From here to Eternally Slim

I want to lose a 17lbs for xmas fingers crossed!!! ha ha ha Im treating myself to a curly wurly tonight 1st bit of choc in 4 days !! x

Yeah im up for a christmas challenge, have to have a good think of a reasonable target - I mean would love another 5 stone before christmas but probably need to be a bit more realistic!! Thinking maybe 16lbs - that will put me at a total loss of 3 1/2 stone......

I'm going for 18lb by Christmas. This week at group we had to come up with our "Chrismas Wish" of weight loss, and stick it like a bauble on this weird tree. I thought - hoped - I might manage to average 1 1/2 pounds a week for the next stone, and a pound a week after that. Sounds ok? It's just sticking to it that's hard...
But 18 should be achievable - so long as I stay on track.

Out to Nando's tonight, which could be a problem! I'm on a red day, so can eat as much chicken as I like, but when you go to Nando's, all the flavour is in the skin - that's the best bit!!!

welcome to festival and jim :) Good luck on your slimming journey.

Lenlu - try smashing it up into tiny bits - add some nutella - roll into balls - or I just put them into teaspoon size bit's on a plate, pop it onto a plate and into the fridge for a couple of hours - yummy yummy - I usually use ryvita but am sure someone has used scanbran and said it tasted fine. You will have to check the syns on it though - usually it works out at approx 1 syn per little ball.
I usually use 1 ryvita and 1 tablespoon of nutella - which makes approx 5 balls. I never usually make more as I would eat them.

Haven't had too bad a day today - although I did have a wispa and some hershy's chocolate - but am trying not to have any more syns today - so am on the diet coke for now.
But I did go to the shop and bought - double choc chip muffins and dairy milk trifles - which are calling to me - got in and put them on the counter and asked myself why I bought them!! But leaving them in the fridge for now!

Good luck to everyone over the weekend. Hope it all goes according to plans :D :)

Forgot to say that I would def love a christmas challenge - need something to get me back on track and keep me there! :) Am hoping that being at work next week will help as I won't be preping meals or in a position to eat like a horse! :(

I am defo in for Christmas challenge. Want to be at target and maintaining. That of course depends on what target ends up being, but I won't really know that till the end of october. 3 months to shift at least another stone should be doable, but I reserve the right to call target sooner if I think it's time to stop.

Oooh like the sound of the xmas challenge, I too did the xmas bauble thing on tree and I wish to be 1.5 stones lighter .. so put me down for 21lbs :0 lol,

I have been spending time with the family over the last couple of days, hope you are all well ..

Good morning everyone :).

Great respone for the Christmas challenge. I will start putting that together now and will add the link to this. It will be the last challenge this year, and last for a few of us on here if we all get to target. I don't think for me that will be til March, but aiming to do a good shift by Christmas.

hellooooooo EF!
everyone else i hope you are having good weekends!!

now iv stayed 100% on plan but my god its been hard.....im doing it but mentally im not there!
keep thinking aboput things i want to eat like a cheese and pickle white bread sarnie,toast and butter etc!! think its worse because im away sat and sun and know i'll be eating crap then...so the devil is trying to say ooo go on now!! but im not im sticking to it!

also doesnt help that i know im going to gain or at very best if i manage to lose 1lb overnight sts at weigh in tomorrow.....yes i know you can all shout at me for using scales!!!
and i know because of next weekend that i'll gain next week...and its my birthday tomorrow so im just thinking urgh why should i!!

to be fair its the first time since joining on 5th april that ive really honestly felt this way and im still grabbing onto the wagon for dear life!!

Morning Luverick. I know how that feels, you've been so goo, just keep that in mind, but there is no need to go without what you want. Just save for that each week, or.. count down from your weekly syns and then have that treat waiting for you at the end of it ;)

Mel, its nice to get together with the family, I love that. 21lb is a good challenge :), and its less then 1/2 stone a month, so can definately be done.

Rosie, I'm aming to prepare as much as I can for next week meals, for work, it was hard this week, but actually doing EE makes it easier as you can have most things anyway. Need to add some Red days this week (said that last week), just to increase the loss for the next week. So will be looking at doing salads, soups, and left over dinners to heat up at work. Rosie, I knew you'd have that forrer roche recipe :).

MLM, good idea re the challenge, you are bound to get to target before it finishes, but still a good way to look at it ;).

Sarah, I love Nando's ;) and yes, great on a red day..how did Nando's go, what did you choose to have?

Festival, 17lb is also a do'able challenge, and one I'm sure you'll crack :)

Lenlu, 16lb's is really do'able for the challenge, you'll do that easily :)

Right, girls and guys, here is the new Christmas Challenge link:

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...ernally-slim-christmas-12-week-challenge.html

xxx

Hi Eternal - lovely meal at Nando's. Had 1/2 chicken : hot flavour. Managed only to eat a tiny bit of the skin! Also had the peas (which should have been free) and about 10 chips.
How many syns is that?

I don't know how many it was exactly, but I only drak Diet Coke, andI didn't have any more syns all day, and hadn't had a HEB up to that point, so.... Might not have been too bad!

Today so far I've only had fruit and yoghurt, cottage cheese on Ryvitas and some really nice home made leek & white bean soup, (from a Sainsbugs' recipe, but I took out the butter!) which is really nice, and filling.

What shall I do for dinner tonight?

Hi Sarah

Nando's, what you had.. looks like it would have been within your syns, not sure re peas, were they in anything? Didn't know Nando's did peas. I'd count 6 for the lot, to be on safe side with chips and some of the skin. Well done for being so good there :).

RE dinner, hmmm what do you have in? I'm doing roast chicken, veg, roast potatoes (fry light, rock salt and rosemary)with a small stuffing ball and drizzle of gravey, probably work out to 5 syns. Im working tonight, so will take with me a large fresh fruit pack, some quavers (4.5) and an Alpen Bar Light (1/2 B), lots of water, tea and a diet coke will see me through the night.

That soup sounds yummy. Gonna make some soup for the week after WI tomorrow, have some butternut squash and will roast that with rosemary, and blend with veg stock and sweetcorn. Not sure how that will work out, lol.. but it's free :).

Have you put down your challenge on our christmas group thread?

xx

Ooh, haven't found the separate thread yet. I'm still new to this lark.

I'll have a hunt for it: then I can put a post somewhere else, which will be good, cos I'm still trying to get up to 20 so I can have a bigger signature!

(Bigger signature = smaller me. That's the way I'm looking at it.)

And Nando's peas are minted, come in a separate pot rather than on your plate. They tasted a bit sweet, so there might be a little bit of syn in there, but it can't be too awful I'm sure.
Anyway, it was a nice meal, good company, and I'm sure it wasn't more than 10 syns. Which is fine.

Thanks for all your encouragement.

Do you know what the particular Christmas thread is called? I can only find one that started in June, and doesn't seem to have the names of the people in the "Eternally Slim" group who all agreed to do it only within the last week or 2. Where do I look?

Thanks

I had just found it when Lenlu posted. But thanks anyway, both of you. I now have my Christmas target up there for all to see!

Thanks. Good luck to you too.
Hope your WI goes well tomorrow. Let us know.
Mine's Tuesday. Not expecting anything great this week, but any loss is good!

Back