From here to Eternally Slim

Yeahhhhh well done MLM, amazing you really are. Sorry I put the wrong weight down yesterday, 6 stones, OMG.. xx

Well done MLM!!! That's fantastic!!! Like you say losing the 1lb instead of all of it gives you something to aim for next week!! :D

1.5lb off for me this week!! I was so pleased as i have been very naughty!! Still nothing holding me back this week and 1.5lb to go until my 2 stone award and 2lb to go until im in the 10 stones!!!! I have never been in the 10 stones since i was about 9/10 years old so it'll be a massive achievement for me!!

Has anyone got any good quiche recipes they can recommend, im cooking for OHs mates whilst watching the footy and thought it is a good opportunity to try out some recipes i havent done before so im going to do;

KFC Chicken
Potato skins (with bacon and cheese)
Quiche (if i can get a good recipe!)

and an unslimming worldly pizza but i wont be having any lol.

My friend joined last night, its really good to have a friend with me to spur me on to do well - the new group was brilliant too although they havent gone digital yet so she had none of my details and forgot to introduce me to the group!! Still i piped up a few times so i think people will soon get to know me haha. I also won some ex light mayo in the raffle which is a massive bonus as OH wouldnt let me get any until we'd finished the other mayo (which was 2 syns per tbsp)

Hope everyone has a good day!!! :D

xxx

Morning

Have put a big beef stew in the slow cooker this morning, all free on EE, so can have a lot of that tonight. Will aim to gym it a few times this week and stay on track to get a good loss next week. Am going away in 3 weeks, and the time is just flying passed.

Pesty, well done on the 1.5lb loss :)

Off to work now, so will try and pop in a little later. Enjoy your day. xxx

Morning EF,

I am literally salavating at my computer, I LOVE beef stew!! We had chicken stew last night, which was amazing, i forgot how brilliant a slow cooker is!!!

I'll be making morrocan lamb in it over the weekend - its my fav :D

Have a good day at work huni!! xx

woo hoo pesty!! congrats on that 1.5lbs!!
i lost 1.5lbs too leaving me 1lb off my 3 stone next week......lets go for it and get ourselves those shineys!!!

woo hoo pesty!! congrats on that 1.5lbs!!
i lost 1.5lbs too leaving me 1lb off my 3 stone next week......lets go for it and get ourselves those shineys!!!

Yea definitly!!! WE WILL DO IT THIS WEEK!!

No more mucking about for me!! 100% this week!! xxx

Hmmm, I don't know, but its freaky weather. Beef stew still sounds tempting and that slow cooker is my God Send at the moment, got a curry I'm gonna do in there tomorrow as well, saves all that faffing about after work. Mmmm chicken stew, sounds nice. Lamb even better, did Lamb shanks a few weeks back for the family and that went down really well, that'll be a good thing to cook in the slow cooker as well. :) xxx

I love lamb shanks but they're so expensive!!! The slow cookers a god send for me too, not only does it save me from cooking after work but i can cook stuff in there for when my dad comes over - he can only eat mushy foods cuz of the radio therapy he had on his throat cancer xxx

Woot, well done ladies! Great losses all round for the monday people! And it will be a proper stickyfest in here next week if we all crack our sticker goals!!

I almost wish I had started with SW sooner, I would be on my shiny 6 stone sticker now instead of my 3. Ah well, next time!! :D

Evening all,

Well done on the losses everyone and a super fab result for you MLM. We are getting closer and closer and one day target will be ours.

Pesty, the dress is gorgeous and with your new figure I say flaunt it and give the floor length a miss!

EF, slow cooker..have just got one and already love it! Quorn sausage casserole today and Quorn chicken chasseur yesterday. Have a feeling it will be the most used thing in my kitchen! Well, it will have to go some to overtake the washing machine which seems to be permanently on at the moment, but still!

CD, hope you are feeling a bit better hun x Hopefully the break from all the hospital appointments you have had will also be a relief for you. When do you get your aids fitted?

Absolutely hectic at work at the moment. Pull out hair hectic! Things moving on at such a fast pace with the Deaf Awareness event and only 3 weeks to go and so much to do! I am sure it will all come together and I am starting to really look forward to it despite all the hard work!

Weight wise put on 1lb after my visit to sister in laws (WI last week but haven't been on here to update). WI today and lost 3lb which I am pleased with and have hit Club 10 target since rejoining SW in June. I would like to lose another half a stone by the event but will have to see if that is achievable, not going to beat myself up if I don't get there as any lbs off is a bonus. I would dearly love to get into the 11's so hopefully this will be my motivation. The 11's! It has got to have been about 17 years since I have been that weight!

Wishing everyone a successful SW week and will endeavour to get on a bit more this week. I do miss my minimins chums! xxx :grouphugg:

Evening all,

Pesty, the dress is gorgeous and with your new figure I say flaunt it and give the floor length a miss!

Absolutely hectic at work at the moment. Pull out hair hectic! Things moving on at such a fast pace with the Deaf Awareness event and only 3 weeks to go and so much to do! I am sure it will all come together and I am starting to really look forward to it despite all the hard work!

Weight wise put on 1lb after my visit to sister in laws (WI last week but haven't been on here to update). WI today and lost 3lb which I am pleased with and have hit Club 10 target since rejoining SW in June. I would like to lose another half a stone by the event but will have to see if that is achievable, not going to beat myself up if I don't get there as any lbs off is a bonus. I would dearly love to get into the 11's so hopefully this will be my motivation. The 11's! It has got to have been about 17 years since I have been that weight!

Wishing everyone a successful SW week and will endeavour to get on a bit more this week. I do miss my minimins chums! xxx :grouphugg:

Hey Libra!!! Always nice to read a post from you!!!

I think your right about the dress, all the girls are wearing full on ball gowns but i think i would rather look good and stick out than feel like i dont look right. Also ill be able to wear that dress again for weddings etc!!

I have to agree slow cookers are a god send on SW, i dont know how i ever lived with out one, i do use it less than i did last year but thats cuz its not proper cold yet!!

Well done for getting your gain off - plus 2 more & your club 10!!!! all the hecticness must be body magic :D Its nice to have something to aim for but as you say dont beat yourself up about it otherwise you might put too much pressure on urself!!

I made chilli last night - well sort of all i had was cumin so it didnt have corriander in it and i put in chilli flakes instead of ground but it was nice all the same - so nice infact i ate 2 portions and felt so bloated all night!!!

Tonights dinner is going to be steak with SW chips beans and an egg!! YUMMY!! Im really looking forward to it!!

Hope everyone has a good day :D xx

To all you slow cooker enthusiasts - what is involved here?

Just bung everything in a pot and slam in the oven for a couple of hours? Longer? Are there actual recipies you use? Are they free?
Why are wasps always angry? No, forget that last one :eek:

Just wondered, as I love Moroccan tagines, and would like to know if I can do it with this slow cooker thing :eek:

Slow cookers are powered by that newfangled electrickery stuff so you dont need to put them in teh oven. But thats the basic principle yes, bung a load of meat and veg and some stock in them, plug em in, clear off for the day, come back, eat cooked dinner. They usually come with a recipe book for ideas of what to stick in them.

And its because they get drunk on ripe fruit. So they arent actually always angry, only from mid summer onwards when they are drunk and aggressive. Truefact.

To all you slow cooker enthusiasts - what is involved here?

Just bung everything in a pot and slam in the oven for a couple of hours? Longer? Are there actual recipies you use? Are they free?
Why are wasps always angry? No, forget that last one :eek:

Just wondered, as I love Moroccan tagines, and would like to know if I can do it with this slow cooker thing :eek:

HAHAHAHAHA you do crack me up Scanbran!!

Slow cookers are amazing because you can put meat, veg, stock and seasoning in and put it on the 'low' setting. Go to work and when you get back in 7/8 hours TADA!!! you have a syn free hot yummy dinner!!

There is a whole thread on here with recipes http://www.minimins.com/sw-winter-warmer-recipes/73268-slow-cooker-recipes.html

Im sure it'll be the same as a tangine (only you dont put the slow cooker in the oven - it would melt hehe)

Its only synful if you put synful things in!!

You can make casseroles, roast joints, curries, rice pudding!!! Brilliant!!

xxxx

CD, hope you are feeling a bit better hun x Hopefully the break from all the hospital appointments you have had will also be a relief for you. When do you get your aids fitted?

Im nicely rested up now after my hectic week of travels to hospitals all last week thanks :)
Had a big lazy weekend....My stomach tests on monday and now Im back on plan & focussing on getting my excess baggage shifted :D

Im waiting for a call back from Audiology to be fit up with the BiCros Aids, Its all been approved by the consultant....and Im sticking with travelling to Leeds even tho its a pain as Im a bit of a complicated case (so they tell me :rolleyes:lol.) But the Audiologist I was speaking to at my last visit was telling me she had worked there 19 years and never done one :confused: they're supposed to be really difficult to set up and not used much. Hey Ho it will be worth it tho Im sure if they can get it right, Il be like bionic woman when I get off the crutches and up and about again :D. Do you work with the deaf?,

----------------------------------------------------
Big round of applause for all the Big Losers!!!!! well done you lot :p
Im on a mission for WI on Thus after last weeks pathetic performance:sigh: Been really good eating wise every day exept Monday when It was Nil by mouth til 5.30pm for the Barium meal .....Has anyone had one of them then got weighed! they weigh a ton......then when you do finally 'pass it' its like a cannon ball hitting the loo ....TMI?? LMAO :D:D

Have a good day everyone ! xx

Back