From here to Eternally Slim

Just survived the 10k Race for Life!

Wahoooooo!

And I'm glad you're ok, Dizz.
Hope everyone else is having a good Sunday...

well done Jimbob ;)

fab loss for you this week Ronnie....keep up the good work!

I feel a little ropey today, and look like a good body double for Kung Fu Panda with my black eyes :p:rolleyes: popping the painkillers like they are going out of fashion.....BUT I am firmly on the SW wagon at least- so all is not lost lol;).

Off to vegetate on the sofa now...have a good sunday everyone x x

Helloooo

Diz.. I think you blooming well deserved the fish n chips, you'd worked earned that after the trauma you have been through. So happy your op went well and realy hope that each day helps you feel better still :)

Pesty, chinese isn't too bad, and you know how to pull it back :)

Ronnie, well done for the lb loss and for it being the star week too :)

Jimbo.. what an achievement doing the race for life, well done you... and Im sure that will tilt the scales downwards as well :)

Me.. hmmm, not good and I know why.. emotional blooming eater!! Confession time, after Wed meeting with my weekend job, and being told in no uncertain terms that I am now redundent, feeling very rejected almost after the 5 years I'd put into looking after their son, the parents were cold and it was all very calculated as well, because I had being asking questions about holiday pay.. and then hey, you now know the rest! I'm glad I've finished working there as it was getting to become like I felt like I was being taken the pee out of. I knew I was going to go, but didn't expect them to act like they did towards me and also the person I thought was a friend didn't even talk to me when it happened, he just kissed their ass more or less! I know Im better out of there, but the money was making my life easier. Now I am £500 less off each month!! God knows what im going to do re money, as been trying to save half the rent each month, ready for next year, to pay 6 months off in advance, so it wasn't such a big jump from paying nothing rent wise to paying £900 each month! This now means I can't save as much, and the pressure is now for my son who is 18 to get a full time job to help pay towards rent, food etc.. So not feeling good about that. He didn't deserve what happened when my ex did what he did and we had to move our sharpish.. so feel a bit responsible for us being here anyway.

Here for the confession.. ordered chinese Fri night (as not working), couldn't eat it all, so saved it for Sat night. Sat lunch time, went to harvester, that was all syn free, then went to costco and had a frapaccino, which is god knows how many syns, plus a biscoti, then went home and finished off the chinese and then tucked into a big bag of popcorn and scoffed it all!!! Bad, Bad, BAD!!!! :(

I had gained a lb this week by the way too, which I had already thought I would, after limiting damage from weekends 3lb on Monday, so the lb shown is fine. I need to go back to group, big time, so not focussed and not disciplined enough. So there is a group on Tues, the Cons isn't that good (went once before), but a few of my friends go, and I figured that we could all help one another.

With re to finding more work, I need a rest and I know I feel it, Im so tired with everything at the moment. So after my hols in Sep I'll sign on at an agency and do some part time eve work.

Need to get to the gym this week, so I can exercise but also to hand in my notice to quit the contract,which is a 3 month notice. I know when i go, I feel good, so need to make the 3 months that Im paying, work for me.

Tomorrow is a new day and crossing everything for a fresh start. xxxx

Morning EF,

Hope you are ok huni. Dont beat yourself up re the weekend syns, even if it does cause i gain you are having a hard time and 1 weeks gain only stays with you as long as you dont get back on plan - as soon as you are on plan the weight will fall back off.

Im very sorry re the job situation, it's never nice when some people make you feel like that, esp when one is suppose to be your friend and you have put loads of time and effort into helping out.

(((hugs)))

hope everyone else is ok. Horrific weekend SW wise for me and im not very proud of myself about it. I think i need to start staying to group - and get the rest of my life in order!!! x

Morning all!

Now come on Pesty, you're a month away from Race For Life. If anything should sharpen your focus, this is it. You need to be in the best healthy shape for doing it. I cant think of any better reason for you to spend the next four weeks really giving it some 100%.

CD, glad to see you are home and looking after yourself!

Jim, gratz on your Race For Life efforts! Put us all to shame you do.

EF, sorry to hear about your job situation, hopefully you can find some agency stuff to keep you afloat and at least you can have your weekends back to yourself!

Been to WI this morning, 1 on, which is fine, still under target. I seem to be playing a 1 on 1 off game at the moment, which is I suppose how it is supposed to be. Am going to make a special effort for the next couple of weeks to try and be at bottom end of target in time for me to go on my cousins hen weekend up in Scotland, its going to be a food and beer fest and unless I skip my fortnightly weigh for a week or two I will only have 6 days to undo the damage I inflict over the 4 days I am away. 2 days of it is pure travelling though, so I will take myself a packed lunch for on the way with minimal syns, and try and be sensible if I eat on the way home. Got my daughters birthday coming up next week too, so thats going to be extra good reason to be good in the meantime, I'll be making cupcakes, and will want to eat them!

Thanks Pesty, its been a bit of a week one way or another, so getting back to group for me is gonna be the lift I think. Draw a line under the weekend and focus on your race for life, as Minxy said.

Thanks Minxy, its been a bit of an emotional time and yes, I'll get some more part time work in 3 months after my hols.. that lb will be off in no time honey :)

I've found a group that starts straight after college tonight at 7pm, luckily, its in the same town as the college, so going to go tonight, and stay to group too, rather then leaving it another day, just so I can go with my mates, I can always get there next week. But I need to do this today, and this way I can be back on plan 100% tomorrow, rather then leaving it til Wed.

right, off to meet my son, with some fresh CV's i've helped him with this morning.

Enjoy your day and good luck with WI's tonight xx

Yes, i will and yes i should

Line drawn!!

Going to WI tomorrow but will not be disheartend by the gain!!

I have rearranged girls night so that i can cook my own food and go over to a friends after and yes i will drive so that i dont drink any more strongbow!!

I need to be a bit more inventive with my meals - i think that has been a bit of a set back for me!! And with my cooker back in it's rightful place i have no excuses!! xx

Hope everyone is doing well - sorry not had much chance to get on here as trying to get into some sort of routine with the boys!!

Also can't work out how to get a picture up either so if anyone has any advice on that it would be appreciated?!
Just been to my 1st weigh in since having Adam - nearly feel off the scales - didn't believe what they were telling me. Consultant wasn't sure what to do either as her computer didn't seem to believe what the scales were saying either. Had to get on twice just to make sure things weren't being imagined.
I lost 1 stone 5lbs!!!!! Still can't believe it myself!

See!!! What did Auntie Minxle say?? You'll soon be right back where you were before all this babymaking got underway!

Congrats on the magnificent loss!

WOWZER ROSIE!!!!!! now that IS an impressive loss hun :banana dancer: I hope they gave you slimmer of the week? :D

EF really sorry about the job situation, and the way they have treated you with it :( Its never nice when people who you thought were friends turn around and 'stab you in the back'.....I had the same done to me after my Brain Op when I went through the hassle trying to keep my job with the tribunal stuff- I found out exactly who my work friends REALLY were :( they just all closed ranks to protect their own jobs & it hurt a lot. I hope you get something sorted with the agency work in Sept to take some of the money stresses away. x x

Don't beat yourself up over the mini blowout with the naughty food though... Its done now, and in times of stress we've all done it hun :eek:....the main thing is-you pulled it back & have decided to go to class to commit to it properly so thats great :).

MLM you are a seasoned veteran now on maintaining......and if anyone can go and have a 'blooooming good weekend away' & still pull it back quick sharp - its you miss minxy!! :D x x

Pesty Good on you for Drawing that line! I shall commence dancing for WIs this week......but I'm affraid it will be a little more gentle than normal, more of a little swaying so I don't jiggle my big fat head lol :p:party0048:x x

Gulp. May have to change my avatar now.
I appear to have been immortalised...

Event Photos - Heart Four Counties

And - well done on an amazing loss, Rosie, and hope you keep feeling better, Dizz.

Hope everyone else is doing ok too.

Morning lovelies

Rosie, oh my... what a drop, Adam must have been a hungry baby, bless him. Thats fantastic news and what an achievement, sw really helped do the trick :)

Thanks Diz..it was really hurtful, but just goes to show it was always one sided how things were. We live and learn!

Pesty, good idea re the food for a girlie night. I've got a girls night in this Friday and will eat earlier, but will get in crisps and dips for them all, but carrots and celery for me and salsa.. Vodka will be on the cards with diet coke.

Jimbo, you are looking good honey :)

well done on a fab loss

sending you hugs ef

hope you are all well, think i have maintained this week head been everywhere with * week and work but have just bought myself ea sport active 2 for the ps3 so when that arrives will be doing it liek a demon - oh will be banished from front room and i will be in control lol

or ghasping for breath :)

Good afternoon.

Was a 100% yesterday, had fruit from brekkie, then pasta n sauce for lunch with cucumber, lots of sf fruit to snack on, and my 2 alpen lights, then prawn chow mein (3) finishing off with a curly wurly (6) and an iced latte.

Today is going to be another 100% day again, had 2 poached eggs and grilled mushrooms for brekkie and just about to have asda pitta bread (b), cottage cheese with black pepper, lots of baby toms and a pack of chicken slices. Got lots of fruit with me for work. Then home to cook, Prawn Tikka masala, with plain yogurt and coconut essence to give it a coconut taste, with lots of carrots and tomatoes in.

I have some news.. I am going to be a Granny :), it was a bit of a shock, my daughter is 22, has no job and neither has her BF, so things need to change now for them. Meeting up with them both on Sat, to give them the all "dad's talk" but as he's not about, I'll be doing it, lol.. Basically it will be pratical terms, for her BF to get a job, get them into a different home and stop smoking around her. Baby is due I think mid January, she has her birthday new years eve, so it will be close to her 23rd.

My friend who is coming away with me to Amsterdam to see Take That in the 18th was diagnosed with MS yesteday, she is glad she now knows exactly what is wrong, is now on meds til she see's the MS nurse in a few months. It all seems to be happening, but she is still looking forward to coming to Amsterdam and she's my Best Mate, so I'll help carry her case, lol.. and if need be, also drink her drink ;)

Having a girlie night at mine on Fri, with a beauty therapist coming over, to keep it as dignified as possible (with my mates, lol), so have been saving 5 syns a day for the vodka, not that I'll have 30 syns worth (or will I!! ).

Hey Ronnie, good luck with the sports game on the PS3, I'm thinking about getting a Wii, as handing in my notice for the gym (3 months notice), so will need to get something that I can do at home.

Hopeing everyone is haveing a relatively good day, and Rosie hope Adam is doing well, you'll have to post a pic xxx

Morning!

EF sorry about your friend hun, but as you say at least she knows what it is and meds should keep it manageable!

Congrats on becoming a grandma!!! How exciting!! Hopefully the news will kick start her OH into getting sorted jobwise (nothing like a baby to make you pull your finger out!!)

Ronnie, good luck with your sporty bits!! I really must get back to doing my DVDs etc!!

xx

Morning..

Thanks Pesty, it was a shock, but I will love being a Nanny :)

I made a chicken curry last night as son wanted it, so used the sw recipe and it went badly wrong. I took the saucepan off the heat, left it for 5 mins then added yogurt, and it curdled :(. So didn't look very nice and son was not impressed. It tasted ok, but a bit lumpy, lol.. so won't be doing that again.

Went to see my friend last night and she's in good spirits, gave her my sisters number as she also has Ms.

Have the afternoon off today, so gonna do a blitz clean at home.

xxx

Congratulations EF....or should we just call you Nanny from now on ;):) A shock I'm sure......but what a lovely one :p
Sorry to hear about your friend though hun :(, thats a bit of a blow- its nice she has a good friend like you on side though x x

I had a better nights sleep last night, My OH asked his mum to go get me one of those big V shaped pillows and it was fab
smile.gif
I managed to get it so I had my left shoulder down the 'hollow' and no rolling over pressing onto the graft site....wish we had thought of it when I had my last Op instead of faffing with arranging the pillows
redface.gif

Went to see the surgeon today for the 1st dressing removal & change
icon_pale.gif
Big stoooopid dizzy went all faint cos it hurt quite a bit where it was stuck (such a wuss after all the other Ops I've had too!! lol) BUT they say it looks LOVELY (
eusa_think.gif
eusa_whistle.gif
not sure if thats the word I'd choose to describe it from the piccys that My OH took
speechless-smiley-040.gif
) So its all going good & Its re dressed now for another week with another big plastic 'cap' over the titanium bolt/presstud type thing on my skull to protect it.

We called into MrM on the way home for a few essentials.....got a few stares from folk as I wobbled along in mahoosive bandage and crutches lol, and I did get dragged towards the fresh cream cake stand by the fairies (just to get me through the pain of the hosp visit)
tongue.gif
redface.gif
But My OH reminded me how much I'd be whingeing after I'd eaten the offending item.....AND it IS WI tonight! - I did'nt know whether to kiss or kick him
angry-smiley-030.gif
laughing-smiley-014.gif
angel-smiley-002.gif

anyway......I didn't buy a cream bun - so kiss my aris food fairies !!!
action-smiley-033.gif
sport-smiley-001.gif

Back