From here to Eternally Slim

It'll just put me in a low mood if i see the damage. I know i need to continue losing weight, so that's more than enough motivation to get me back on track.

No i don't get time off for doing extra. I don't get overtime or anything like that, even i do 14 hour days. That's how PhD's work. I'm coming up to the end of my third year and i'm only scheduled to be in the lab until Christmas, hence i'm having to work stupid hours. Only because the lab is a pile of s**t and i'm way behind because of it. So pretty stressed atm and finding it hard to care about my diet when there's so much to be done at the flat too.

But don't like feeling out of control with the eating (i've not even been horrific tbh, just not been good) so i think getting back to it will make my head a little happier.

hi guys hope you are well, been at a party all day with lots of naughty kids food, and followed it with pizza oops..... still back on it tomorrow

Hi everyone,

Not been around for a while as it has been so hectic here. Have caught up with all the posts now and would like to say well done to all of those that have achieved losses and milestones.

EF, glad you had a lovely holiday and that gain will be off in no time but the memories of the holiday will last a lifetime x
I am also in the same position as you re: the job. We have had an announcement that there will be 3000 staff made redundant so it is a very uncertain time. On top of that our service is under review which always makes me nervous! Outcomes of reviews are usually cost orientated rather than improving the quality but we will see. Very little that either of us can do but wait.

Whilst I have been AWOL I have managed to hit my first stone off since rejoining SW and I am now in the 12 stones range and a size 14 :woohoo: I haven't been this weight for years and years so I am very pleased. Altogether though I have lost 4 stone so people have difficulty recognising me lately! I went to a service users house that I haven't seen for at least a year and they did not know it was me! That was a major positive and gave me the boost to carry on going.

Next goal is to lose another 4lb which will hit my SW club 10 award. I am off to Somerset though to visit my Sister in Law for a few days so this may impact how quickly I get to this target! I should think we will have a takeaway and a few glasses of wine so perhaps Club 10 may take a little while longer! Not too worried though, I'll get there when I get there.

Having a lazy day today although need to do some serious cleaning. I have a lady coming to sit with my dogs :chores016: whilst we are away (expensive!) so need the house to be spotless. I hope everyone else is having a much more exciting bank holiday!

Pesty, hope you have settled in and everything went smoothly. I am sure you are busy unpacking and decorating at the moment. Congratulations on the new home :bestwishes:

Awww MLM :( totm perhaps? Or just one of those things maybe!

It will be off next week, and take some extra with it i'm sure :) /hugs!

I don't have TOTM coz of coil, but I suspect it may have been part hormonal, part germs
coz I spent the night shivering and feeling rough today. Hope you have a good day!!

Oh no! I guess it probably either illness or hormone related, because if you were good then it won't be fat gain :)

I'm doing alright atm, i stood on scales yesterday (After vowing not to!) and the damage isn't bad at all. About a lb :) So pleased with that. However, the scales are now not very well! BF weighed 18 stone this morning (he's under 13!) and i caused an overload! Tried in several locations etc but no difference, except bf weighing more and more and me causing a overload and error. I think the batteries need changing :p I don't think i weigh over 24 stone now, my clothes still fit :p

On a plus note the flat is looking a lot better :) Managed to get a lot of unpacking done and get some stuff sorted :D Few bits and bobs that we're not sure what to do with, but it's taking shape :)

In work today (uni shuts for 2 days every bank holiday, but i'm being a good bunny!) and by the end of the day will have finished a thesis chapter! :D

I hope you feel better soon MLM <3

Hellloooo you lot ;)
Sorry to hear you're not feeling too great MLM...My OH was like that at the weekend, I think there is some sort of lurgy doing the rounds :sick: hope you feel better soon.
I had the same prob with my old scales Zc - they drove me nuts....I ended up buying some more as a back up for when I didnt like what they said after we changed the battery lol (OH wasnt very pleased when he came home from working away....Id used his bank card :D)

Well Ive just got back from My ENT appt, really gutted as Ive found out I cant have the cochlear implant I was hoping for as during the last brain surgery they also removed ALL the inner ear labyrinth bones....so it wouldnt work :cry:
so plan B is ive got to have 2 hearing aids and the sound from my 'dead' ear will be sent to my 'Half ok' ear :confused: Im not sure how?? I kind of switched off cos I was a bit fed up to be honest and I just wanted to go to the hospital shop and get a snickers bar and a galaxy ripple :( OH didnt let me tho.....he got me a kitkat bless him x x

Last edited:
Oh MLM, I am shocked. But that will be off next week, hormonal as you said, could be the reason hun. Or the dreaded lergy ;), there is a lot of it going about.

Ronnie, hope you really enjoyed that pizza, lol. Back on track for you today?

CD, sorry to hear about no being able to get the implant. Whats the next step? I do think you deserved that kit kat ;).

I have felt so ill since last Monday, but the last few days getting worse, really heady, cold, glands up, chesty and temp.. had to go into work today, with the threat of redundancy hanging, can't take any chances at the moment, so been dosing up all day, and not going too near anyone, but really not been with it. Thankfully, that was my last activity day with the kids, tomorrow its just admin and I have a few hours to claw back from overtime today (don't get paid overtime either), so off to GP's to get some antibiotics to kick it in the morning.

So, straight from work to WI and lost 3.5lb, so thats 7lb to go to get rid of hols gain, will hopefully feel better this week and will hit the gym to give that half a stone a sorting out, lol.

Chineese take away tonight, not long got in and meant to do a shop, but finished late, so singapore chow mein for me and a drizzle of sweet and sour sauce, mmmm.

Good luck for all Tuesday WI's, hope you get what you want. xx

90% back on track today, there appear to be some large announcements at work tomorrow so mind is elsewhere will post tomorrow when i hope to know lol.

was starving today so tomorrow back onto using 3 syns on an extra weetabix so i dont feel starving at lunch lol

hope you all are well

Personally I think there are far worse things you could be spending your syns on, Ronnie. If its stopping you being hungry then its a good spend.

EF, congrats on the 3.5 off!!!! Thats a great start to getting rid of the holiday baggage.

I too was shocked yesterday, mid week last week I was 1lb down, but the body is a mysterious creature who plays its own tune. Will be 100% this week and then hopefully things will be back to normal next week. I was 1.5lb ahead for my 2lb a week loss now, and thats been wiped out this week - and so now I am 2lb behind. Urgh. What a costly 1.5lb.

Never mind. Just have to work harder.

EF - congrats on the 3.5lb loss

MLM - you will lose that 1.5 and more next week hun - try not to let it get you down, I remember how I felt when I first gained.

Everyone else hope you are all having a great week - sorry but don't have much time to catch up at the moment. Lots going on here and haven't sat down for the past two days unless it's been sitting in the car, eating (sometimes even that is done standing up) or using the loo!
Hope it's gonna calm down soonish.

Have a great week guys

Thanks Rosie and MLM. I could have done better this week, with going to the gym, that would have been 4lb me thinks. But have felt so rough, and work so long hours during school hols that I couldn't do it.

Im off sick today, need to get some antibiotics, so booked to see GP at 10.50am and my son too as his cough has been lingering for 10 days now. I was going to just take the morning off with my TOIL hours, but have no energy, my head is thumping and my chest is really tight and weasey, so would only be spreading that in the office anyway. Will do a few bits from home re work, online, which is not stressful, so still resting.

MLM, you'll get that off next week, and maybe a little more, and im sure you'll be back into swing with your averaging at 2lb a week :)

Now to get some tea down me and paracetamol. Chat later x

Hope you feel better soon EF. Seems to be something nasty going around, few of my colleagues have come down with flu like symptoms. Hopefully the antibiotics get rid of it a.s.a.p.

MLM, a gain can be disheartening but will be off in no time. As you say you feel bloated so its likely to be food weight or water. I am sure you will have that gain and more off next week.

CD, sorry about the cochlear. It is one of those things that you are tested and tested for and then may never come into reality. Sort of builds up hope and then is taken away, I understand how you must be feeling. Though there are some brilliant hearing aids available throught the NHS and privately now so I am sure you will notice an improvement. What percentages do you have in the ear with hearing? Hope things go well for you. Were you attending the cochlear implant centre in Bradford?

CD, sorry about the cochlear. It is one of those things that you are tested and tested for and then may never come into reality. Sort of builds up hope and then is taken away, I understand how you must be feeling. Though there are some brilliant hearing aids available throught the NHS and privately now so I am sure you will notice an improvement. What percentages do you have in the ear with hearing? Hope things go well for you. Were you attending the cochlear implant centre in Bradford?

Hi Libra

No I was at LGI where I had the original brain surgery, I went to their ent & audiology depts. My consultant there is really nice and explained it all.....but it was still a kick in the ariss :( Im down to moderate loss in my good ear so conversation is a real nightmare, but the real issue is with the loss of hearing from one side now and having no balance function its impacting on the vertigo symptoms making things a little scary at times near traffic. so the best they can offer is a BI-cross aid that somehow sends sound to my good ear(when Ive got an aid in that too) but I'l 'hear' it in my dead one.....I think lol :confused: but they said its difficult sometimes to get the settings right and it can make you dizzy??!! anyway thats why I had the kitkat.....then I pinched one of OH's mars bars from his golf bag last night and ate it in the loo :break_diet::cry: :mad:

Morning all!!!

Sorry i havent posted recently, i spent 11 hours everyday on sat, sun and monday decorating the flat with not internet access!! Thank you for all your well wishes!! Were still staying at parents until our furniture arrives but putting in bits that we dont use!!

I put on 2.5lb this week!! :( I know why as although i must have done a lot of body magic this weekend i also ate my OHs mums cooking all weekend, chinese, pie, white rolls, pizza, lasagne and wine and champagne so i cant really whinge!! I will try my hardest to get it off next week - id like to squeeze a gym visit in somewhere but im just so busy!!

I was also ill at the weekend and had a funny tummy, im not sure if it was all the paint fumes or the fact that my body had an overload of naughty foods!!!

I cooked a SW roast last night in my new flat :D our first dinner together :) I want to make Dauphinoise potatoes tonight, anyone know a SW recipe???

Well done on your loss EF, hope your feeling better soon and well done for avoiding McDs!!!

MLM, sorry to hear you had an unexpected gain hun, hopefull that'll be off next week plus a little bit more!!

Libra, nice to see a post from you!! Well done on your stone loss and your 4 stones in total!!! :D im sure you look amazing!!

CD sorry to hear about your cochlear implant, bless your OH mine would have bought me all the chocolate in site thinking it would make me feel better lol. Hope everything works out as they've planed.

Ronnie glad to hear your back on track today hun, after this weekend i think im going to struggle getting back on track, ive got a taste for naughtiness now!!

Rosie that cracked me up about your little one!!! Hope it doesnt happen again!!

Glad to hear about your flat Zombie!! I cant wait to get unpacking in mine!!!!

Hope ive not missed anyone!!! xx

Hiya all - still alive!!
Had a fab Hen weekend in Benidorm, not getting in til 7am after fab nights out - lots of dancing - so great body magic - however lots of achohol and naughty food eeekkkkk. Have kinda lost the plot since being back too, can not stop eating crap......not weighing in tonight as got something on so think its subconcious as I know im not weighing in......
Im going to try and get back on the wagon tomorrow - dont know what the damage of the weekend is - might wi on wii tonight to see....

Pesty - great to see you on here, and so pleased your move went well, and look at you, Domestic Goddess :), cooking a roast, thats lovely and so romantic, your first cooked meal together :angeldevil:. I wouldn't worry about the gain, that will be off once you can start eating properly. I remember moving in with Ian last year, and I'd lost 2 stone before I moved in, but the stress of moving and not being able to cook properly does add the lb's, but they do also come off quick too. Just think of it as a holiday gain, and its not a bad one either hun.:D

Lenlu, great to see you on here, and you enjoyed your hen weekend away, thats the thing though when you go away, you really can't stick to a diet, unless you are doing self catering. So I think, once this eve's night out is over, then try and get back on plan as you'll keep putting it off. I know the feeling believe me!

Got my pills and potions, got penicilin in the end, its a virus thats turned into a chest infection as well, so they'll kick the bleeder :).

Not had any brekkie this morn, as my throat felt like it'd closed up, but now had about 1.5 litres of water and gonna attack some mixed fruit which I bought in Tesco. That'll hopefully start me off, so I can have a late lunch at 2ish, of Pasta n sauce with baby corn and mushrooms. Soft so that should go down ok too :).

Libra, sorry to hear about the job loss threat, its awful at the moment, every borough has been hit..With your skills, you'll be fine, look at Agency work for now, if at all needed for the temp resolution, see what agencies are out there and what you need to do, what the best ones are to work with.. Thats what I'm doing. Though our threats are for us all, we will not know for sure til end of October if we have been cut, then we will be offered job matches, but will still need to apply for those. After that, its then the redundancy route, but that could take up to a year as well. Whats your process in your area? Almost forgot to say hun.. well done on getting into size 14 ;) xx

Pesty - Can't find a recipe for the douphinoise, but copied this for you, for Potatoe Gratin, Britmums recipe and looks the same and apprently is yummy. Gonna give it a go myself with pork steaks. http://www.minimins.com/sw-winter-warmer-recipes/165975-dauphinoise-potatoes.html . I'd par boil the potatoe first though, then slice it. Shouldn't take as long and also should absorb the milk and cheese more that way too. You could add chopped ham and mushrooms too. xx

Hallo!

Still feeling crappy over here, hope you feel better soon Eternal!

Pesty, good luck with all the decorating and furniture arranging. Part of me loves that sort of thing, part of me hates it. I love picking it all out and planning it, and I love the finished result, but I am a lazy mare at heart and wish it would just paint itself.

Seem to be quite a few of you with job worries lately, I hope things work out for you all in a way you would like and most definitely deserve.

Have cleaned out my puter and dusted my desk today. Cue more sneezing, but the puter feels much better for it and is doing what I ask it to without me waiting half an hour for it to recognise that it needs to, having first waded through the inch thick layer of dust.

Have to go shopping in a bit, somewhat short on superfree, and indeed, free. Minx in law came this morning so things have all been happening later than advertised.

Catch up with you later!

Back