that the weekend is as good as over once again!!! they definitely go far too fast don't they. Anyway here is todays food diary

BRUNCH: bacon & scrambled eggs (I had a lie in & it was bliss!!!! lol)

TEA: salmon, rice & veg

HeA: 200ml alpro hazelnut (couldnt face anymore)

HeB: oatibix rainbow smashems bar (very nice as a wee treat)

SYNS: snack a jacks (4.5 syns) 5 matchmakers (5 syns)

Total syns: 9.5 syns

This week I am going to make an extra effort to eat breakfast as I know I have been really bad at eating breakfast lately. so I read somewhere on here a while a back about a layer of fruit, a layer of mullerlight & 35g HeB porridge oats left overnight... I think thats right.. So I have bought some porridge oats & I am going to give it a try... I'll let you know what I think of it in the morning

I have two probably quite stupid questions for you!!

Firstly when you have your eggs and bacon, how many eggs do you use? And secondly do you just drink the alpro milk? I so want to try it but I just have it in my head that it won't be nice.

Question time over :)

I have two probably quite stupid questions for you!!

Firstly when you have your eggs and bacon, how many eggs do you use? And secondly do you just drink the alpro milk? I so want to try it but I just have it in my head that it won't be nice.

Question time over :)

LOL not stupid at all.... I use the tescos healthy medallions of bacon (not sure what the correct name is but hopefully you know the ones I mean.. the ones with no fat!!) & I have 4 slices of that & 3 medium eggs just scrambled... nothing added other than a wee shake of black pepper.

I didnt think I would like the alpro hazelnut either & had thought I would probably have to put options or something in it to drink it but I do actually just drink it as it is. Its really nice & creamy but not creamy like milk.. it doesnt have the aftertaste that milk has & it really does taste nutty which I like. I keep meaning to try it warm with a wee bit of coffee & options mixed in coz I think it would taste like a ferrero rocher latte... might have to make that my treat for tomorrow!!! lol But yes its definitely worth a try. I might get the almond one when I run out of hazelnut just to try to compare the 2. I even cooked my pasta & sauce in the hazelnut alpro (full 400ml with the pasta & sauce, no water & it was really nice & creamy too)

So today is the first day of my effort to eat breakfast every morning & I am actually eating breakfast as I type.. I'm also going to write everything that I eat & drink this week coz I've been naughty & been drinking too much diet coke again:eatdrink017: . Anyway breakfast hasnt been as bad as I thought & yes I did have to make an effort because I'm not really a breakfasty person but its ok.... as far as breakfast goes & I would definitely have it again though I'm not sure its something I would want every morning so I'm going to give it a post all of it one & this was my breakfast diary for today

BREAKFAST:

500ml water (I always have this as soon as I get up in the morning)
35g porridge oats, banana & custard mullerlight mixed together & left in fridge overnight then topped with a large handful of raspberries
cup of green tea with lemon

Having just finished it I can say that I am totally stuffed & definitely wont be needing any kind of snack before lunchtime. It did take an effort to eat but hopefully as I get used to eating in the morning that will get easier.

You're doing great hun, well done for having breakfast.. I used to hate having it too but introducing it slowly helps xx

Thanks Kally I have to admit it was force feeding in the best possible way!!!! lol

Ok so here is my lunch update including drinks

LUNCH

5 slices lean bacon (no fat)
3 medium eggs scrambled
1 apple sliced

DRINKS

500ml water
sugar free red bull (naughty treat :party0027:)

I'll update again later this evening with the rest of todays food

Hi Hun, just checking in with you. Well done on the breakfast I'm a bit like you I could go till lunchtime without eating anything. Must admit scrambled eggs and bacon is a real favourite of mine. Feels so naughty to even though it's all on plan! I love it! I treated myself to a can of diet coke today I was so thirsty so I had it but I don't usually drink it I tend to stick to good old water! :)

Hi Hun, just checking in with you. Well done on the breakfast I'm a bit like you I could go till lunchtime without eating anything. Must admit scrambled eggs and bacon is a real favourite of mine. Feels so naughty to even though it's all on plan! I love it! I treated myself to a can of diet coke today I was so thirsty so I had it but I don't usually drink it I tend to stick to good old water! :)

Oh I love scrambled eggs & bacon... I have them for lunch most days & never get sick of it. I'm hoping the breakfast thing will grow on me.... I am going to make an effort again tomorrow though. Its probably just something I need to get used to. I do love diet coke but I like water so so I dont mind... just have to make sure I reach for water & not diet coke more often. I'm having my 1st glass of today at the minute though so not too bad

Just popping in to update the remainder of my food diary for today

TEA

2 gammon rounds, pasta & sauce made using HeA milk topped up with water & chopped peppers

DRINKS

500ml water
2 glasses diet coke (oops)

EVENING MUNCHIES!!! (lol)

500ml water
snack a jacks (4.5 syns)
5 matchmakers (5 syns)

Total syns: 9.5

LOL not stupid at all.... I use the tescos healthy medallions of bacon (not sure what the correct name is but hopefully you know the ones I mean.. the ones with no fat!!) & I have 4 slices of that & 3 medium eggs just scrambled... nothing added other than a wee shake of black pepper.

I didnt think I would like the alpro hazelnut either & had thought I would probably have to put options or something in it to drink it but I do actually just drink it as it is. Its really nice & creamy but not creamy like milk.. it doesnt have the aftertaste that milk has & it really does taste nutty which I like. I keep meaning to try it warm with a wee bit of coffee & options mixed in coz I think it would taste like a ferrero rocher latte... might have to make that my treat for tomorrow!!! lol But yes its definitely worth a try. I might get the almond one when I run out of hazelnut just to try to compare the 2. I even cooked my pasta & sauce in the hazelnut alpro (full 400ml with the pasta & sauce, no water & it was really nice & creamy too)

Thanks :) think I might try the alpro stuff next week, what's the worst that can happen to me! Mr J actually let me buy those medallions you have this week, I think he is getting sucked into slimming world....I used to cut the fat off my bacon and he'd eat that too...he's a changed man haha

Thanks :) think I might try the alpro stuff next week, what's the worst that can happen to me! Mr J actually let me buy those medallions you have this week, I think he is getting sucked into slimming world....I used to cut the fat off my bacon and he'd eat that too...he's a changed man haha

LOL!!!!!! I dont even like the taste of the normal bacon now if its been cooked with the fat on... it has a taste I think!!! Now I know you can remove it before cooking but I have this thing where I cannot touch raw meat!!! hehehe

The alpro is definitely worth a try. Worst that can happen is that you dont like it but at least you have tried it x

Oooops well I am ashamed to say that breakfast didnt happen this morning. Dare I say that I just completely forgot as I started doing stuff after I dropped this kids off & before I knew it was 11am... so I am currently making myself some scrambled eggs & bacon for brunch that will tide me over nicely to tea time. I would say I will try again tomorrow but I have an early appointment tomorrow morning so iit could be brunch again!!! lol sorry x

BRUNCH:

5 slices of lean bacon & 3 medium eggs scrambled
500ml water

Back