From here to Eternally Slim

Thanks MLM and pesty.

I think I'll get one :cool:

Hello

CD, I had a barium a few years ago, before I was diagnosed with a hernia. Know what you mean about how heavy the stuff is, thick and glupey..and so heavey in your tummy, sinks like lead! Fingers crossed for the new device.

Slow Cookers are a bloody god send. Beef stew last night was yummy,but the dumplings didn't work in it. i turned it up on high when I got back for 2 hours as potatoes hadn't cooked prop, and that had been on for 8 hours. Its trial and error, but i'll get the hang of it :).

More discussion meetings going on at work re redundancy's, looks like its now been put back a bit til December/January before people are given theirs. So at least I can still carry on being paid for what I do til then. Have started to create a 10 week course for young people, to deliver in schools. But will have to see how that pans out.

Food wise.. hmm, not doing badly this week using almost all my syns each day, but was thinking of changing how I tot them up, ie.. start with 70 and then count down, rather then 10 each day, so if I have a night out before the end of that week, it comes out of that 70 and then use a few each day. Does anyone else use their syns like that? Just wondered if it made a difference re mind over matter?

Last but not least.. there is a new Twix out :), only 96 cals each, got 2 from BP garage for snacks in the week, will let you know what they are like, but hey.. 5 syns for a 2 bar choccie, gotta be worth it.

Right back to work, will catch up later. xx

Last edited:
Excellent tip about the twix EF!!! Ill have to keep an eye out!!

The tip with potatoes in the slow cooker is to par boil them! Or if im making a curry i will fry them in fry light for 10 minutes and then add them in, it works the same with meat if you want it to look nice to brown it first then throw it in.

Ive started doing my syns counting back from 105 and it really does help. It makes me not feel guilty if i have 16 instead of 15 and i feel great if i have only 8 as leaves me more for the rest of the week!!

xxxx

Great, thanks Pesty. I always have 10 each day, will try the 70 each week and track it. Just to see if it makes any difference to a loss next week. If it gives me a decent loss then will go to 105 only on the weeks i'm going out for a meal. Just wanna keep it interesting as when i get bored i go off course. Thanks for the tip with the potatoes too. X x x x

EF & Pesty
What a good Idea counting syns from a block starting point backwards!!

I find it really hard to justify having a little offplan treat at the weekend (even tho most days during the week I come in at under 10 syns....Im a creature of habit and as long as I get my kitkat & 2 cubes of dairymilk bubbles im fine lol)

If I started with 70 and counted down I'd not feel half as bad knowing I had a few leftover syns to play with :D aint you clever !! :thankyou: x x

OOOH im loving the sound of the new twix!!! 5 syns for the lot???

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]just came on to tell you this EF.[/FONT]
see you saw yourself but just thought id say they are only 9.5syns so saves you 1/2 a syn,lol!

Twix Twix Fino 38g twin bar[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
9½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 9½ Syns
green.gif
Green 9½ Syns

[/FONT][/FONT]

MLM - can't beleive your son did that to you, although very cool on your reaction to it :) And the revenge was great :D Hope you are feeling more positive now hun.

EF - Congrats on your daughter's engagement, am sure she was just excited and wanted to tell everyone at once.

Pesty - that is a beautiful dress hun :)

Constantly Dizzy - I hope you are feeling much better hun

Many congrats to the massive losses this week - you've all done so well - I lost 1lb on Monday so was ok with that.

However am in serious need of a kick up the butt! I've been really busy this week trying to sort out various things, I've not even been able to get in fresh fruit and veg - not that I eat the fruit but the baby and OH does. I've not had the time to prep proper meals, or even sit down and turn on the computer! I think it's due to this that I've been so far off plan - and I've been about as offplan as you can get for the past 3/4 days.
Have been grazing during the day on non SW foods - basically anything that I can get my hands on. I'm also feeling like a very bad mummy as I've not even been cooking the boy proper meals - he's had sausages, beans, toast, and pasta and sauces for the past 3/4 days! :cry:
Not being helped with the fact that I start the new job on Monday and am worried about how OH is going to cope with boy all day as well as him trying to do dinners!
So lots of stress at the mo - need the kick to try and get me into some sort of gear.

Am debating about whether to take boy to playgroup tomorrow or go to the shops with dad to get food in the house! We don't have a car so rely on dad for lifts or mum's when she's not using it.:sigh:

2lb off for me tonight and in to the next stone - and 1 1/2 pounds til 2.5 stone shiney :)

I hope you all dont mind me joining this thread, but I saw some posts by Constantlydizzy which rang an enormous clanging bell! I cant seem to PM, or I would have so I really hope no-one minds my hijacking to ask. CD, I really hope you dont mind my asking, but what was your brain surgery for? I ask because I have a benign brain tumour which causes terrible balance & hearing problems & your symptoms seem very similar. Mine is called an Acoustic Neuroma... & I am due to have brain surgery before Christmas to remove it...

Morning all!!

Cornish Pisky - of course we dont mind you posting, the more the merrier!!

Well done Lenlu for getting into the next stone bracket - im really hoping to do that this week which will be joint with my 2 stone award, were up for quite a few shineys this week!!

Rosie - :asskick:kick up the bum - as requested!! lol Sometimes we all have weeks when its impossible to stay on track so dont be to hard on yourself, it sounds like you've got a lot going on! As for feeding the boys a few non-SW meals, it wont hurt them, as longs as they're not eating chocolate, crisps and chips for dinner everyday they'll be fine.

EF - you're welcome for the tips :D shame about the twix, these things happen!!

Ive got a beef stew in the slow cooker for dinner tonight, Im really looking forward to it!! lots of super free veg in it too.

I was really pleased last night as i managed to cook dinner, clean both the kitchen and the bathroom from head to toe, wash my hair and get in a food shop!! We only spent £66 and got a lot of meat tooo which im pleased with as im quite short of money and thought it would be about £100.

Trying to get some bills paid and sort out money for the month this month, pretty hard as its OHs bday in Oct, little bros bday beginning of Nov and I have the charity ball to go to. Im taking OH and little bro to footy matches which are going to cost me an arm and a leg - sort of wishing i hadnt suggested it now :(

Hope everyone has a good day!! xxx

Hi all,

I've been AWOL but i'm back now .... I had a major blip and couple of weeks where I wasn't feeling the love for SW but after a shock 5lb gain in 1 week I had a major rethink and last night at weigh in I decided the best thing for me to do is to feel like I am starting from the beginning so I listened in with the newbie talk and put down in my book a new starting weight so from here on in you should see me posting alot more as I am back on my journey with a vengeance. I have until the 19th November to lose a fair bit of weight as I have been given a size 16 ballgown for the SW xmas ball which I would love to get into, a big challenge to me but I now think I have the determination to reach that goal..

Awww Pesty, I feel your pain.

I have a similar pile of financial drama coming up, we have our wedding anniversary in October (and my birthday the same day), then it is middle munchkins 7th birthday early Nov, then christmas, which although needs to be cheaply done, never seems to work out that way...

Really wanted to have a bit of a splurge for our anniversary because its a milestone one, but just havent been able to get anything saved up towards it, so it will prolly end up just packing the kids off to the s-i--l and going out for a meal or something. To be honest, thats in keeping with the whole theme though, coz we had a ridiculously inexpensive wedding.

CornishPisky, dont know why you cant PM, you have enough posts to be able to - but you are certainly welcome here anyway!

Rosie, I know! Dont think I will live that one down for a while. OH will be FINE with the boy. Its normal to worry but he will. Good luck for your new job on Monday, and I am sure you will find it much easier to get back on track when you get into a routine again.

Lenlu, WELL DONE on your great loss this week, fingers crossed for that shiny next week, way things are going its going to be a proper shiny fest in here. Sneaky scales tell me I am going to get mine, but theres many days between now and Monday so the chickens can remain unaccounted for prior to their evacuation from their ovoid domiciles.

Have a good day all!

morning all hope you are all well, well done on everyones losses.

Weigh in today but hoping for a maintain due to major blip at weekend, is darling boyfriends bday today so we have a cinese tonight but will be well within syns. feeling really excited about holiday and leaving work so head not really on sw but trying v hard. When i am back from cornwall (with prob half stone gain lol) will be buying a 12 week countdown and back on it with a vengence so will need some help and motivation if i can rely on you guys

thanks mlm, tbh the only reason i am going for the next 3 weeks is i have paid for it i am trying just not getting there but at least if i put on it will nto be huge and will still be hopefully below 13.9 am 13.6.5 at the moment so playing with the pounds but they are yo yoing

Right, went to get a slow cooker in ASDA last night, and they're sold out :mad:

In a fit of pique I went out and vindictively ordered a large Indian take away meal, comprising chicken pakora, chicken tikka, chicken korma, fried rice, mushroom rice, naan bread, poppadoms and spiced onions!

That'll show ASDA what they're missing :mad:

Obviously, I didn't eat all of this myself, but enough to set alarm bells ringing for my sanity. It's weigh-in today, and I filled myself full of syns the night before!
No chance to make up (oops!).

Damn :D

Well done Lenlu, fab loss :)

MLM, how about doing a really nice sw friendly 3 course meal at home for your anniversary, dress for dinner, candles eetc.. and yes, kids at mums ;).

RJ, we'll help to motivate you on here, you can rely on us to kick your tush when you need it :).

Welcome back Mel, don't worry about that extra gain, it'll come off and you're back on track now, so thats the main thing.

SC, what a shame that Asda had sold out of the slow cookers. Can you not order one and pick it up when it comes in? I've done that before. They might have one in anohter store and get it transferred to your store. Re Indian, line drawn under that yesterday, you are pretty much touching target now, so im sure you're back on plan now.

Luverick, isn't that annoying when you think you've hit gold and then find out its like copper? lol.. Ive got 2 of those in my snack box, didn't bother with half of the pack last night as couldn't be strict on myself, lol.. So had a mint chco shapers nougat bar instead for 4 syns.

Rosie, we all go off track sweetie, and the best thing that you are doing is to get back on the wagon again, which you have done :). Could you not drop your son off at playgroup, then do the shopping with your Dad? Will give you some time to be with your Dad on your own then, while doing the shopping, hands free so to speak. I can imagine how you must feel about your new job, but Rosie.. you got the job as you were the best they interviewed, so..organise what you're gonna wear,what food to take and think of it as something you really have achieved and how good you are to have got it too.

Hello Cornish Pisky, welcome to the thread, really sorry to hear about your condition, we are all here to support you, and its nice that you chose our thread to come onto.

Pesty, hope you enjoy your stew tonight. Re the football matches, can you suggest that you take them to every other one instead of every one, Im sure OH would understand. We can only do what we can do.

I've got chinese tonight, cooking beef chow mein, egg fried rice and sweet and sour chicken. Works out to 4 syns per portion, so am looking forward to that. Didn't have a clue of what to have for lunch today, so grabbed a pack of fresh pineapple from fridge, a bananna and a pack of low fat chili noodles for a EE lunch, Might have to get some baby corn to add to that as well from the supermarket. Trying to only have SF and Free food in the day today.

Right back to work. xx

Last edited:
I hope you all dont mind me joining this thread, but I saw some posts by Constantlydizzy which rang an enormous clanging bell! I cant seem to PM, or I would have so I really hope no-one minds my hijacking to ask. CD, I really hope you dont mind my asking, but what was your brain surgery for? I ask because I have a benign brain tumour which causes terrible balance & hearing problems & your symptoms seem very similar. Mine is called an Acoustic Neuroma... & I am due to have brain surgery before Christmas to remove it...

Hi Cornish ;)

Wow ....snap! my original surgery almost 4 years ago was a bit complicated as I had some problems with a nerve and artery that were touching in the brain due to the tumour, causing hemifacial spasms, they decided to operate on this at the same time as it was giving me unsightly and very painful electric shock spasms through my face....as well as the horrendous balance issues :sigh:. I then had to have a second procedure 3 1/2 years later as the tumour had not been fully removed and this time they took my entire inner ear (labyrinth) and the balance function so hopefully my brain will now begin to learn the new signals from just one side;). Tis slow going but Im tons better.....and life without vertigo will be fab!!!! :D x

Back