From here to Eternally Slim

couldnt be arsed to 'make' lunch so i had sw wedges that were leftover from the other day,zapped in microwave and with synfree tommy k then a chopped up banana with a toffee mullerlight over it,then 2 plums and eating a satsuma as i type so pretty pleased that im in a such a cant be arsed mood but sticking to plan ok.

haha i thought the same as CD!!! It has given me an idea tho, im making eton mess for pud tonight and think i may use a raspberry muller in it! yummy!

xxx

HA HA I thought the same!:)

Pesty thanks for the list hun have printed it off and will keep it here.:)

Luverick - thank you and yes I am looking forward to it.:)

CD - :)Thank you for your kinds words and hope you feel better soon and hope the new meds start working - its not a fun time is it - I think its the not knowning how long, She had BC had had the Mas. Then had a test at the radcliffe in oxford and it showed she had 99.9% chance of getting it back to improve her chances she was advised to 1. Have ovaries out 2. Have other breast off. - this was done another year and a half went by then a lump in her neck - they didn't remove all the Breast Tissue. Another operation. Okay for awhile then numb mouth - not sure what causes this Kemo or ? - went to have scan - found out lump in Brain, went to have another scan didnt bo head but Torso and found 5/6 hot spots - not good news really - she has to go back for Head scan. Inbetween all this the operation didn't go well, plus other things had happened so she has gone through the mill a bit. But she is still here at the moment and who knows what life has in store next - but I am here spending as much time as poss with her.:)

Sorry for long post - but it does me good getting it all off my chest.

And once again many thanks for all your comments and hugs..

Last edited:
Dont be sorry for the long post huni, we all want to be here for you and are hoping for the best for your friend so hearing how your feeling enables us to try our best to give you some support. Its sometimes easier to divulge your feelings to others that are not directly linked to you.

It does sound like she's been through a lot!! My dad cant feel his tongue but he has just had his cancer removed from his throat and had radiotherapy so i think that's why, your friend may of course be different.

All of us really are hoping for the best for her. As with my grandma it is hard as you just dont know how long you have with them, a small positive is that it makes us appreciate ever second we do have to the fullest and lets us make sure they know how much they are loved

xxxx

Thanks Pesty - Hope your Dad is feeling okay and Granma gets all the necessary care and treatment she needs. - God Bless to all who are suffering with this disease.

Hey Rosie,

Maybe you've just had a blow out - just because, I know that's a bit strange but usually half way through the plan i get a bit itchy to have a naughty meal, trouble is once my body gets the taste for it that one meal becomes all the naughty meals ive missed. Dont panic about it, you've got it out your system hopefully and if you have a gain this week then nevermind, you'll soon get it off, just try to minimise the damage with lots of superfree foods and water. You never know you might get a really good loss the following week as your body will have reset itself. Im willing to bet it is probably what has made you feel unwell, your body has gotten use to being a temple and so doesnt like naughty foods anymore!! Try not to be too strict with yourself just be as good as possible 10 syns a day til WI. xxx

xxxx

Thanks pesty
After thinking about it I'm kinda wondering if it's to do with the new job and the fact that I'll not be with my boy during the day anymore. Although he will still be with his dad it's still a bit worrying as OH isn't too well at the moment having be diagnosed with fibromialgia (spelling).

Also the fact that I've not worked for an employer for over 4 years and thinking about going back to work is very scarey! So I need to get my head round everything and really start to work through it all.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Good morning (almost midday:eek:)

Thanks everyone for you support and kind words. The meeting on Thursday was informative and the directors said that they were trying to keep hold of as many front line staff as they could, but still couldn't give us falst pretences. Their were 5 different unions there and all asked why the process had taken so long before letters were sent out, and why some of us (me and a few others) didn't get our letters til this week (a month later). No real answers from the management, as they didn't know. I think I need to now put this out of my mind (well to the back anyway) and get on with my life and work til I know. I've made enquiries as to Agency Work for short term and there is lots of that about for Mental Health and L/D Support Workers, which I've done lots of. So I'll be ok.

Ronnie - well done on the new job hun, were you working for local council too? What a relief, andh you must have really been what they were looking for too :).

CD, don't worry about the "eating" blow out, we all do it, whats important is to get back on track, so you can have a STS week on Monday. Lots of free and SF foods will do it, free soups and lots of fruit will help too. Filling, but all fat burning. Well done for the loss by the way :).

Pesty, Im sure you will be good at the cupcakes and you'll be strict to just have the 1 :D, hot out of the oven before the icing goes on ;). Have a great time at the baby shower. Your OH is ace, already getting 2 of those flat packs put into cabinets :).

Luverick, hope the green day went well yesterday, have you tried making a pasta bake with Quorn sausages, and spice it up? Thats really nice :).

KitKat - when are you going to see Kings of Leon? Well done on bagging those tickets :D.

Scanbran, that incy wincy pound will be off by now, and you will be crashing it too next week at WI ;). It wouldn't be bad to maintain for a while anyway. It would probably do you good. A little rest and pressure off, for a couple of weeks, might spur you on to get back on plan and really give it a good week :D.

Worked last night and went straight to Tesco this morning, had shopped and put it all away by 9.15am, caught up on Corrie episodes last night (as watched BB instead) had my brekkie (big fruit cocktail), and now doing an assignment :D. Thought a positive and constructive morning might get my in the good mood to complete some more of my NVQ4.

Am working a little earlier this eve, they want me in by 6pm, so taking over all the ingredients to make a sausage and pasta bake - sw style. The client I look after, loves pasta and I'll just smother his in cheese to increase his cals when I serve it. Meant to get to gym this morn, but again, no time with all this studying to do. So off there tomorrow, after meeting a friend for lunch. Got the family Lamb Shanks, which I'll casserole for them and OH can cook Potatoes and veggies to go with it. I'll not be back til gone 6pm, so got myself some sushi to take to work tomorrow night as not eating with family, after my lunch out.

Registered at Selfridges yesterday, to get the santa grotto tickets for my nieces and nephew. They are always sold out way before I get online, so this way, they email you as soon as they go on sale.

Right off to research theories (fun, fun fun!!! ).

xx

Morning all :D (Gone midday :D)

Busy old day ahead, need to get everything I would normally do tomorrow done today (other than make the school lunches) because I just wont have time tomorrow. Also its my mums 60th today and she is coming for tea tomorrow, so I need to do the preparation for that. This will include a trifle and a birthday cake I wont be eating (cry) and some SW scotch eggs. Also have to get myself and all my stuff ready for tomorrow, I have to be there for 9.45 so I need to be able to get up get ready and go. Trousers are in the wash, a pair of size 14 Dotty P ones I bought years ago, (SIZE 14!!! :eek:)
I need to iron them, plus the top and cardi I bought, and find a handbag big enough to keep my book in, and wrap my mums presents.

Gutted yesterday, found a gorgeous pair of shoes, a really deep magenta colour and stupidly high for a woman my height but the right size (9) in TK Maxx. Tried them on and they looked FAB. But when I looked at them more closely, they had a black mark on the back of the heel and had clearly been worn outside because there was substantial scuffing to the soles. Still, I LOVED them, so I took them over to the customer services and they offered me a paltry 3 quid off them. 3 QUID!!! For a pair of effectively second hand shoes!!! So I said no and left them. If they had offered me them half price or something it might have been worth it.

Anyway, I ended up with a pair of less exotic black ones which were a lot cheaper, and will go ok with trousers, and are far less likely to cause me to break my neck.

Have dyed my hair, red was looking a bit faded so now we are a fetching shade of "midnight red", which is black with red tones to it. I probably look like a ghost but never mind, nothing a hefty coating of bronzing powder wont disguise. Better just hope I get SOME sleep tonight or I will have even bigger circles under my eyes.

Sorry I dont have time to reply to you all individually, still got to get the food shopping and do all the above things before I go to bed tonight, plus all the usual childcarey things, but didnt want to read and run - but seem instead to have spent the entire post blethering about myself, but I hope you all have a really good weekend. I will report in on the WOTY event but it will probably not be until Monday coz of everything going on tomorrow.

(((hugs all)))

Hello MLM.

Wowww, you are getting yourself ready for the event tomorrow. Hair sounds good, adn your black shoes with your black trousers (well done on the size 14's if I've not said that already). You must be rushed off your feet too, relax a little and stop for a coffee - it will all go well for you tomorrow. Have fun at the party today, and you can look forward to enjoying yout tea tomorrow eve too. Good luck tomorrow, can't wait to hear all of your news on Monday. Big hugs. xx

Afternoon all,

Had a quick catch up this morning. Work has got me stressed out so not had time to pop on in the week, thank god for weekends!

Hugs to everyone who is having a tough time at the moment. Seems to be a few of us having difficult things to try and cope with at the moment.

KK, really sorry to hear your news. Must be very hard for you but you sound as if you are being a very supportive friend. I am sure that it is comforting for your friend having you there x

EF, best to try and put it out of your head. It is a horrible time at the moment, and I know how you are feeling from the redundancy aspect. I am sorry your partner is not being very supportive, it would give you a bit of breathing space if he was. I think you are right to weigh up your options and think of your son and yourself. As others have said you are too special to be treated in such a way x

Pesty, you sound as though you are settling well into the flat and I am so happy for you hun. It has been a long time coming but is now worth all the hurdles you jumped over. I hope you have many happy years with your partner in your new home together x

RP, congrats on the new job. A big step to go from being a full time Mum to working and I know it is tough to leave the little un at home. But I also think it can be very good for both of you too. I stayed at home until my daughter was ready to start school full time and she was hysterical every morning I dropped her off. This went on for ages as for the previous years she had been at my side every day. On the other hand I went back to work when my boys were about 1 year old and they coped with school much better. It also gave me a lot more confidence working and having time to be myself other than being mummy. I hope things work out for you hun x

MLM, congratulations on WOTY! I hope you have a great time and I am sure you will look lovely. We'd love to see a photo of you all dressed up for the occasion. Hair sounds a nice colour too. Good luck and what a fantastic achievement. You have come so far and size 14 is fab x

CD, hope you are feeling better soon. It is awful when it affects balance and I see so many people who struggle with this. I have my fingers crossed that it will clear up soon x

Sorry to anyone else I have left out, well done to everyone who has lost this last week. SB that small gain will be off in no time and remind yourself of just how far you have come, you have achieved so much already.

I had a lovely time at Sister in Law's and my waistline definitely recognised that I had been eating her cooking! I reckon that I would have put on about 2lb in the time I was there. I didn't weigh in last week but I am expecting a gain or STS this week as it is the dreaded * week too! Oh well, Club 10 will have to wait a little while longer but I WILL get there!

Have a lovely weekend everyone xxx

Thanks EF & Libra! Nice to see you around Libra, I know its hard for you to make it on but its always good to see you when you do!

To be honest, I feel a bit weird accepting congratulations for WOTY. OK, I am going as our groups representative to the district heats, but from everything I have read here, groups are supposed to vote on who they think should be WOTY, and that definitely didnt happen in my case, so I feel a bit fraudulent. Others have said they had a nice little presentation at group and I have seen photos of people having that happen, but thats not happened to me, so I dont feel like I really AM our groups WOTY at all. Does that seem weird?

Anyway, enough faffing about. I really DO have to go get on with stuff, or I will be still up at 2am ironing and faffing about.

Have a lovely day all :)

Hello Libra,

Thanks for your supportive words. You may be surprised at the WI, if you have been on plan since you got back ;). Always nice to go away isn't it and you can never be 100%. But thats reality and doing SW its easy to pull it back. As long as you enjoyed it, thats the main thing. Club 10 might be a little longer, but you WILL get there as you said. xx

Thank you girls x I will try and get on more often but hubby broke the dongle for the internet on the PC so I have to sneak on eldest's macbook when he is out! Couldn't really have a go at hubby for breaking the dongle as he was hoovering at the time! Will have to get a new one sorted out.

I will try and get on here more often but work has been so hectic. I have worked till midnight on three occasions this week at home trying to catch up with the million and one things I need to do. I still have loads to organise and case recording to do but I flatly refuse to work weekends. We don't get paid for any over time and I have 46 hours of Lieu time that I feel I can't really take due to being so busy! Vicious circle!

Anyway, you thoroughly deserve to be there in my opinion MLM. And I am pretty sure that if your group voted, you would have been their number one choice. You have a fantastic sense of humour, are very kind and supportive, thoughtful, funny, have lost a good deal of weight and I could go on and on. You deserve it hun, enjoy it to the max xxx

I hope so EF. Like you say you never know. I will WI in on Tuesday and post the results whether good or bad. Thanks for your support hun x

RP, congrats on the new job. A big step to go from being a full time Mum to working and I know it is tough to leave the little un at home. But I also think it can be very good for both of you too. I stayed at home until my daughter was ready to start school full time and she was hysterical every morning I dropped her off. This went on for ages as for the previous years she had been at my side every day. On the other hand I went back to work when my boys were about 1 year old and they coped with school much better. It also gave me a lot more confidence working and having time to be myself other than being mummy. I hope things work out for you hun x
xxx

Thanks Libra - I know it's going to help my son, but am just a bit worried about the whole thing. I can't wait to actually get to work, am looking forward to it in one way - it's all a little confusing and scary at the same time though :)

MLM - hope you have a fab day tomorrow - all the very best for it.

EF - hope you manage to get all the work done that you need to get sorted

*hugs* to all those having a tough time at the moment, either weight wise or anything else. I do hope that things all get better for you all

For those who are having a fab time at the moment I truly hope it continues for you all :)

Morning

Had a bad night at work, my client was awake most of the night,so am shattered. To top that off this morning, I stood on his digital scales and it has showed no loss all week!! Hmmm, I know I shouldn't, but its WI tomorrow, so thought I'd peep. But now its got me, thinking, to hold off on my WI til Thursday, as there is another group about a mile away. Don't want another STS week, and I do think that EE hasn't given me much this week. Last day of EE today and gonna switch to Red 4 days a week, and EE the other 2 before WI!

Libra, only asked the question as it sounded familiar to my work load, but nothing like it, lol..

MLM, am thinking of your busy day today, one of pride, joy and relief too. Hope its a good one.

Right off to do some more of my assignment xx

Hello Everyone

Hope you've all had a nice wkend so far, and making the most of Sunday?

OH has gone to golf (after making us a luverly big sw friendly fry up) Im still banned from the kitchen as Im not back to normal (thats a joke lmao :p) with my balance but Im back to using the zimmer again and wont be long till im back on the crutches I dont reckon as I'm heaps better.:)

Got a really busy week next week Hospital wise :sigh:...
Got to travel to Leeds tues to the balance clinic,
Leeds weds- Audiology about my BiCros aids
Leeds Thus Botox for the spasms (pity I cant have a bit for the wrinkles :D)
then pinderfields wakefield for my Brain scan to make sure everything is as it should be ;) and to see the Surgeon again Then the following monday local hosp for the Barium swallow.....Jeez Its enough to make a person dizzy :rolleyes: Im just glad my ear prob is easing off a bit or the journeys would be hideous :eek:

Soooooo Im off for a bit of a lazy lay on the sofa now til OH comes back. Enjoy the rest of the day everyone x x

Hello!

I will do a proper update on the day in my diary so I can talk about what went on but I will do that tomorrow coz I am totally wiped out, but just to let you know that I made it through the first round to the "final 9" but didnt get selected to be in the nationals.

I am chuffed to bits though coz a) I havent been going for THAT long, b) I HATE public speaking and c) the area covered north wales, chester and the wirral, so thats a pretty big area to make it into the top 9 for!

I also learned that I am actually an inch shorter than I used to be, which means I will a) have to adjust it on my details in my profile b) am actually not as close to a healthy BMI as I thought and c)that also means I can afford to lose a little extra weight before I go target. So, I think... I might go for the 100lb loss.

Off to bed now, will write up proper in my diary tomorrow :) GL for weigh in monday people!

Morning all!!

Hope you all had a good weekend!! Well done in getting into your size 14s and getting into the 9s at WOTY, its such an achievement. Your our WOTY, regardless of how well you got on :D xx

I need your help, this weekend is a fancy dress party and i need something to wear i have a back up plan of a butterfly but want something a bit more special to show off my new figure :D

I have been looking at the Supergirl costume in Argos but its nearly £40!!! Does anyone have any alternative ideas for me??

Im not holding high hopes for WI tonight *prays for a STS* although i didnt only eat one cupcake whilst cooking i kept licking my fingers when icing the cakes, resulting in me feeling quite ill!! lol.

xxx

Back