From here to Eternally Slim

:happy096:Aww well done Scanbran!! Im really really happy for you!!

:talk017:

That definitly makes up for the STS last week!

You must feel amazing!! Its acheivements like that which make it all worth it!!! xxxx

Well done scanbran!!!!

Morning all!!

Zombie well done on all your exercise huni!! Your working so hard and its really inspirational!!

Thank you :D :eek:

Although we ended up having chinese last night >< I don't think it was too over calories as i had only had a small lunch. But a sneaky peak at the scales this morning ( i know :whoopass:) showed a 3lb gain! :badmood:

I hoping it's half totm stuff. It's due (well it's been 4 weeks, they're never that on time really, but recently they have been) and i'm moody as all hell. There's been much head biting (and usually i can avoid doing so) :dragon:

Plus tonight i promised a friend i'd go to the pub and willpower is low.
Tomorrow a friend from my undergrad uni is visiting so we're out for lunch and dinner, then after that it's the goth night at the union (and tbh i need a drink! not had one in some time! /PhD induced alcoholism...)
Then sunday the in-laws are visiting which means more wine/eating out...

I'll be lucky not to be a whale by next week :(

Zombie,
Seruzly woman! TOTM due, and the night after a takeaway you jump on the scales and expect it to do anything but show a gain? It's not a real gain, it's water retention and food weight. You would have to consume an additional 11k of calories to really put 3lb on.

I know I am in no position to lecture on scale hopping but even I don't dare jump on the night after a big dinner, or big night out.

You are just adding to your already frayed nerve endings and will wind yourself up to a proper blow out, deep breaths and no more scale till weigh day! (((hugs)))

Morning all!!

Well done Ronnie on your tiny gain!! That'll be off in no time!!

I didnt get to the gym last nyt - well actually i did but i stood outside for 45 minutes waiting for my little brothers friend to show up and by the time he got here they would have only been able to go in the pool for 15 minutes as it shuts at 6. Neway, we asked him to stay at ours the night so im going after work tonight instead - the pool stays open til 8pm so they'll get more time!!

Zombie well done on all your exercise huni!! Your working so hard and its really inspirational!!

Kitkat - hope you have a better day today hun!! I know what you mean about computers, sometimes it takes 5 x as long to get something done!! Thanks for the hugs huni!! I actually got news yesterday that were set to complete next friday :bliss:
Hopefully this is actually true!! I darent get too excited as it has fallen through so many times!!! We original viewed the flat and started the application in April!!

Hope everyone has a good friday :D

xxxx

Thanks Pesty - Well today has been great so far boss has left me alone - yay. I've been playing with my database (learnt lots of cool things to do - but probably won't use but he ho.:character00148:

Fingers crossed for you petal that it all goes through ok.:clap:

Managed to make myself egg salad with cottage cheese for lunch and have just brought fruit in to munch on - so am pleased with my self. I just need to kick my arse to get going on some exercise I feel so tired but I know its because I'm not doing anything....:):(:character00116:

MLM-had to giggle at your post - euuuwww prawn poo - I still get over it - yuk.

Zombiecakes - don't over do the drink lots of hidden syns in there....:)

Have a good weekend

Zombie,
Seruzly woman! TOTM due, and the night after a takeaway you jump on the scales and expect it to do anything but show a gain? It's not a real gain, it's water retention and food weight. You would have to consume an additional 11k of calories to really put 3lb on.

I know I am in no position to lecture on scale hopping but even I don't dare jump on the night after a big dinner, or big night out.

You are just adding to your already frayed nerve endings and will wind yourself up to a proper blow out, deep breaths and no more scale till weigh day! (((hugs)))

/hangs head.....

I daren't even go in the lab, because i know it will misbehave and i'll end up throwing something!

I totalled up calories (over estimating to be certain) for what i ate and it was below my daily allowance, so it can't be proper weight gain. Just wish i'd not stepped on the things....

But thank you, you are ever the voice of wisdom! <3

Thanks everyone! This is such a cool thread, posting here is actually part of my motivation. I was scared to post last week! :eek:

Oops...Just been the pub for lunch and had a large glass of wine....not too bad and well within my points....but wine = sugar cravings so I HAD to attack the biscuit stash when I got back to work...I now feel sick after scoffing 3 bourbons with my cup of tea :cry:

Only 3?! I couldn't exercise that kind of control over myself at the moment! Don't be downhearted I think you did really good stopping at 3. It is Friday after all.

Zombie - i always get on the scales after a blow out even though i know im guna c a gain lol its just too hard not to!! My fav time to jump on the scales is the morning after a heavy drinking night out - somehow i always lose 2-3lb. Ive always put it back on and a bit more by that evening tho lol. Its ok to have a lot planned a the weekend, try having a diet soft drink every now and again instead of an alcoholic one

KK - glad to hear your days going a bit better!!

xx

Ya, my alcohol tolerance has decreased severely, so i won't go that OTT with alcohol. Well except Saturday night :p but then drinking too much makes me barf, so when i say OTT i mean get merry and no more :p

It's just the food i'm worried about. I get really irked at going out to dinner and getting "salad" or something "healthy" that i know i could make nicer and better at home :/

I know what you mean, it seems unjustified to £5 on a salad which you could make for £1 at home!!

I try to have things that are healthy but would be hassle to make or that i know are really tasty to make it worth it. Or try the logic that it would cost £1 for a whole bag of chips at home and £2.00 for a portion out lol xx

Only 3?! I couldn't exercise that kind of control over myself at the moment! Don't be downhearted I think you did really good stopping at 3. It is Friday after all.

The lady on reception has a box with biscuit packs in...they are three packs and she is really good at limiting us to one pack in sugar crave emergencies only!!!!
Without that control it would have been more ;)

Right. Im being inventive tonight. Going to try and replicate salt and pepper chicken slimming world stylee. If it works I shall post the recipe.

Look forward to hearing how that one goes x

Hi All
Hope you're all ok and looking forward to the weekend.

Ive had raging PMT this week,lots of snarly grumpiness and fighting off the orrible food fairies trying to force feed me syn laden choccie :pillowfight:But at WI last night I lost 1lb :D so I'm really chuffed.

Ive not had chance to catch up on the posts yet as Ive been out at my physio most of the day.....but congrats to losers & hugs to those who need them x

Gz on the loss CD!!! Specially with you having PMT!

I made the salt and pepper chicken tonight and it was GORGEOUS!

I shall post the recipe here and then copy it to the recipe forum.

I adapted it from an internet recipe for SNP chicken (not the Scottish Nationalist Party!!) and made it totally syn free.

Ingredients

Chicken breasts (I used 4, and that gave 3 of us loads each) chopped into strips.
2 onions, sliced so they made nice circles
4-5 cloves of finely chopped/minced garlic
a bunch of spring onions
3-4 green or red chillis (I used 4 finger chillis which are rated hot, if you dont like very spicy stuff, drop down to a medium heat chilli)
a green pepper (I didnt have a green one so I used a yellow one instead) chopped into small chunks.
sea salt
black pepper

Liberally frylight a wok or large frying pan and heat up.
Add onions and green pepper to pan, and fry over a medium heat so they soften up nicely.
Add garlic, spring onions, chillis to pan and fry for a further minute or so.
Add chicken strips.
Throw several large pinches of sea salt and pepper over the chicken.
Fry the whole bally lot together, stirring repeatedly until the chicken is cooked through.
Serve with a side salad of superfree for red days, or with boiled rice or even SW chips for an EE day.

Actually, now I think about it, if you replaced the chicken with SW chips that had already been cooked in the oven, you could make Salt and Pepper chips the same way for a free on a green day alternative.

Eat. Thank me later.

Honestly, it was no trouble.

Last edited:
Back