Step 1 Sole Source From Chunky Dunky to Fit & Fab - and all the bits inbetween!

Hiya Lyndsey, wow you are doing amazing. I can't wait to be where you are. Your words have really inspired me. Excited to be following your journey alongside my own. Hope to chat soon xx

Hiya Lyndsey, wow you are doing amazing. I can't wait to be where you are. Your words have really inspired me. Excited to be following your journey alongside my own. Hope to chat soon xx

Hiya hun - Lovely to meet you! :)

Trust me - a few weeks on plan and you'll already see and feel changes- the plan is amazing!

Is this your first time on CD?

xx

Hiya thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I have been trying to lose weight since I was a teenager. I am a boredom eater and anxiety eater. I'm going to need to find things to keep me busy ( I am having a break from my business to look after my little boy ) and I need to find healthier ways to deal with being so anxious. I am a born worrier and food calms me down but also makes me feel very uncomfortable in my own skin.

I need to lose weight but more than that I need to gain control of my emotions.

i know I'm strong but once I'm in a rut it seems to take me a very long time to crawl out of it lol

i need this. Looking forward to chatting with you more
keep going, you are a real inspiration
take care xx

Hiya thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I have been trying to lose weight since I was a teenager. I am a boredom eater and anxiety eater. I'm going to need to find things to keep me busy ( I am having a break from my business to look after my little boy ) and I need to find healthier ways to deal with being so anxious. I am a born worrier and food calms me down but also makes me feel very uncomfortable in my own skin.

I need to lose weight but more than that I need to gain control of my emotions.

i know I'm strong but once I'm in a rut it seems to take me a very long time to crawl out of it lol

i need this. Looking forward to chatting with you more
keep going, you are a real inspiration
take care xx

Babe - reading that is literally like your inside my head. I have a huge anxiety problem - I've just been referred to a councillor for it, not sure how that will go but I'll keep you posted.

I too, eat when I'm stressed or anxious - which is 90% of the time. I feel like I don't know what it's like to live a day without feeling anxious, it's almost built into me now to worry. I worry about silly things - but take them to the extreme and they cause me such grief. I think my head is broken lol :cry:I eat, then I feel bad and worry about my weight - but then I eat some more and it's such a vicious circle. Big hugs hun. I spend every day with a big ball on anxiety in my chest - hard to explain but it literally feels like I have something stuck in my chest and it's hard to swallow.

I definitely think Cambridge helps me manage my anxiety because it's one less thing I have to worry about, even if it's only 2lbs a week I lose, the numbers are going down and that's all that matters. It's a relief to have one less thing on my mind constantly.

I find walking helps, hot baths, reading , I used to do yoga a little which did help - but my body doesn't contort in the way it should so probably not as relaxing as it could be. Sounds cliche but it did relax me a little - I felt very content afterwards (well for about 5 minutes).

Just think of all the positives in the future that come with weight loss - feeling happy, content and being able to run around more with your little boy - that will be fun for both you and him! I'm sure he'll have you run riot lol :)

xxx

Hello Lovelies,

Well - spanner in the works this week. Oh it's been a bit of a nightmare.... *dramatic sob* lol.

I went to the Drs on Monday for my check up following the MRI scans etc. Dr has recommended that I go straight onto the anti - epileptic medication as this may be the only way I get a clear diagnosis. Scared sh**less to be honest - I've never had a major medical problem at all, and this is just scary. It's scary to think there might actually be something wrong inside me that I cannot fix.

I have to go back in 2 weeks and pick up my meds - Dr was cool about me being on CWP, I told him I was on it and he said there was no reason why I couldn't stay on the same plan. BUT..... CWP have other ideas. I can't go any lower than Step 2 (they said I needed to go up a step immediately - but I've ignored this lol until my Weigh in on Saturday).

I'm not on any meds at the moment so I figure I'll be fine. As of Saturday I'll have to step up to Step 2 so my body can prepare for medication. I am so annoyed and frustrated - I really didn't want to introduce food at all, but I have to put my health first. The episodes I've been having are draining me - they are so frequent and powerful, they consume me. When I have one at work - that's me pretty much dunzo for the rest of the day - I am knackered and find it hard to focus afterwards.

I don't know yet if I will be allowed to stay on Step 2 for the long term. From reading other boards and blogs it would appear I should actually be going up to Step 4 - if this happens I will literally dramatically sob. :cry:I'm not ready for carbs at all, I didn't expect to be eating them until like 6 months from now at the earliest. If I do have to follow Step 4 I'll give it a bash for a month and see what the losses are like - if they are still fairly good I'll continue. If not - Unfortunately I may have to find something else to follow.... which infuriates me as I so wanted to finish CWP. I want to be a Councillor, I want to help others follow the plan - I don't want to be forced away from it by something I cannot control.

Fingers crossed I can continue on Step 2 for the next few months. Don't mind a small protein/veggie in the evenings - might be quite nice. :)

xxx

Hello Lovelies, Well - spanner in the works this week. Oh it's been a bit of a nightmare.... *dramatic sob* lol. I went to the Drs on Monday for my check up following the MRI scans etc. Dr has recommended that I go straight onto the anti - epileptic medication as this may be the only way I get a clear diagnosis. Scared sh**less to be honest - I've never had a major medical problem at all, and this is just scary. It's scary to think there might actually be something wrong inside me that I cannot fix. I have to go back in 2 weeks and pick up my meds - Dr was cool about me being on CWP, I told him I was on it and he said there was no reason why I couldn't stay on the same plan. BUT..... CWP have other ideas. I can't go any lower than Step 2 (they said I needed to go up a step immediately - but I've ignored this lol until my Weigh in on Saturday). I'm not on any meds at the moment so I figure I'll be fine. As of Saturday I'll have to step up to Step 2 so my body can prepare for medication. I am so annoyed and frustrated - I really didn't want to introduce food at all, but I have to put my health first. The episodes I've been having are draining me - they are so frequent and powerful, they consume me. When I have one at work - that's me pretty much dunzo for the rest of the day - I am knackered and find it hard to focus afterwards. I don't know yet if I will be allowed to stay on Step 2 for the long term. From reading other boards and blogs it would appear I should actually be going up to Step 4 - if this happens I will literally dramatically sob. :cry:I'm not ready for carbs at all, I didn't expect to be eating them until like 6 months from now at the earliest. If I do have to follow Step 4 I'll give it a bash for a month and see what the losses are like - if they are still fairly good I'll continue. If not - Unfortunately I may have to find something else to follow.... which infuriates me as I so wanted to finish CWP. I want to be a Councillor, I want to help others follow the plan - I don't want to be forced away from it by something I cannot control. Fingers crossed I can continue on Step 2 for the next few months. Don't mind a small protein/veggie in the evenings - might be quite nice. :) xxx

Oh Lyndsey, what a situation! You're right, your health is more important than anything else. Hopefully step 2 will be acceptable and you'll continue in cwp and with the fantastic losses!!

Oh Lyndsey, what a situation! You're right, your health is more important than anything else. Hopefully step 2 will be acceptable and you'll continue in cwp and with the fantastic losses!!

I know hun - but needs must and I'm hoping that Step 2 will be fine. On the plus it does mean I could possibly exercise a little more - which is good news! I love swimming but don't have the energy on SS so fingers crossed on Step 2 - this will be allowed!:) Silver linings !xxx

Hi Lyndsey,
I have just read your last post, how are you feeling about it all today? In shock I guess and worried. As I have said before I am so anxious in life and me or a loved one being poorly are always as the forefront of my crazy mind so please believe me when I say I can understand how you are feeling. Have the drs said its epilepsy you have or are they trying this medication to see if your episodes stop? How do these episodes make you feel? My heart goes out to you it really does and if you ever need to talk please let me know hun.

Regarding cambridge weight plan, again I understand you are worried. You've been so strong to get to this point. Hopefully you will only need to go up to step 2 and you will still lose the weight at a steady pace. I know reintroducing food seems scary, you seem like an all or nothing gal like myself, but my goodness me you clearly have motivation and determination and I can't see anything holding you back apart from your own thoughts. You can do this hun, there is a little block in the road now yes but you can go over it, under it or around it! You are strong and can cope with these next few weeks.

Thank you for the tips on relaxation, you are right walking really helps as does having someone you can talk to that won't judge or make you feel inferior or crazy.

Stay strong, you deserve to be happy Xx

Hello Hun,

I've been ok, I got a bit emosh talking to the OH the other night about it, just because it seems big and scary. I've had these episodes - or "auras" as the neurologist called them for years and years but they got worse in the last 2 years. It went from happening like once in a blue moon but from late last year the frequency increased so much it was seriously getting me down.

I've had an MRI (clear) and I am waiting on EEG results - the neurologist recommended some medication to try if the episodes got worse - from the last time I seen him on the 10th Jan I've had 22 separate episodes - I have a diary to jot them down. They are deja vu type experiences - I will overhear a conversation and feel like I've been in that exact spot before - it doesn't sound terrible, but I get a racing heart, tingle down my right arm and I find it hard to focus. It only lasts about 20 seconds but after I just feel floored - totally wiped out and ready for bed.

I went back to the Dr to see if it could be anxiety but he thinks not - he thinks the diagnosis is still likely to be Temporal Lobe Epilepsy and feels the only way to get a clear diagnosis is to start on the medication and see if it helps. I'm not seeing the neurologist until October again and that's a long time to wait and suffer with these.

I've read horrible side effects of the meds - including suicidal thoughts and depression. That it itself is very depressing and I am worried about the effect it will have on someone like me who already suffers from anxiety. Weight gain is another one mentioned - hence the reluctance to move up from SS to Step 2 initially.

If I do have to go further than Step 2 , I think I would rather join a slimming club and lose it the hard way. I love CWP , I love the losses and the sense of control it gives. I love not having carbs and not feeling bloated. If I am forced to eat them on Step 4 - I'd rather join WW'ers and do a low/zero carb diet on that so I can still avoid carbs.

It's all so confusing.... :cry:xxxx

Hello Hun,

I've been ok, I got a bit emosh talking to the OH the other night about it, just because it seems big and scary. I've had these episodes - or "auras" as the neurologist called them for years and years but they got worse in the last 2 years. It went from happening like once in a blue moon but from late last year the frequency increased so much it was seriously getting me down.

I've had an MRI (clear) and I am waiting on EEG results - the neurologist recommended some medication to try if the episodes got worse - from the last time I seen him on the 10th Jan I've had 22 separate episodes - I have a diary to jot them down. They are deja vu type experiences - I will overhear a conversation and feel like I've been in that exact spot before - it doesn't sound terrible, but I get a racing heart, tingle down my right arm and I find it hard to focus. It only lasts about 20 seconds but after I just feel floored - totally wiped out and ready for bed.

I went back to the Dr to see if it could be anxiety but he thinks not - he thinks the diagnosis is still likely to be Temporal Lobe Epilepsy and feels the only way to get a clear diagnosis is to start on the medication and see if it helps. I'm not seeing the neurologist until October again and that's a long time to wait and suffer with these.

I've read horrible side effects of the meds - including suicidal thoughts and depression. That it itself is very depressing and I am worried about the effect it will have on someone like me who already suffers from anxiety. Weight gain is another one mentioned - hence the reluctance to move up from SS to Step 2 initially.

If I do have to go further than Step 2 , I think I would rather join a slimming club and lose it the hard way. I love CWP , I love the losses and the sense of control it gives. I love not having carbs and not feeling bloated. If I am forced to eat them on Step 4 - I'd rather join WW'ers and do a low/zero carb diet on that so I can still avoid carbs.

It's all so confusing.... :cry:xxxx

Hi Lyndsey,

Just been catching up with your diary, very pleased to meet you :) First off can I say how sorry I am about your dad, I was in tears reading it. I lost my dad in 2008 and I've never managed to get my weight down to the weight I was when he first took ill, anyway, that's immaterial, I still can't talk about him without getting choked up but you learn to live with it and remember the good things. I'm so glad you got the opportunity to put your differences aside and make peace. We really should live everyday as though it were our last.

Re your deja vu experiences, I understand your reluctance to start taking epilepsy meds without a clear diagnosis and so would I be!! Your episodes sound like panic attacks, are you on any meds for anxiety?

I take it your wi day is a Saturday? Good luck, I shall follow your progress, I've just restarted today, I have around 6 stone to lose. Absofrigginlutely need to do it xx

Hi Lyndsey,

Just been catching up with your diary, very pleased to meet you :) First off can I say how sorry I am about your dad, I was in tears reading it. I lost my dad in 2008 and I've never managed to get my weight down to the weight I was when he first took ill, anyway, that's immaterial, I still can't talk about him without getting choked up but you learn to live with it and remember the good things. I'm so glad you got the opportunity to put your differences aside and make peace. We really should live everyday as though it were our last.

Re your deja vu experiences, I understand your reluctance to start taking epilepsy meds without a clear diagnosis and so would I be!! Your episodes sound like panic attacks, are you on any meds for anxiety?

I take it your wi day is a Saturday? Good luck, I shall follow your progress, I've just restarted today, I have around 6 stone to lose. Absofrigginlutely need to do it xx

Hello Huni, It's lovely to "meet" you. And thank you for your kind words. It's only really starting to sink in now that he's really gone, and that I won't see him again. We had a very troubled relationship sometimes - but when it was good , it was brilliant. We where literally the same person - both stubborn and very outspoken - you get the idea lol. Let's just say my poor mummy had to listen to some rows when I was a teenager lol she has the patience of a saint!

At first they thought they might be panic attacks - but I never experience them when I am actually panicked. They can happen first thing in the morning when I wake up - when it's still a bit fuzzy and when I'm most relaxed as well. I don't feel panicked during them and my breathing is fine - my heart races (well it feels like it races) but actually it doesn't make it difficult for me to breathe. The thing is.... the sensations are not exactly unpleasant themselves - it's more the effect they have on me afterwards with the lethargy and stuff.

I'm going to give the medication a month or two and see if they improve at all. If not I'll push for further tests. It could be anxiety - but the doctor wants to rule out epilepsy first as they consider this a more serious issue. I don't disagree with them neccessarily - I just want to be fixed lol.

It sounds like you've got the right attitude hun - and that 6 stone could be gone in 5 months. That's 20 weeks and will go by so quickly. I'm the first to admit I absolutely love food - I enjoy it so much, well a bit too much to be honest lol :) That's the only thing I really miss - cooking and the joy of sitting down and eating.

I guess I'll get that back next week - I better start googling Step 2 recipies for inspiration lol xxx

Hello Lovelies,

Almost at the end of another week on plan - the days are flying by. WI tomorrow - had a SP today and there was actually a 19 in front of my weight so hoping the 19 stays until tomorrow at least lol. Would love another 5lb off - but likely to be a 3 or 4lbs loss - still it's a loss and i'll take that over a gain any day of the week!

Out tomorrow to go and see the OH's family - his uncle is over from LA for a few months so great to see him and spend some time with him and catch up on all the latest goings on with him. He's just back from Vegas so I'm sure he'll have plenty of stories to tell!

Still anxious about the medication but I just have to get on with it. I've done an order from Muscle Food (most amazing meat company ever!!!) - I adore their chicken breasts, they are literally HUGE and so unbelievably tasty. I could never go back to supermarket chicken after having theirs - supermarket chicken has obviously been pumped up with so much water. And they aren't even expensive - I get a 5kg bag (split into packs of 2 for easy freezing) for £29 - and that's usually around 20 -22 breasts. The breasts weigh 227g exactly so I can have one of them as my protein allowance with some veggies. The order is due to arrive on Tuesday - I have some fish and some chicken in the freezer from my last order to use up in between then.

I'll call into M&S tomorrow on the way home to get their individual bags of tenderstem brocolli - already pre-weighed to 80grams which is perfect. No weighing needed - just chuck into the microwave and let it cook.

Back to getting the train for a while - nothing majorly wrong with the bus, but getting up at 6am and not getting home until 8pm has been a killer. I have been absolutely shattered. Getting the train allows me to get up at 7am and If I want to get home quickly I can. If I leave on time I'm usually home within 35 minutes - which means I actually get an evening - as when I'm home at 8pm , I'm literally getting in , getting showered and then it's time for bed.

Finish at 4pm today - cannot wait to get home tonight. Love the weekends and Friday nights. Won't lie - do miss my weekly takeaways with the OH, I guess it's more the routine than the actual food if that makes sense.

Mum's coming to stay at the end of the month, so I will be eating out then. Just the once though - probably at Wahaca and I'm not gonna lie - carbs will be consumed. But I'll be repsonsible and not stuff myself silly. I haven't' seen her since Jan :cry:so I want us to enjoy ourselves :)

Anyways I should get off here and get some work done ! 4pm will roll round quickly!

xxx

Chicken and broccoli is my staple SS+ meal too :D

Chicken and broccoli is my staple SS+ meal too :D

I highly recommend Muscle Food for chicken hun - seriously their chicken breasts are amazing! I like to keep back a product , instead of having my 4pm shake and then pour it over the chicken and brocolli , the oriental chilli one sort of makes a sort of Thai chicken curry - amazing! I used to do it all the time on SS+ xx

I highly recommend Muscle Food for chicken hun - seriously their chicken breasts are amazing! I like to keep back a product , instead of having my 4pm shake and then pour it over the chicken and brocolli , the oriental chilli one sort of makes a sort of Thai chicken curry - amazing! I used to do it all the time on SS+ xx

I'm gonna try muscle food as that sounds amazing.

I'm gonna try muscle food as that sounds amazing.

They are brilliant - they do excellent steaks to, really cannot recommend enough. The food comes in brilliant packaging and it stays fresh for up to 72 hours. I haven't had supermarket chicken in the last year because Muscle Food are so good.

xxx

Hello Lovelies,

Well another WI day - and another loss. -4lbs this week which was what I expected. Very happy with that progress -22lbs in 3 weeks and 40lbs totally gone from the middle of Jan. Excellent progress I'd say.

Spent a lovely day with the family today - and loved being outside as the weather was gorgeous! Lovely and sunny here in London!

Had my first meal - eek! Was lovely, chicken breast, and broccoli coated with the chicken and mushroom soup. I didn't have my 12pm soup as I was out so I had it with my meal instead - Absolutely delicious! and very filling yet clean. I don't feel bloated, I don't feel stuffed I feel satiated and happy.

Nipped into M&S to pick up our veggies for the week. More chicken being delivered on Tues so that will be the protein sorted for another few weeks.

Just had my lovely chocolate tetra (slighty frozen) which was amazing - converted the OH to them as well now, he's in love lol. I've been replaced with a chocolate treat lol.

Got an absolute mountain of work to get through tomorrow - not looking forward to it, but needs to be done. Can't wait to get it finished and done and dusted at the end of the month.

Not so worried about being on the meds now - after speaking to my Councillor, I know now that I can stay on Step 2 which is excellent news - I feel happier knowing I don't have to go up any higher than Step 2. And after having my meal tonight I definitely don't feel as worried about eating next week. I actually feel excited knowing I can eat a little in the evenings. And cooking was great again (I love cooking more than anything - surprise surprise lol) so that was great. Cleaning up was a bit crap but meh.

Got a nasty flare up of eczema at the moment - so I've picked up a new cream to use. I can't use any body lotions or shower gels for the next few weeks - My lovely man is delighted as it means he can use my Cranberry Body Shop body wash lol. He likes the smell apparently lol.

Anyways I should get off here and get moving on this work - it ain't gonna write itself!

Hope everyones having a fab Saturday! xxxx

Day 2 of eating - and the meals are getting better and better - Officially a Courgetti convert!

I kept hearing about courgette spaghetti, but I've never tried it. Partly because I wasn't actually sure what courgette tasted like and I was worried it would be vile. I was so wrong!!!

It is delicious with a great crunch, such a great substitute for pasta. I grated about 50 grams of courgette and then sliced it into really thin strips and boiled it in herb infused water for about 90 seconds. Voila - it was done. Any longer and I heard it can go quite soggy.

I served it with herby chicken , 30grams of tenderstem brocolli and my chicken and mushroom soup. The courgetti actually twirls like spaghetti which is amazing!

I could actually see myself subbing this in with some pasta later on to make a meal much lighter - I think Zizzi actually have dish like that on the menu. I'm also starting to think that I might actually want to keep some CWP soups in my cupboards for later on - as they actually make a really nice sauce. Next time instead of the broccoli I'm going to have mushrooms so it's a lovely creamy chicken and mushroom dish. I'm excited already!

I'll have my chocolate tetra around 5ish and that will do me for the day. I don't want to eat too late in the evenings as I worry it will sit heavy on my stomach. Really nervous on how the scales will react this week - but I have to trust in the plan, and let my body adjust.

Quiet day on the sofa - catching up on the Real Housewives of New Jersey and getting through some work stuff. Not fun but needs must. Maybe means I can leave the office before 8pm this week lol - Would be nice to get home from work earlier in the evenings so I can relax a little.

Recently become a bit of a bath convert - I used to DETEST them with a passion, I found them so long and boring but actually the past two nights I've had one at the end of the day and it's been lovely. I've felt so relaxed afterwards. I used to love baths as a kid - but I guess being away at uni where we only had a shower , I got out of the habit. So would love to get home from work earlier to enjoy a nice relaxing bath at the end of the day. :)

Anyways - hope everyone is having a Fab Sunday - xxx

Hello Lovelies,

Been a funny few weeks - haven't had much chance to come on here. Well.... I came off plan for a few days last week ( Dr said I had to stop CD if I was going on the meds) so I wanted to give WW'ers a go. Big mistake. I've gained 5lbs in 5 days (I knew it would happen as soon as I ate carbs again) so I marched myself back to the Dr and asked him straight out if I absolutely needed to take the meds yet. He said NO!

He said I could have more time before I needed to start taking the meds - bit annoying as I came off plan because I thought I had to take them and all this time they have been optional!

So - contacted my CDC again and let her know I'm back to SS, and have promptly gone back on plan to carry on.

Bloody fuming at the Doctor - but at least I know now that I can continue on SS, which is a positive!

Got my three soups to have today and then I'll have an Exante Carbonara when I get home ( I am using whatever left over products I have until I see Fiona next Saturday). Hoping to be back to the weight I was before I came off plan - should be fine, I have 10 days and that's loads of time to shift 5lbs!

Gulping down the water and hoping for the best!

Summer beach body here I come!!!

xxxx

Hello Lovelies,

Been a funny few weeks - haven't had much chance to come on here. Well.... I came off plan for a few days last week ( Dr said I had to stop CD if I was going on the meds) so I wanted to give WW'ers a go. Big mistake. I've gained 5lbs in 5 days (I knew it would happen as soon as I ate carbs again) so I marched myself back to the Dr and asked him straight out if I absolutely needed to take the meds yet. He said NO!

He said I could have more time before I needed to start taking the meds - bit annoying as I came off plan because I thought I had to take them and all this time they have been optional!

So - contacted my CDC again and let her know I'm back to SS, and have promptly gone back on plan to carry on.

Bloody fuming at the Doctor - but at least I know now that I can continue on SS, which is a positive!

Got my three soups to have today and then I'll have an Exante Carbonara when I get home ( I am using whatever left over products I have until I see Fiona next Saturday). Hoping to be back to the weight I was before I came off plan - should be fine, I have 10 days and that's loads of time to shift 5lbs!

Gulping down the water and hoping for the best!

Summer beach body here I come!!!

xxxx

Hi!

Is your consultant Fiona hodge by any chance?
Those 5 lbs are most likely just water weight and will be off in no time! Naughty Doc!

Back