From here to Eternally Slim

Lennis, is it your daughter who got the red belt or you :)

Don't cave.. you could be close to gettin your half stone award, so stay strong :). xx

I just bought me some pretty new boots!! :D I use to be a size 8, these are a size 5.5!!!

Lennis, glad you had a good time and your red belt friend was feeling better. Stay strong, dont weigh yourself!! I know its hard, i cant even have scales in my house as i'll jump on them but they are NEVER accurate no matter how accurate people seem to think their scales are.

xxx

hey guys how's everyone today..... i'm so bored cold and loney :( but on a brighter note you guys sound happy so its making me smile.... i'm having an EE day today,, hope i'm doing it right lol.... i swear when i looked at my boobies this morning they looked smaller,, happy days.... hopefully by next month my jeans will be fallin off me haha wishful thinking xoxoxo

I know!!! Its crazy!!!

Ive just won some more boots on ebay in a size 6, i hope their not too big otherwise i'll have to wear thick socks with them lol

My shoe obsession isnt too obvious is it? lol OH was so pleased when i sold 3 old pairs last week - i have just replaced them! lol xx

Lennis, is it your daughter who got the red belt or you:)
My daughter is a green belt, i am a grade below. Unfortunately I broke my foot a while ago and she had an extra grading so I am still playing catchup:)

Don't cave.. you could be close to gettin your half stone award, so stay strong :). xx

I kinda caved, I nipped into the staff room to sign out and a great big box of biccis was waiting for me behind the door. Before I could kick its arse:whistle: it forced open my mouth and popped in three biscuits. AArrgghh the agony. Good news is I have only had 4.5 syns so far today, and still have about 10 free from earlier in the week. Plus I took the kids swimming after work, so I hope thats kinda helped the cals go.:confused::D

Pesty I hope you find a brilliant place to wear those boots. Get the OH to take you for a stroll or cinema visit to show them off

Lennis... those 10 saved, would have been ok for your biccies ;)

Morning everyone. I am planning ahead for next week, and am doing some red days but need some inspirational ideas for lunches :help2:.

I'm going to do the small quiches, that Pesty has inspired me to do and get some bags of salad to use with them. But I will get bored with those, so need some more ideas? I can use the microwave at work, and by the looks of this cold weather staying, i'd rathe warm food. So please idea's on a postcard and post them to... here :silly:

I have applied for 4 jobs this week, one internal which is a secondment, but its depressing too :sigh:, Working with a team of socail workers that determines if a child is being neglected. Its the same grade Im at now, and only for 6 months, but its also in the field I want to eventaully work in - Social work, but not THE field - want to work in special needs, but its a job. The other 3 are Family support workers, working with families and helping them to cope with their children, giving coping strategies and care plans - a bit what Im doing now. So if the answer is No this week from my results of the Interview, then Im also planning ahead. I know if I could just work part time, I could study and do my Social Work Degree, but financially I can't afford it, so unless I get a job in that field and train from there.. I need to kiss that idea goodbye , lol.. Just being practical now!

Off to the Cinema later, to see a comedy, OH thinks I need some chearing up, I must be a really quiet and sad looking person to be living with right now :eek:.

Don't know if anyone saw Saturday Morning Kitchen today, but Ken Hom was on there doing a spicey noodle dish with crispy chicken.. forget the chicken - way too much fat.. but the noodles in sauce looked easy to do, so gonna swap a few of the ingredients about to make it sw friendly and will cook that tonight with King Prawns instead of chicken.

Gosh this is a long post !!!

Right flying off..to do my diary :superwoman:. Have a good one xxx

hope you have a good night at the cinema and it does cheer you up a little ef!
sorry if missed anything else guys....havent caught up past the last few posts!

well i had a stunningly off plan day yesterday!! but it was all planned in advance,i knew i would be and it was my hubby's birthday and we had a lovely day which was what was important :) and being the good little sw person i am(ahem,lol!) i woke up this morning and was straight back on plan.

hope everyone is having a good weekend xxx

EF, if you've got access to a microwave, one of the easiest things to take to work for lunch is leftovers! I've had all sorts.
Bolognese sauce - forget the pasta: have a bowl of it on top of spinach and chopped up tomato and cucumber.
Stew works equally well like that too.
Use left over chicken (or just the carcase) & veg to make soup.
I do taken in just meat, or fish, and salad - but that's not ever so warming at this time of year.
Last week I had some home make smoked mackerel pate - which i had on some ryvitas and with some salad bits.
Bacon butty?

There are heaps of possibilities - I think if you don't struggle for red main meal ideas, you should be able to do something with the leftovers to have a red lunch.

Hey guys

Tax return is done :) :D
Now I just need to sort out all the other million and one things that I seem to have to get done.
EF - good luck with the interviews and fingers crossed that you get the right one for you - whether that is your current place or somewhere different.

Haven't really had time to read through everything but am hoping everyone else is doing really well.

Had a 0.5lb gain last week - mostly to not being on plan - am pretty sure that I'm going to have the same again this week - I just can't seem to get my head into SW mode at all - I've well and truely fallen off the wagon!!!!
I'm smaller at this point in my pregnancy than I was last time - am still in normal clothes.
According to my 20 week scan I am now 21 weeks and due on 9th/10th June - I can live with that - should have popped by the time the bad heat of the summer arrives :)

Fingers crossed to everyone that you all manage to stay on plan over the weekend and have fabulous losses next week.

Brand new to forums

Hi Eternally Slim I'm a complete newbie to forums but am hoping to get a little extra support to keep me on track. Been following SW for almost a year now but had to re-start 2 weeks ago due to a very long holiday over christmas. I hit the half century birthday this December and want to look and feel a lot better than I do now, I owe it to myself. So I hope you can welcome me. :D

Welcome Geenie,
They are all fantastic peeps on here and are always happy to give a hand, a kind word and point in the right direction when needed.

Well done Rosie, just within the deadline, I think you deserve a break, those things are an absolute pain in the proverbial.

EF I live out of the microwave at work. I tend to make extras when cooking and freeze it in portions to have later in the month. It makes it so much easier on an evening, I don't have to think so hard then about what to have to eat.

I hope you enjoy the film the OH takes you to.

I survived saturday, yahoo!! the day which usually messes me up, with my syns below 15 and the dreaded garlic bread monster banished to far reaches of the hall. I have eaten so many satsumas I am really surprised I haven't turned into one.:D Then main thing is I have enough milk and syns left to make the gooiest creamiest hot chocolate in the world ever!!!!!:D:D

:talk017:​
Hello Geenie and:welcome:. we are all a great bunch of girls and guys (Scanbran) who give each other oodles of moral support, eschange recipes, tips, what works and what don't.. and also a kick up the jacksie when needed but ultimately we are just like an extended family and its great to see a new face.

I re-started 3 weeks ago too, have my 3rd WI on Thursday. It'll be good to chat to you and there will be a few others along later to say hi too. Its generally quieter weekends, and weekdays its quite fast on here.

Rosie, thanks I hope I get to stay at this job really, but with my plan B head on, Im not sitting around giving up, and just looking makes me feel more in control. Glad your Tax Return is done :) one less thing to worry about. That 0.5lb is really good for 20 weeks gone girl.. you are doing well with keeping as much as you can to sw. Going off plan now and then won't harm as you know how to pull it back, so don't feel bad about that.

Hi Mali, hope all is ok with you.

Sarah, thanks for the idea's for red lunches. Doing some quiches tomorrow and beef caserole for eve dinner, so will save some of that and the veggies to take with me and the quiches will keep me going too. Will do a veggie soup too and have some chicken breasts so will make some chicken tikka to take with salad. Hoping 3 days red will boost my losses.

Thanks Lennis, Im cooking a little extra tomorrow (or hold some back :) ), and well done for being on plan today as well.

Ohh I had a yummee brekkie this morn, 2 ww yogurts and 2 tsp (1.5) oats and more cereal on top .. OMG that was really nice so gonna have that again tomorrow. Don't like using my B up on EE for brekkie as love my alpens too much :).

Right off to work now will pop on again tomorrow for a bit.

Enjoy your eve xxxx

well not doing a lunch out followed by my pizza again, had to turn it to a flexi day and in my usual style was naughty today -

however not a happy bunny, went to dentist 2 weeks ago for check up to be told right tooth has a crack, went back to get it refilled and had one on left site redone as it was giving me pain, nicked a chomp off DOH today and then surprise surpise the filling on right is now almost falling out and starting to give me pain :( gotta call dentist to sort it out on monday

Hope the dentist sorts that tooth out for you Ronnie!! My back one has gone really sensitive ever since it had a filling. I think I preferred the hole!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:AArrgghhhh!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:
I don't believe it. Today is my weigh in and the sodding scales have decided to stop working. Means a quick trip to Argos before we go to Leeds so no weigh in till I get home tonight. I was looking forward to finding out how I had done:mad::mad::mad:

Morning.

Ronnie hope the dentist sorts your tooth out, they should do that free of charge. I had 2 that have been weak and started cracking, hvae been advised to have those 2 out.. as well as a broken one too. Its like a bus that you wait for for ages and then 3 come along all in one go. Good luck, Im sure he'll sort it out and well done for drawing the line.

Lennis, shame about the scales hun.. Go and have your lovely day out and sort them out tomorrow.

Cooked ahead for the week this morning for work. Made Butternut and Rosemary soup, and also 16 mini sw quiches. All free and just pinched one of the mini quiches and they are yummy.. only 15 now left, lol. Pesty.. I do prefer doing the mini ones, so thanks again for the idea. Beef Caserole in oven too for dinner tonight, for 1 syn a portion. I had 2 packs of beef chunks, and ended up cutting off fat, which only left me with a pack and a third.. Better off then on though.

Off to see a friend for coffee to meet her new grandson, then gym and then collect my son from work, to get him to ice skating by 6.30.pm.. Quick dinner and off to work again.. where does the day go!!!

How do you make them mini? Do you cook in cup cake cases?

Back