From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Thanks lovely ladies!

Ended up getting a bit upset last night. I just want to be back at my lowest weight so bad and I was really hoping secretly that all my Dublin gain would be off this week. Ah well, life is what it is I guess. I just hate working hard and still being higher than my lowest, but it's all my own doing so no-one to blame but me! All this regaining lost ground lark is pants! It was only a 6lb gain too, imagine if I'd *really* gone off the rails how I'd be feeling now?! Makes me realise that bar the odd evening off I need to be pretty much constantly 'on it' until the wedding.

Worked out that I need to lose on average 1.6lbs a week if I'm to make my target by the wedding, now that still seems pretty achievable :) Going to set myself a Christmas mini target too - we have 14 weeks left until Christmas so I'm going to aim to lose 2lb a week until then - that'd be 2 stone off by Xmas. Might seem quite a lot but I know if I get focussed I can do it, that'd put me at 15st 2lbs for xmas, I could live with that! ;)

What with uni, placements, study and work I hopefully won't have much time to eat anyways! :p I know I joke about that but in a way its actually a serious concern - if I'm in uni 9-5, then working 6-10pm three nights a week I really don't know when I'll find the time for food! I'm quite pleased uni does jacket potatoes and a salad bar, think I'll be living of them for lunches.

As for the holidays, I really feel like a lucky girl this year having so much to look forward to. Norway is next in 6 weeks time - can't wait! Thankfully it's only for a weekend so it shouldn't scupper my slimming too much if I have one big night out and stay on plan (ish) the rest of the time.

Food today is pretty basic but yummy fayre and looks like this:

Friday 19th Sept - EE
Breakfast - Muller
Lunch - Ham salad with jacket potato and cheese (hexa) - 3 syns
Snack - Grapes, jelly - 0.5 syns
Tea - SW carbonara
Supper - Chewy D - hexb
Total - 3.5 syns

Hi Cheese Thief,

Oh my god, your progress is amazing!!!

I have about the same to lose as you and hopefully will follow in your (shrinking) footsteps..

I joined SW in August and have had 4 weigh-ins now, just lost over a stone!

Well done :)

Evening hun :), sorry I'm behind, well done on your super duper loss :bliss:, I'm so so happy for you. Your lucky you don't have long till you catch up on your gain, I have a long climb ahead as you know from my diary :p. Thanks for your lovely words of support, I really appreciate it. I hope you have a lovely weekend. I have missed you loads. Hope we can catch up soon. ;) Take care.

Kay xx

Always good to get a head start on starting Uni, ppl on my course have just put 2,3,4 stone on since starting.

What you going to study? I'm at Uni and I just take pack up now costs to much otherwise

Afternoon guys!

Today feels a bit like the end of an era as it's the last day I'm 'off' before uni starts. Tomorrow I'll be working all day so I'm frantically trying to get everything prepared and ready today for my first proper day on Monday - eek! This first week is just the induction but in a way I guess its one of the most important as we'll be finding out our timetable, getting measured for our uniform and meeting everyone on the course. Will be interesting to see how I manage this week with uni and my shifts. I'm only in 3 days this week, but Monday and Tuesday I'll literally be out of the house from 7.30am to 10.15pm, so gonna have some long days where food could be pretty tricky. I'm a bit nervous about it if I'm honest but really hope I'm able to stay on plan as much as possible.

Foodage today is looking pretty yummy - we've got a chicken roasting in the oven and tea will be a fresh subway salad - nom nom! :)

Saturday 20th Sept - EE
Breakfast - Muller
Lunch - Roast chicken with SW roasties, carrots, parsnips, leeks, mash and gravy - 5 syns
Tea - Ham subway salad - 3 syns
Snacks - Grapes, jelly - 1/2 syn
Total - 8.5 syns

Always good to get a head start on starting Uni, ppl on my course have just put 2,3,4 stone on since starting.

What you going to study? I'm at Uni and I just take pack up now costs to much otherwise

Yeah I've heard of the Freshers 15 - I hope I manage to lose mine! :D

I'm doing Diagnostic Radiography at uni, so looooonnng days and lots of work. Will all be worth it though in the end. Pack up sounds like a good idea once I'm into the swing of things :)

Yeah I've heard of the Freshers 15 - I hope I manage to lose mine! :D

I'm doing Diagnostic Radiography at uni, so looooonnng days and lots of work. Will all be worth it though in the end. Pack up sounds like a good idea once I'm into the swing of things :)

I know all about them I'm doing periop care so scrub/anaesthetic nursing and I'm a single mum.
Think the weight comes from pub union lunches n beers everyday and then eating crap when studying long nights up doing assignments, but if your heads in right place and you stay well planned ull be fine. I'm a stone lighter and by end of my course I hope to be well at target.

Skinnyjeans - Well done on losing weight while you've been at uni! If you're a Mum on top of all that you must be crazy busy too, so hats off to you! I'm hoping I won't have time to eat between working and placements, definitely won't have time for the pub much between work and uni. I did a Law degree when I was 18 and must have put about 4 stone on over the 3 years, constantly out at the pub. But back then I didn't work while I studied and I was in uni about 6 hours a week! :rolleyes:

---

Quick update today before I head off to work. I've found it quite hard the last few days to stay on plan, but managed it thanks to eating mountains of grapes - by mountains I mean a 500g packet a day! :p

Today I'm aiming for a bit of a detox day, low syn and quite basic. Had a long lie in as I'm working until 10 tonight, so having my cereal bar later in the day.

Sunday 21st Sept - EE
Lunch - SW spag bol topped with cheese (hexa)
Snacks - Banana, grapes, chewy D - hexb
Tea - Veggie quiche
Total - 0 syns! :)

Very busy and with wi to fit around placement now but I've found it easier making this a priority instead of an excuse I do my best to find time for it.
My tutor made a joke once about how he can see the woman getting bigger as course goes on.

I'm just plugging away tho and however long it takes at least it's not gains and gains.

Good luck for wi this coming week :) x

Well I survived the first day of uni. Didn't get up to much tbh, measured up for our new uniforms and got our enrolments all confirmed. I'm absolutely shattered now though as didn't get much sleep. Was meant to be in until 4 but we finished to orientation for half 2, so came home for a bit. I'm off out to work in a bit, another glorious 6-10 shift.

For lunch today we ended up at the pub, I had wedges, but they didn't look to be fried, so syns wise I don't think its too bad apart from the kechupAll in all today is looking like this:

Monday 22nd Sept - EE
Breakfast - Crunchy nut - 6 syns + hexa
Lunch - Small oven baked wedges with ketchup - 3 syns
Tea - SW veggie quiche
Snack - Grapes, yoghurt
Total - 9 syns

Well done with first day at uni. But as a chef I must warn you - sometimes things that are not made in deep frier contains lot of syns anyway. Like when you ask new potatoes and dont tell no butter - 9 times form 10 your new potatoes are butter on it. And you cant always tell.
Anyway - you doing well -
Good luck and keep going. Day at the time :)

Well done with first day at uni. But as a chef I must warn you - sometimes things that are not made in deep frier contains lot of syns anyway. Like when you ask new potatoes and dont tell no butter - 9 times form 10 your new potatoes are butter on it. And you cant always tell.
Anyway - you doing well -
Good luck and keep going. Day at the time :)

I'm sure most pubs must oil them even if not deep fried. I find pack up best thing for Uni

Hello hun, this week has been as I thought, less of you on here and Von at the same time, I miss you both very much :(:(, hope Uni is going well for you.

Hugs Kay xx

:bighug:

Hey guys,

Thanks for the well wishes. I miss you too Kay!

Uni is going well, made healthier choices today and had a mackerel salad for lunch which was pretty yummy. I also resisted while my course mates had Fancie cupcakes (best cupcakes in Sheffield). They are absolutely beaut so I seriously deserve a medal! :D

I'm doing over an hour walking a day now and finding that I'm so busy that I'm picking a lot less on food. I'm really hoping it'll help me on the scales, so then if I do want the odd student treat I'll still be able to lose. I must walk 4 miles a day and I'm on the go from when I leave the house at 7.45 in the morning to 10pm. Looking forward to seeing what the scales say on Thursday!

Tuesday 23rd Sept - EE
Breakfast - crunchy nut and milk - hexa + 6 syns
Lunch - Mackeral salad with beetroot, rocket, tomatoes, onions and lemon juice dressing
Tea - SW veggie and bacon quiche
Snack - Muller
Total - 6 syns

Off uni tomorrow thankfully (it's still induction week so not had proper lectures). I'm still working in the evening but at least I'll be able to get a bit of a lie in and have some home cooking! Got loads of reading to be getting on with already, it's going to be one busy term that's for sure! x

Hey guys,

Thanks for the well wishes. I miss you too Kay!

Uni is going well, made healthier choices today and had a mackerel salad for lunch which was pretty yummy. I also resisted while my course mates had Fancie cupcakes (best cupcakes in Sheffield). They are absolutely beaut so I seriously deserve a medal! :D

I'm doing over an hour walking a day now and finding that I'm so busy that I'm picking a lot less on food. I'm really hoping it'll help me on the scales, so then if I do want the odd student treat I'll still be able to lose. I must walk 4 miles a day and I'm on the go from when I leave the house at 7.45 in the morning to 10pm. Looking forward to seeing what the scales say on Thursday!

Tuesday 23rd Sept - EE
Breakfast - crunchy nut and milk - hexa + 6 syns
Lunch - Mackeral salad with beetroot, rocket, tomatoes, onions and lemon juice dressing
Tea - SW veggie and bacon quiche
Snack - Muller
Total - 6 syns

Off uni tomorrow thankfully (it's still induction week so not had proper lectures). I'm still working in the evening but at least I'll be able to get a bit of a lie in and have some home cooking! Got loads of reading to be getting on with already, it's going to be one busy term that's for sure! x

Well done hun, reading your post makes me remember how easy it is to eat crap at Uni, sounds exactly same as my time there but each bit you say no to is going to show on scales.
I've been on placement so its been easier, I'm back for a 2 week Uni block from Monday so I'm going to have to do what your doing and say no.

Keep going :) x

skinnyjeans - Yeah its really hard when everyone at uni seems to eat crap. Plus like most places the healthy food is expensive and the rubbish is cheap. I was expecting uni to be pretty subsidised and cheap to get healthy things, but its not the case at all. Got myself more organised today as I've had a bit of time so prepared a salad to take in tomorrow. Its good to know that you find placements a bit easier, plus I bet on placement you're on your feet all the time and don't stop, definitely some good body magic :)

----

I slept like a baby last night and woke up at 10 feeling so refreshed and awake. Best nights sleep in months!

This morning I've nipped to the shops to stock up on cat litter and get some more healthy food. It's nice having a bit more time to prepare things so I've made a yummy salad for uni tomorrow and soon I'll be tucking into jacket potato, tuna and salad.

Got quite a lot of stuff to do still for the start of lectures next week, so this afternoon will be spent sorting out folders, working my way through the pre-course reading slides on chest x-rays and having a shower to wake myself up before work at 6.

Food for the day looks like this:

Wednesday 24th Sept - EE
Breakfast - Muller and banana
Lunch - Tuna mayo (3 syns) sweetcorn jacket potato with cheese (hexa) and side salad
Snack - Grapes
Supper - Oats so simple porridge - hexb + 6 syns
Total - 9 syns

skinnyjeans - Yeah its really hard when everyone at uni seems to eat crap. Plus like most places the healthy food is expensive and the rubbish is cheap. I was expecting uni to be pretty subsidised and cheap to get healthy things, but its not the case at all. Got myself more organised today as I've had a bit of time so prepared a salad to take in tomorrow. Its good to know that you find placements a bit easier, plus I bet on placement you're on your feet all the time and don't stop, definitely some good body magic :)

----

I slept like a baby last night and woke up at 10 feeling so refreshed and awake. Best nights sleep in months!

This morning I've nipped to the shops to stock up on cat litter and get some more healthy food. It's nice having a bit more time to prepare things so I've made a yummy salad for uni tomorrow and soon I'll be tucking into jacket potato, tuna and salad.

Got quite a lot of stuff to do still for the start of lectures next week, so this afternoon will be spent sorting out folders, working my way through the pre-course reading slides on chest x-rays and having a shower to wake myself up before work at 6.

Food for the day looks like this:

Wednesday 24th Sept - EE
Breakfast - Muller and banana
Lunch - Tuna mayo (3 syns) sweetcorn jacket potato with cheese (hexa) and side salad
Snack - Grapes
Supper - Oats so simple porridge - hexb + 6 syns
Total - 9 syns

I don't stop all day but that alone doesn't help a good week food and on placement and losses will be good.
I always thought Uni was cheap but it really isn't the shop at my Uni is petrol services prices its ridiculous.

Ppl will eat all crap around you just go day at a time and stick at it x

Back