From here to Eternally Slim

HI

Update on my Friend - No change on Brain so are just going to keep an eye on it. Radiotherpay first for the other bits then Chemo then if thats doesn't work her doctor has another treatment plan should this not work that well so thats sounds a bit more positive. :)

Thanks Pesty - I know he's not looking forward to the drive but like you say in this current climate a job is a job I know he will put his all into it and give it 100%. Think his confidence took a hit but hopefully he'll be okay...:)

Not sure if I'd want to be in a new flat on my own :(- but I'm sure you defend your palace in your supergirls outfit KAPOW!:)

Thanks Scanbran :)

KK - glad to hear the slightly better news about your friend - fingers crossed that the radiotherapy works and that it clears everything up *hugs* enjoy your trip to harrogate and congrats to your OH on his new job - am sure it will all work out :)

Pesty - Hope things work out for your OH and that you don't have to stay alone at night in the flat - I don't think I'd like it :(

I'm quite chuffed - I managed a full day on plan - and only used 8.5 syns :) small steps for me at the moment! Am feeling positive at the moment about the rest of the week - have even thought about what I'm doing for tea tomorrow - SW meatloaf :) :D

Well done Pesty for STS, its a good week, if you know you went off track a little,and next week, you'll carry on loosing.

KK, congrats to your hubbie on the new job, thats great :)

Rosie thats a small gain and you know you'll have that off next week.

Scanbran, how are you?

I think we all need to look in the sky when Pesty is out on her fancy dress party, if you see a flash going passed, it'll be Pesty - Superwoman ;). 10/12?? Way to go girl you go for it!

After I made my decision last night to go to WI, I was dreading it, like queuing up in the dentist it was, lol.. got on the scales and lost a lb! So better then not going me thinks and that EE week didn't do too badly after all :).

Today has been manic with the schools, I've been completing accreditations and getting folder work in before the next cohesion begining of October. So not time to get on today, but am in school and laptop on all day, so will pop in and out when I can.

Sleep tight one and all xxx

KITKAT ....glad the news was slightly more positive for your friend and a huge congrats to your hubby too!!

PESTY....well done on the sts hun!! it'll be a fantastic week for you this week :) my hubby works nights on his shift pattern and you get used to it after a little while,in fact,dare i say you even enjoy it after a while...bed to self etc....although i do seem to sleep lighter on those nights.

EF...woo hoo,congrats on the 1lb loss and it just goes to show that it really is the right decision to go to weigh in!!

MLM...you really our our little star :)

well im planning a green day today....hubby on earlies so been up since 5 and i always get starving on these days so green will be better.....and i always love getting my extra a and b!!

hope everyone has a good day x

hi all.
i have tried lots of diet progs and never had much luck, always got bored and hungry !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning :)

Luverick, I like the extra a and b when you do red or green too. This week, i was going to stay on Red, but as I did get a loss this week, I'm mixing the days up. I'm on EE for a cpl of days and then will switch to Red for a cpl etc..

Hope everyone is welll, KK - sorry the tests weren't any better for your friend, hopefully the Radiopherapy will help and the new treatment plan may be a winner too :).

Pesty - hope you're getting in practice for your wonderwoman "whirl" ;).

Had to go and buy a new swimsuit and leggings for gym yesterday as they have appeared to have gone walkabout..lost my swimsuit and 2 pairs of leggings I usually use, strange!!

Got steak tonight with wedges and grilled tomatoes and mushrooms, was gonna make it a Red Day, but.. then I had nothing to bring in to work for lunch and there are no shops for a good 30 min walk, so have some fruit, sushi and speg hoops now, which makes it an EE day.

Have a good day everyone. xx

Last edited:
Well done on your loss, EF! It's always better going to weigh-in and not skipping it - in the past when I've skipped a weigh-in because I've had a bad week, it's always led to me falling off the plan and going back to my old ways.

:wave_cry:

Hi

Many thanks for all your hugs and good wishes:) - I think it has my friend to all those postive vibes..:vibes:

Well after my couple of weeks (yet to change profile) I had gained 13lbs! :eek:
I know bad girl, now not having weighed myself for the last sat till this morning I'm glad to say I have lost 6lbs :)
:happy036:whoo hoo still more than when I first started but at least its now coming off.:)

Although I have Harrogate to get through yet - but hopefully I can make good choices - it will be a buffet breakfast so I'll choose to have a green day if possible but then saying that I will be having Sunday dinner at the hotel - so might have to look at the menu first to decide. mmm:)

Everyone loves the hair cut (phew) they think it makes me look younger - fantastic...:)

Have a good day everyone.

And once again many thanks for all the hugs...and good wishes to hubby.:thankyou::grouphugg:

Thanks EF -

Has anyone else tried the NEw flavour of Philadelphia light cheese - sweet chilli - OMG its hot and totally yummy. Only snag is I'm not sure of the syns or how much to have on a HEX A - been keeping to just knife full to use as spread - mmm mmm

Also Quick cheese sauce Laughing cow cheeses (I used 4 ) melted in tbsp of water mmm mmmm

Two tips for today.

Right best do some work - I'll log back on later.

Morning all!!

Well done KK for a fantastic loss!! You must feel amazing to be back on track!!! Im glad to hear that the tests havent come back with bad news even if it wasnt the 'best' news possible.

You cracked me up, i'll go to bed in the outfit, could you imagine the burglars face when i jump out of bed in a superwoman outfit hahaThanks for the tips too.

Kraft Philadelphia Light, Sweet Chilli 28g

extraeasy.gif
2 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 2 Syns
green.gif
Green 2 Syns

57g of philadelphia light all varieties is a healthy extra!

Funny thing is i can only find it on a B choice red and green days!!!??? Have i been mistaken all this time??

Luverick - Thanks for the well done :D i think i will get use to it if OH does get the job - well i think i'll have to!! haha

Rosie well done for only 8.5 syns yesterday!! I was rather naughty and had a total of 31.5 - opps!! Still i have taken them off my weekly allowance and still have 12 each day and will do my best to stay on the wagon, if anyone has that superglue idd much appreciate a bit!!

Thanks EF!! I was a bit dubious about getting the 10-12!! It came in the post yesterday and i tried it on and it fits :D :D its a bit short where my body is still a bit wide but it looks ok and goes perfectly with my favourite blue heels haha.

Dinner tonight is pork chop, roasted veg and ainsley cous cous, then off to the pub to watch the footy!! I might leave OH there and get some cleaning done though!! haha Ive aimed for 11 syns today so hopefully should be on track.

I have a question!! The tablets that i have to take make me feel too sick to eat breakfast. I started having a glass of milk but then by 9:30 i was starving and picking until lunch. I was at my mums who has Slim-Fast power and so i had a glass of that for breakfast and its really helping me not to feel sick but not to feel staving either. Now i love SW and would never leave for the Slim-Fast diet!! But i am currently syning the powder (5.5 syns) is it right to syn it or as it is replacing a whole meal am i running the risk of not consuming enough?? This is only temporary until i can come of my meds in a month bt wanted opinions please :D

xxxx

I have a question!! The tablets that i have to take make me feel too sick to eat breakfast. I started having a glass of milk but then by 9:30 i was starving and picking until lunch. I was at my mums who has Slim-Fast power and so i had a glass of that for breakfast and its really helping me not to feel sick but not to feel staving either. Now i love SW and would never leave for the Slim-Fast diet!! But i am currently syning the powder (5.5 syns) is it right to syn it or as it is replacing a whole meal am i running the risk of not consuming enough?? This is only temporary until i can come of my meds in a month bt wanted opinions please :D

xxxx

Ok, you asked for opinions, not qualified expert advice, so here goes with the nonsense :D

I think you're absolutely fine to use this 'drink' as a tool to get you through the mornings. If it's helping you, and is sustainable, then go for it.

I currently have a bit of an issue with the 'not eating enough' argument. I always advocated the 'keep eating, little and often to raise the metabolism' philosophy, and it DOES make sense, but this week I've tried something different, and deliberately skipped some meals, and ate much much less overall. I actually feel great so far (5 days in), bursting with energy, and my home scales show a substantial loss too.

So, what I suppose I mean is, I think as long as it fits in with your overall plan, do what feels right. If you can't eat in the morning, but you need something to fill your stomach, at least the SF drink will be nutrionally beneficial while doing the job.

Told you it would be nonsense ;)

Ok, you asked for opinions, not qualified expert advice, so here goes with the nonsense :D

I think you're absolutely fine to use this 'drink' as a tool to get you through the mornings. If it's helping you, and is sustainable, then go for it.

I currently have a bit of an issue with the 'not eating enough' argument. I always advocated the 'keep eating, little and often to raise the metabolism' philosophy, and it DOES make sense, but this week I've tried something different, and deliberately skipped some meals, and ate much much less overall. I actually feel great so far (5 days in), bursting with energy, and my home scales show a substantial loss too.

So, what I suppose I mean is, I think as long as it fits in with your overall plan, do what feels right. If you can't eat in the morning, but you need something to fill your stomach, at least the SF drink will be nutrionally beneficial while doing the job.

Told you it would be nonsense ;)

Thats not nonsense!! lol it makes total sense. I agree with the little and often theory, and usually use it to excuse myself eating something small every hour until about 3pm then have dinner later and that's it!

Its taking up an awful lot of my syns tho!!

Its always good to try something different. For the last 2 weeks ive been drinking SF, i was incredibly naughty last week and STS and wasnt angelic the week before and lost 3.5lb. I think i'll stick with drinking it and synning it and see how i get on. It counts for 38.5 of my syns for the week so maybe thats why i had a good loss the other week!

Now who's talkin nonsense!! haha xx

Its always good to try something different. For the last 2 weeks ive been drinking SF, i was incredibly naughty last week and STS and wasnt angelic the week before and lost 3.5lb. I think i'll stick with drinking it and synning it and see how i get on. It counts for 38.5 of my syns for the week so maybe thats why i had a good loss the other week!

Now who's talkin nonsense!! haha xx

Ach, the syns are only a guide - if it works for you, then do it.
I've stopped counting syns just now - just eating what I think are healthy options and cutting down on the junk/portions.
As long as I feel ok on it, then that's fine.

off to wi tonight - bit of a crappy week, tried to stay on track most of the time but had chinese and a kebab this week. Just feeling fed up at the moment......god I wish I could be one of those people that loses weight when fed up and stressed.....

off to wi tonight - bit of a crappy week, tried to stay on track most of the time but had chinese and a kebab this week. Just feeling fed up at the moment......god I wish I could be one of those people that loses weight when fed up and stressed.....

I'm with you on that one!

Congrats EF on the 1lb loss :D :) fingers crossed for even more next week :)

Pesty - many congrats on the 10/12 superwoman outfit - am sure you will be the star of the party :) Sorry about the meds making you feel sick in the mornings. Does SF still taste bad or does it taste good these days - I did it years ago for a while - hated it - the only one I could drink was the hot chocolate - and even that was nasty!

KK - congrats on the fab loss :) keep it up and you will soon lose that gain :)

Wish stress and worry would help me lose weight - but I'm the complete opposite and pile it on instead! :(

Anyway onwards and downwards for all of us I hope :)

Back